[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby thephfactor » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:29 pm

thephfactor

Postby bels » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:32 pm

issit...

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:39 pm

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby ramseames » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:22 pm

hey there uniqlo, where'd you come up with this from

ramseames

Postby bels » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Really liked the look of those but the fabric composition looked off.

Are you saying they're a rip?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:25 pm

looks a bit like a nike tech fleece rip to me, but then on the other hand they're all grey hoodies at the end of the day

stappard_

Postby ramseames » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:28 pm

nah there's a few details here like the cuffs being piped that are way too similar

see also: high neckline, raglan sleeves, kangaroo pocket coming down to the hem instead of stopping above the ribbing, etc

ramseames

Postby bels » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:08 am

Indeed a rip. Qlo one looks a bit better in my eyes though. Ribbing on the hood and no logo. shame about the composition.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hirokinakamura » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:26 am

Nike logo is the shit

Bela mon how u gon hate on nike

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby bels » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:45 am

Nike has so many negative connotations in my mind. I know it's just a meaningless personal opinion but Nike is objectively the worst brand of all time and history will absolve me. I thank buddha from saving me a year ago when I considered buying AF1s so that I can state confidently that my wardrobe is entire Nike Free.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Nike is one of the best in the game when it comes to working with certain textiles - mostly low-tech athletic stuff, but also things like flyknits, some of their outerwear. While I want to like their willingness to work with other people and"support" different athletics, there's also something awful about the way they practically eat sports scenes by virtue of their clout and then plasticizing whatever area they've staked out. Looking at skateboarding and snowboarding here, where they had the fucking gall to pretend that some giant corporate monster has some kind of counter culture cred.

This shit makes me want to puke:

As a side note, their swimming shit sucks but the suits for ladies look real nice.

odradek

Postby bels » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:10 pm

M&S are doing trousers with some kind of water resistant finish?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cot ... p20029185#

Fit looks amaaaaaaaaaaaazing (joke)

Also available with pleats:

Wonder how good the water resistance is??

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tomsfood » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:43 pm

zara shirt would look quite nice with veilance stuff or in a more techniche look, ordered one myself and will post reviews when it comes

pretty cool details such as mesh pocket, side zips that reveal mesh allowing ur fat ass to fit into the shirt, ribbed collar poloish like (all properly gimmicky because its zara but you gotta embrace it man)

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby bels » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Anyone who can afford veilance won't be able to deal with the quality on a zara shirt. I'll put an imaginary bet on you backing the shirt or keeping it butbeing sad about it

Sleater Kinney released the new theme tune for this thread

bels
Yung Winona

Postby vgtbls » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Some new Gap offerings... interesting to see them split the difference between 4pins jizz and Workwear. They're going big on canvas. MA-1 sweat and sidezip sweat could look good if sized up enough. I might have to try on those pants.

vgtbls

Postby ramseames » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Ma1 sweat is a bad nsw copy.

It's nice that these things are cheap but there's not much thought going into this

Edit: pant print is kinda nice fwiw

Dub edit: Tom I would agree if they hadn't done the pocket in black and put the trim around the inside of the collar, too much similarity

ramseames

Postby tomsfood » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:00 pm

this shade is quite nice. thinking about getting it next big sale as a spring jacket but may be too much overlap with my folk mac. saw the khaki and navy versions of this in store, really nice especially for the 40 or 50 percent off that will inevitably show up.

also excited to see what gap outlet does this spring/summer as thats like all i wore last summer

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby 3hunna » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:31 am

American Apparel is one of the better high street brands imo.
I quite like both of these sweaters:

also a frankengrament

this has some other good colours as well, it's also kind of similar to a gosha sweater a couple seasons back.

3hunna

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:35 pm

/anyone

that abraham moon blazer you liked finally on sale

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-co- ... l/p1697935

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:36 am

Don't know if I could say that I liked it.

Eitherway I already bought a Jigsaw wool blazer.. also with fabric from Abraham Moon?

Never heard of the place till this year and now it's everywhere.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:13 am

They're great but unfortunatly they've become the place brands use when they've already done a whole 'Harris Tweed' thing and want some 'newness' in their line.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby hoodoo-operator » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:21 pm

damn, the GAP MA-1 is exactly what I've been looking for in an MA-1. Not to shiny, and it has the pocket on the arm. I'm probably going to pick that up for sure, I'm just surprised that the jacket I've been looking for for the past year is being made by the gap.

hoodoo-operator

Postby bels » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:01 pm

http://www.johnlewis.com/kin-by-john-le ... e/p1709231

I wasn't unimpressed for £80

Also

£30...

bels
Yung Winona

Postby soundclip989 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:25 am

Forever 21 men. Look familiar?

soundclip989

Postby starfox64 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 pm

lemaire x uniqlo fw15

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:42 am

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Essentials
http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Men/Essentials

Is COS not concerned that they'll lose customers if they just churn the same menswear collection every season? Like how many crew neck jumpers do they think I'm going to buy from them? It feels like they're missing a trick here. Obviously there's a big market in "men who want to look presentable and not much else" but wouldn't it make sense to try and get these men interested in more directional fashion? Once COS MAN has bought a couple pairs of chinos, polos, and crew necks what's the point in him returning to COS other than items wearing out or his wide brim hatted girlfriend taking him there?

And yes, surely there are men out there who are copthletes and will just buy the same jumper every season for the sport of it (I of all people probably shouldn't be pointing fingers) but I feel reasonably sure that the trend in menswear right now is swinging away from that sort of meaningless consumption and towards people actually wanting the things they own. COS is also priced a bit too high for that kind of buying for the sake of it larks (outside of sales). So where are they going to take it?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thephfactor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:24 pm

thephfactor

Postby MxmHrpr » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Went into JL, surprisingly fits well for OTR high street spare the skinny ass lapels (it's jersey so super casual, so I don't mind the length).

Actually fairly surprised by their own brand stuff. Some good fabrics and even spotted some taped seams. Though still some pure thoughtless decisions in their line. Under what circumstance ever is someone better off with patent captoes over calfskin? A generously cut shirt with tiny collars? Just straight up lazy.

The worst thing about the COS collections is the lost potential. If they worked those economies of scale and passed the savings on to the consumer OR put that saved money into quality it'd be so much better than it is now. But no, we get minute tweaks and consistently poor value outside of sales.

MxmHrpr

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:39 pm

my most useful jacket is a JL barbour from the casely-hayford collab. cut like a blazer and much slimmer than a normal barbour, its been all over the world with me. i often see joe casely-hayford ( he lives near me) and sometimes think i should thank him.

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Yeah yeah yeah yeah BUT

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Men/Sale/Ra ... .1#c-24479

These trousers are alright and on offer. I have some. Wear them all the time

Has been suitable for spring so far yeah.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags