[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby bels » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Pirx are you coming at me for wearing a 50 now what am I meant to do. The 48 wouldn't fit across my shoulders.

Also your fila\nice boi progression is completely wrong. Nice boi is the backlash against fila working class appropriation

bels
Yung Winona

Postby earthonator » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:44 pm

does h&m really think they can get away with selling this coat for $300

it's a wool/nylon blend and yea it looks great but its h&m, which is an affordable retailer not known for its quality

earthonator

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:21 am

tempted to give this topman design suit a go, although its prob overpriced (£350)

pirxthepilot

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Anyone else waiting on the Uniqlo U by Lemaire collection?

Image Image

Image Image

I'm smitten by the turtleneck, def copping in off white

Outerwear has some good pieces too

DeafIdiotGod

Postby maj » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:10 am

Fallen in love with Marks and Sparks,in a world where even highstreet trousers (let alone designer) are cut like drinking straws and a 30/33 doesn't exist they're a breath of fresh air.

Got a pair of stonewashed jeans and chinos for £23 all in, no leather patch and tasteful pocket detailing, no added elastine and a great straight cut.

So banging

maj

Postby maj » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:14 am

Not forgetting the cotton knitwear, they have a great basket weave one ATM in good colours

maj

Postby maj » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:12 pm

maj

Postby rublev » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:37 pm

thought the U collection was decent

will prolly keep the puffer down jacket, lambswool ribbed sweater and heavy oxford shirt... ribbed sweater is particularly nice

block tech looks interesting

trouser selection is disappointing though

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:18 am

pirxy lad if you're going to go to m&s anyway, maybe take a punt on their regular fit t shirts? Could suit your boxy tshirt requirements.

rublev, what was the fit like on the shirts? Size true?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:06 am

anyone looking for an unstructured coat, this is pretty nice for the price. material is decent, it's a kind of ribbed wool, at the slightly better end of the cos fabric range, substantial enough to drape a bit and looks good when worn. I like it more than the OL/acne options

http://www.cosstores.com/de/Men/Coats_J ... .1#c-22755

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Cos seem to be finally going in on oversized drapery long coat and cropped tapered trousers. In addition to that above one there a raw edge one that's pretty similar though not as long.

On the flip for one fifty you can get an actual issey or yogi diffusion coat from Japan, assuming you don't get burned on customs.

I'd probably get the cos but then I'm only interested in owning a long coat to project wealth and drama into my environment

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Also pirx you could take a punt on whistles for some rainwear. On sale now.
http://www.whistles.com/coats-jackets/w ... color=Navy
http://www.whistles.com/coats-jackets/w ... olor=Khaki
http://www.whistles.com/coats-jackets/w ... color=Navy

M in all of those but maybe size down in the last one. Probably none of those will be functionally superior to a torrent shell but as a gen xer you probably don't want a visible logo and as a brown person you probably don't want to wear Patagonia

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:38 am

Jigsaw getting on it. Coat is way too much (500) but the trousers at #119 could be a good sales snipe.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:43 pm

h&m / kenzo might be the worst high street collab i've ever seen (or just the worst thing i've ever seen)

yet this shit still sells out on the first day?

rublev
Political Editor

Postby tomsfood » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:59 pm

really feel like this collab is for "h&m shoppers" and not "internet fashionistas", looks like the type of stuff you might see people wearing in h&m as they shop around. prices kind of discredit this theory though.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby earthonator » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:08 pm

what's up with the old navy and gap outlets this year? Couldn't really find much deals even though supposedly everything was 50% off. A blasphemous white ocbd was $17!

earthonator

Postby rublev » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:27 pm

a few months on and i've been really impressed with everything from uniqlo u. the puffer down jacket is great and worn most days. the chino trousers that don't look great online are actually pretty nice IRL after hemming (steal at that £9 sale). best thing is the lambswool ribbed knit. fit, quality and pattern are the best i've seen for that price in ages, could easily be a £100+ piece.

shout out to COS for finally doing some good trousers. the wool chinos with pleating, and 'cargo' trousers (feel almost like moleskin) with big pockets are friendly. i kept the latter, hope the former stay around for the sale... the agnes martin collection stuff is decent too. the belted trousers especially... unusual fit for cos, pics online don't do them justice. was lucky enough to get these discounted but worth a punt looking at in store if you're after something different in the mid range.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:06 pm

m&s moleskin chinos are great, seriously why bother with margaret howell

pirxthepilot

Postby Ques » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Ques

Postby rublev » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:02 pm

the light weight down puffer is great. not had uniqlo down stuff before so can't compare, but i've been wearing it in close to 0°(and just below) and it does really well (although i usually have a heattech underneath :O). fine in the wind. not had it in any rain yet (mostly been cold so no rain) but i don't think it would be great in anything prolonged. if you're looking for something more tech maybe go elsewhere but for general use thumbs up. it looks great too, imo.

it also packs away into nothing and is super light. only downside is that i get some feathers on my jumper...seems to shed more than other down i've had.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:24 pm

BIGBEE

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:38 am

was asked for better fit pics of m&S moleskins

pirxthepilot

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:57 am

yeah, tts. they're selling out fast though, im pretty #influential

pirxthepilot

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:15 am

is this some nostalgic bruce chatwin object fetishism
('she removed her spectacles and, almost with an air of mourning, said, "Le vrai moleskin n'est plus")

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:42 am

It's a fashion forum pirx. AKA a nostalgic bruce chatwin object fetishism forum.

Pretty sure distilling things down to only the elements that can be instagrammed is a dorm room teen syndrome trait. Watch out, you might have been compromised.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:56 pm

muji not moleskine (you'd know that ofc)

edit: oh yes nsfw

http://amaliaulman.eu/IHOC.html

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:51 am

Probably the best COS sales season in years.

EDIT: I didn't get much, mostly replacements for nondescript things I already own. I got this:

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Men/Sweatsh ... 1#57900312

in blue, which is very nice though

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:12 am

COS smock thing just arrived, its quite nice- the wool seems almost felted (better than my pics, as ever) will prob keep

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Men/Sweatsh ... .1#c-22755

pirxthepilot

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 am

yes, if you're looking for something more substantial i recommend this (obviously much much nicer) , but feel like it's proper outerwear whereas the cos one can be worn indoors. i like all felted wool so room for both

pirxthepilot

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:33 pm

yep got one on order, i have a snowvershirt and it's great

pirxthepilot

PreviousNext

Return to Tags