[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby Julio » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:01 am

uniqlo u is nice as always. why do none of the tops ever go beyond an L kmn.
bags fun. like them all in the blue best.
contemplating wide ankle chino. nice twill. fit is fun if potentially v on-trend. not really wide, are they? calling all these relaxed taper ankle pants "wide" honestly irks me, but that's nitpicking.
blocktech jackets look on point. but didn't pay much attention to for fear of feeling bad about sizing.
can't comment on winter gear. why bother in the tropics?

Julio

Postby bels » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Here's a photo of me wearing a uniqlo U tshirt. It's alright. Feels very heavy weight

bels
Yung Winona

Postby talkin2snakes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:51 am

wool trousers r ok, nothing special. nice cdg-esque shape but poly blend feels a bit meh. still glad to have them as they can just about stand in for a majestic comme pair that were so unbearably hot and scratchy i had to leave my friend's birthday party and go home

bonus swebay synergy omg!

talkin2snakes

Postby talkin2snakes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:24 am

can't remember who was looking for black jeans w longish rise, roomy thigh + taper but the UU jeans might fit the bill, nice mid-wieght denim (size down 1 for this type of fit)

talkin2snakes

Postby maj » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:45 am

Asda is selling herringbone cpo shirts with pockets, look quite nice didn’t feel as I was picking up a prescription

maj

Postby maj » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:29 am

marks and sparks got their winter stuff out, real bangers include the return of the moleskin's (£5 more exp than last year), £130 brown suede bomber would be great for a night out jacket, their regular cut jeans, good selection of flat hem shirting and some nice striped rugbys

honestly buy a set of £15 reg cut jeans, a xl tee, some xl shirt and pair with some contemp brand jacket/ over shirt and airmax you'll look the most boss this winter. suuuuch a look.

(if u cuff the jeans im banning you)

maj

Postby midvh » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am

Has anybody tried these Cos trousers? They look pretty nice, but will most likely be too short for me...

midvh

Postby Julio » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm

i'm out here being super excited for uniqlo u ss18. want tons of things but especially the cargo pants and striped camp collar ss buttondown.

as usual i will post unsolicited opinions after i go and fit everything upon release

edit:
in case anyone hasn't seen this

Julio

Postby bels » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:45 am

Have you heard of Sno pants Julio

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Julio they've been made in many different fabrics over many years. I'm certain there's one that's a good material for the tropics.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Julio » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 am

Julio

Postby WussWayne » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 am

Crown jewel. Pls report back.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby WussWayne » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 am

Oh hahaha man you cheeky dog so that's where you're pulling you're reference from that you've admittedly done an on fleek fully seek original remix of it. Well I don't want to grind for hours for an affordable secondhand version of it. Lemme just skip my dealer and get on dat og gud gud. No wait, vintage fashion is paradoxically expensive. I fucking hate fashion. One of these days I'll buy a pajama set bathrobe and house-slippers from target and donate every non-office thing to charity

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby kickingthefly » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:20 am

had a quick look at uu, altogether disappointing. white boxy tees are actually off-white, cotton suit is a bit flimsy and washed-out. some of the knits seemed ok. best thing i saw was the 'brown' (actually burnt orange) harrington, colour is really nice IRL but only IT guys wear harringtons.
https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/me ... rwear26151

kickingthefly

Postby bels » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:58 pm

OK but the standard Uniqlo harrington is made of a DWR, stretch polyester, has a double zip and hidden pocket buttons.

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/me ... Dbiker2146

checkmate in all honesty.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hharrissonn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Some thots on my Uniqlo U SS18 purchases.
Image Image

Cotton Jacket: Very lightweight, almost too lightweight? Will still be nice for spring/summer (how appropriate). Pockets are p nice, and there are plenty of them. I almost wish it was a little bit shorter, but I get why it isn't. I wish the buttons felt a little more sturdy, but with the weight of the jacket, I'm not really worried about stressing/breaking them. I bought true-to-size (L) and the shoulders hit where I want them too, there's definitely a little room for layering which is nice. The color is much more grey in person, which is a little bit of a bummer because I was expecting an almost blue-grey, but it's still going to be fairly versatile I think.

