[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

We don't run on this high street; we run this high street

Clothes

Re: We don't run on this high street; we run this high stree

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:23 am

someone asked me about these trousers. shape looks promising in pictures (i have a summer weight pair i like a lot) and the fabric is nice enough, with definite casual suit potential, but when you put them on the pockets gape and look ridiculous. COS fail.

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Men/Trouser ... .1#c-22755

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:29 am

Pocket gape normally caused by trousers being too tight in the seat. Were they just cut for slimmer guys or is it just a total patterning fuck up?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:51 am

lol @ ask andy clothes knowledge. nah just patterning i am skinny af thanks to months of illness/injury :-(

pirxthepilot

Postby midvh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:19 pm

I tried the same pair and to be honest I really liked them. They're a bit too tapered for my taste, so I'm still on the fence. Might wait until a sale pops up.

Didn't experience anything weird about the pockets, and I got a booty worthy of a 90's hiphop vid.

midvh

Postby Ques » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:02 pm

thoughts on the new uniqlo u stuff?

kinda fancy and

Ques

Postby Julio » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:47 pm

re: uniqlo u

thought i might as well talk about it since i spent a lot of time in the store looking at the stuff the other day, but even then stock wasn't quite complete.
[wall of text below]

TL;DR:
overall i feel like a lot of the stuff seemed better online/on the racks than when i actually put it all on. but maybe my stretched proportions had something to do with that? regardless they're good basics still i fathom. i walked in wanting a bunch of things and left with three items; one of which i liked way more than i expected to.
your mileage may vary.

Julio

Postby Spaceman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: uniqlo u part 2 (I like that rhyme)

I just got my order in today and I'm really excited with my purchases! I got the open collar printed shirt in the red version and the oversized indigo polo in the light blue. Both pieces feel very nice and I enjoy both the cuts. The open collar's pattern is super cool in person and I'm already in love with it. It has a surprisingly heavy feel to the fabric while still being super smooth and silky to the touch. The polo does seem oversized but it also feels extra long. It is super soft and comfy to wear and the bigger out of typical position pocket is a fun touch. I enjoyed the nice details such as hang tags that are heavier cardboard and use string to attach them versus the plastic you have to cut off. Also the printed shirt credits the artist right up front on the first tag which I thought was cool. Over all I'm satisfied with my two tops but neither of them are really anything more than what you pay for them. They seem quality, feel nice, and look good on me which I'm happy about.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby posh_somme » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:57 am

all UK muji prices are going up loads, probably in april some time. i think they're having a bunch of promotions in the lead up to it. source: an email i shouldn't have been told about

EDIT: sorry don't know about furniture at the moment. it seems as though they're slowly rolling it out though: stationery is going up next week. £1.50 for gel inks as opposed to £1 before. mad

Last edited by posh_somme on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
posh_somme

Postby wolflarsen » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:42 am

I'm planning to pop into Uniqlo today to see how i feel about the UU short sleeve button ups and the lightweight jacket. Initially I was only drawn to the work shirts, but I have endless amounts of garments in that realm already.

Also got my eye on the padded v-neck jacket in the new , which has a super similar color palette to the Uniqlo U collection. It is going to be a dusty, hue-y summer.

wolflarsen

Postby saveed_samir » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:04 pm

does anyone have that 90s gap oxford and wants to post a picher

saveed_samir

Postby rublev » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:27 pm

yeah some of the 90s stuff looks cool... i keep getting 'WOW 35% OFF!' emails through from them, might give something a whirl

rublev
Political Editor

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 pm

When I tried the Oxford on it made me look like a friend's character. Don't have a picture though

BIGBEE

Postby Julio » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:46 pm

uniqlo u update:

denim jeans grew on me, ended up with a pair in the sort of solid indigo (one wash vibes?). zip length longer than i remember. comfy. budget ganryu ankle pant vibes.
sized up by 1 here (as i usually do?)
shoddy fitpic below:

also: found relaxed wide pants in an S. didn't stack/break nicely at all, and i'm 6'3"-6'4" >_>
hemming would have been ideal but i wasn't sold anyway??? prefer to sling my pants low so that may have something to do with it. looked *okay* when worn way higher than i like? maybe my very chunky footwear the day i fit did something for the pooling which i wasn't into at all; not the kind of wide pant i am after? will check again with a slimmer shoe, like 70s or something. maybe.

the jogger pants are actually alright too. fit out of curiosity. super summery fabric. good room in thigh and rise + zip length very nice, taper good and cuff isn't too tight. not anything i'm jonesin for but the comfort & breathable nature of the fabric makes them appealing.