Wide-Fit Tapered Cotton Pants: Good counterpart to the jacket. Same weight as the jacket, but I really don't mind. Hold their shape fairly well, not so light that they move/fall weirdly. The clasp at the waist feels fairly sturdy, and the pockets are nice and deep. I could see myself wearing them without the jacket, but since I have it, why not just wear both? I really enjoy the cut, and they hit right above my ankle very similarly to my Wide Fit Pleated Chinos which I also like quite a bit. Overall they make a pretty solid, fairly casual suit that I'll definitely get my $80 worth of use out of, and then some.

Crewneck Short-Sleeve T-Shirt [EDIT]: As far as I can tell, identical to the winter version from last season, which is great[I was wrong! The SS is a two piece upper, and the FW is tube knit, which I like a lot more. Color is the same tho]! I have four of them in this same color, and one black one. Very sturdy feeling, with a very solid neck. Easily my most worn T, and now I can wear them even more since I have multiples. Size L fits me exactly how I want it too, the extra length and boxier cut making it much more comfortable than my Dry Packaged and Supima T's from Uniqlo [not quite as boxy as FW but sleeve length is the same].

Wide-Fit Tapered Jeans: Love them. Heavier denim than I expected, which is a plus. Remind me of a pair of 501s that I had for a while as far as the wash/weight, but I much prefer the cut of these. Zipper is MUCH nicer than my Slim Selvedge from Uniqlo, and the pockets are larger, which I am really enjoying (back pockets are massive). I bought them in a 34, and once they shrink a tiny bit after the first was I think the waist will be perfect. Cut is just loose enough for me, and the taper is done very well (not too dramatic). Length is very nice uncuffed, I'm just a slave to the look of cuffed denim. Really solid pair of jeans that I'm going to wear a ton.

Tape Belt: I bought two of them, one in black and one in olive. Nothing terribly exciting, I just love webbed belts. Product description says that they're slightly elastic, but I don't notice much give that can't be attributed to the webbed construction in general. Rings make them very easily adjustable, and I haven't noticed any problems with slipping. For $10 each a buy I'm very happy with.

Overall, I don't regret any of these purchases, which is a good sign. Buyers remorse usually hits me pretty hard. These are very solid basics, which is exactly what I wanted. Nothing that's going to turn heads or really wow anyone in terms of quality/construction, but it's Uniqlo, so like what else do you want? I wish I had grabbed one or two of the Cotton-Cashmere Sweaters when they still had my size/the colors I wanted, but maybe one of the LA stores will have them next time I go. The shoulder bags also look fun, but I have too many bags right now, and am planning on buying another one soon anyway to replace my AA tote, and am fairly set on what I want as a replacement.

Basically, I love stuff that I can wear thoughtlessly and comfortably, and this is it. Thanks love u all live your dream.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby can- » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:31 pm

new uniqlo U looks really similar to season 1 UU? the parka and blazer in that crunchy cotton particularly

vs

can-

Postby Julio » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 am

haven't bothered checking the stuff out as everything i want doesn't release locally until the 3rd of march.
i had my brother grab me a navy webbing belt, though. good thing to own. the stretch is more for a bit of give and comfort around the waist, which is lovely. no slip issues thus far.

Julio

Postby kickingthefly » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:03 am

dusty pink hoodie is v nice ( luckily im not whiny/entitled enough for anyone to think i might be a millennial, ymmv)

kickingthefly

Postby maj » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:29 am

marks and sparks selling gats for £40

http://www.marksandspencer.com/lace-up- ... evPage=plp

i got a pair out of curiosity and they're actually surprisingly good for £40 shoes, like........actually good.

maj

Postby posh_somme » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:56 pm

a new H&M opened in birmingham and it's a lot better than the other ones, feels more open like their european stores. still don't like any of their mens clothes mind

because I rarely go to H&M i was unaware until now of their "edition" range which may or may not be Arket but more expensive for no reason. everything in the range is minimal but still trendy (yellow jumper for £80, carbon copy of the uniqlo lemaire green/white toothpaste shirt for £40, thin shiny t-shirts for £15) and it all seems a bit fruitless. is it intended as a gateway drug to H&M-olytes to get them shopping in the more premium arm of the H&M-iverse? are they expected to see £60 stretchy light wash jeans, have no choice but to buy them and realise that the more you spend on clothes the happier they make you feel?

I know I'm way behind here and Topman/M&S etc. have been trying the premium thing for a while too but i always thought that H&M customers are the kind who "know what they are paying for" and regretfully cop the plain black hoodie knowing full well that putting it in the wash is a gamble. maybe it''s a way canvassing the prospect of opening new Arkets

tbh it's a lot more like Whistles than anything else

anyway here's some Arket shorts that are almost nylon metal

some decent stuff in the whistles sale right now, about 6 pages of it (i have never bought anything from there)

buck the ugly trainers trend and get yourself a pair that say "i'm looking slick in waitrose right now but if i need to run for any reason i will have the capacity to do so"

get yourself a coat that says "it might look like this is from urban outfitters but im in my mid 20s and this is worth over 200 quid thank you very much"

posh_somme

Postby griffin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:10 am

in the last year or two target revamped their clothing lines and now carries a noragi bomber which can be had for $40 (on sale for $28) in store

in the women's section you can find balenciagas for $25

griffin

Postby Julio » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:27 pm

some fun things. if the past couple of drops have been any indication, uniqlo u has finally gained traction in manila so i can no longer bank on things going on sale.
packable track top, baker pants, and any of the wide fit mid sleeve shirts are things i'd like to pick up, if not at least try on.
definitely need the red & teal checkered one.

Julio

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:26 am

The new Uniqlo U seersucker jacket/trouser combo is actually primo casual suit material. Fun features include a hidden button behind the lapel so you can fasten it higher up for a minor increase in warmth and a hidden coin pocket in one of the patch pockets. Gonna be a pretty solid spring summer staple for me and it's <£100.

Texture close up:

Full fasten:

Fit pix:

DeafIdiotGod

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:45 pm

airism boxer briefs still the GOAT – maybe even better than the last time i re-upped on them

i could sell my acronym coat and use that money to buy the price equivalent in airism boxers and honestly i think that my acr coat and an acr coat's price tag in airism boxers are of equivalent value

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Julio » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:04 am

bumping this because uniqlo's current mountain parka is v good
available in orange, navy, brown, and black
here is a terrible photo of the orange one on the rack
and here are some fitpics:

picked the navy one up, it's good. DWR treatment so for now it's perfect during tropical rain and it isn't too warm to use out here either. mesh lining helps a lot.
it's been cut more friendly for my proportions (v rare that qlo xl sleeves are the right length on me) and i think that's why i got it right away. four front pockets and one internal pocket; the two front pockets under angled panels have zips on them. nice.
out here it retails for the same cost as a blocktech parka, feels overall more "vintage tech" than the blocktech one (for obvious reasons) but again the blocktech ones always come up short in the sleeve on me, so this will do just fine.

Julio

Postby Julio » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 am

uniqlo related bump yet again, dropped by yesterday after running some errands to look at jw anderson ss20 collab.
everything was on sale, so i picked up a pair of the in blue.

great pant, about 85-90% perfect at what they are. wish the back pockets were slightly bigger and the waist had a climbing style belt instead of belt loops, could have used the belt loop material to make said belt?
but still very good regardless. thigh pockets are intelligently angled, knee pattern is good, all the darting is cool, and there's a crotch gusset. can even wear at home like pajamas, tbh.
also worth noting that the rise in front is somewhat low, but the waistband sits higher in the back. makes sense for the whole active/climbing type thing these seem to be targeted at, but given the lack of bartacking around gusset stress points i'm not sure i'd climb in them often if at all?
very light fabric, reminds me of this old i picked up some years ago.
also worth noting the pattern is pretty much the patagonia venga rock pants, with some tweaks and a shorter inseam.

on the whole, very good pants; would get at least one other color if they hit deeper sale. highly nonessential purchase, but i can wear them at home and also look forward to packing them into the next time i can take a backpacking trip, once the world isn't a giant mess (whenever that might be).

other things of note:

anyway, can take a few fitpics one of these days if anyone is interested in seeing

Julio

Previous

Return to Tags