Julio

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:37 am

i snagged those denim jeans on release and they're fucking wonderful on my short legs. budget ganryu is exactly what i thought, and i dug the deep pockets

the seersucker jacket is trash, but I like the pants

ramdomthought

Postby posh_somme » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm

what are TK Maxxes like in london? popped into the brum one today for the first time in about a year and it's pretty different from what i remember. a lot of the men's rails were full of YMC, and their "gold label" rails which i hadn't seen before had a fair amount of margiela, one pair of raf trousers and an our legacy hoody (mostly dsquared, moschino and tacky luxury italian stuff though)

posh_somme

Postby BobbyZamora » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:38 am

uniqlo is never coming to canada

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby ramseames » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:02 pm

They already have two stores in Toronnto and they announced a vancouver one a couple weeks ago

ramseames

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:58 am

they aren't in canada until they have online shopping here

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Spaceman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Very very sad I missed this last Qlo x Kaws drop. I thought it was coming out online today but I guess they surprised dropped it yesterday at like 8:00pm my time and didn't see it. I just want a kaws puppy so bad.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby tweefwend » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:07 pm

tweefwend

Postby bels » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:29 am

https://www.arket.com/ is to Margaret Howell as COS is to Acne. Expecting a report from posh Somme and rublev any day now.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby talkin2snakes » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:40 am

Last edited by talkin2snakes on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
talkin2snakes

Postby posh_somme » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:33 am

posh_somme

Postby talkin2snakes » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:29 am

qlo/ines corduroy jacket is nice and fits me really well (thanks for the tipoff ), now i'm trapped in internet teen limbo clicking to see if they restock trousers

talkin2snakes

Postby Julio » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:59 am

uniqlo x jw anderson is, upon fitting
ok.

for some idiot reason nothing goes beyond an L again in tops so no hope. trench coat is honestly an amazing garment and it's fully reversible in case you want an insano tartan trenchcoat. frankly if the sleeve length was right i'd be into it. lots to say about it but i recommend you check it out if you can instead
twill work pant... meh. they're ok. would buy if and only if they go on super deep sale

Julio

Postby talkin2snakes » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:10 am

so julio was right, even sized up the jwa cord suit trousers were too tapered/eurosprezz, backed the whole thing.
uniqlo u fishtail parka looks quite good, and flannel overshirt seems a nice shape. judging by the last collection the wool blend outerwear won't be up to much though.

talkin2snakes

Postby Spaceman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:48 pm

I was busy and forgot about the drop. I missed out on the wide fitting ankle length pants :( I'm super sad because I had been semi-hunting for a pant just like that for ages on places like rakuten but now I finally had an opportunity and I biffed it. I'm disappointed in myself. (Would tip for a proxy?)

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:01 pm

Went to my local qlo for the uniqlo u drop, they barely had anything but the lambswool sweaters were really impressive, they have a subtle multicolored look to them, really soft, medium-low itchyness, and good relaxed cut. Would recommend.

Bonobonobo

Postby odradek » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:59 pm

got hands on some of the jwqlo stuff. My brief review:

pants: not good. Feel like plastic. enough room in the hips, though? didn't try the workpants.
outerwear: standard uniqlo outerwear. cool that the trench is reversible. puffy coat has lining issues that i dislike but is probably very warm.
sweaters: cableknit is bad, mostly acrylic. the striped stuff is nice if you like looking like a dork, which, lets be real, most of us posting on this site do. the jacquard one is good and dopey and i bought it.
shirts: nothing special.
bags: the backpack is trash and the tote is flambuoyantly huge.

odradek

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 pm

fun fact i just learned: hemingway bought the shotgun he used to kill himself at abercrombie & fitch

CheerUpBrokeBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags