[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Tatts

Tatts

Clothes

Re: Tatts

Postby sunblam » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 pm

I recommend Kenji Alucky's pointillism for those who like the geometric.

I am a big fan of Ondrash's ink work, personally:
<>

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby hooplah » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 pm

reminds me of amanda wauchob

hooplah

Postby deadkitty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:11 pm

white dudes getting maori tattoos is pretty frowned upon. I don't think the-arm's is one though

deadkitty

Postby starfox64 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Yeah that's kind of what I figured, though I know it does happen.

I haven't really looked that closely at it or seen a good picture of it. It might be a Japanese-style woodblock tat.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby deadkitty » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:07 am

maori tattoos are pretty cool though

deadkitty

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:49 pm

right now i'm generally running along two themes for tattoos i really like. joy-division-reminiscent topographic contour line stuff like this:

and then elaborate, highly structured patterns, sometimes in a kind of cuff shape or pattern fill on your skin. this one is great because i love how the positioning is coherent with the structure of your body, the way that skin can be folded/hidden or you unfold your arm and reveal the space that the tattoo resides in.

i'm not a fan of whole-sleeve things just because i prefer lower ratios of ink : skin but i love how lush this is. like imagine if you were tattooed like this and you wore a bunch of dries van noten prints

schiaparelli

Postby anonomous » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:03 am

I want to wear a white tee but be tatted like nick wooster.

anonomous

Postby teck » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 pm

just got new piece

Mark Cross at Greenpoint Tattoo

teck

Postby thug » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:19 pm

What are your opinions on tattoos?

Most people around me believe they should mean something except my mom who thinks tattoos are literally hitler

I would think Fashion Conscious people would only care about the design aspect of tatts more so than other people.

thug

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 pm

My philosophy is aesthetics first, meaning optional. At the end of the day it's a drawing on your body, and an ugly drawing is an ugly drawing.

Also, what's the meaning of something like this?

Sure there's a lot of tradition and "meaning" packed into that tattoo but not in the way most people look at tattoos, aka "this tiger represents emotional strength and cherry blossoms were my mom's favorite flower before she died".

thomaspaine

Postby teck » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:10 pm

teck

Postby YoungCanoeist » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:05 pm

YoungCanoeist

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby YoungCanoeist » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:25 pm

Yep! I'm studying at Michigan State, it's fantastic!!

YoungCanoeist

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:28 pm

Nice! I'm at UGA, training for urban forestry, really stoked so far. Sorry to derail the thread!

UnwashedMolasses

Postby starfox64 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:42 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby teck » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:54 am

teck

Postby YoungCanoeist » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:39 pm

I don't think that design trends changing necessarily make certain tattoos a bad idea to get though. You could probably say the same thing about the classic American style (though it's persisted in popularity for a long time). I think it's all up to what you like personally.

This is a design that I sketched up a little while ago, and I'll probably get something like it eventually (ignore the straight lines and scribbles on the outside). Not sure where yet though. It does incorporate things that have meaning to me: the sun image & its radiance, the flower (horticulture/gardening/connection with the natural world), and definitely some stuff that is trendy, particularly the lotus flower/mandala image. I just genuinely like how it looks, the organic lines. Still gonna sit on it for a while though and modify it.

The thing about how the body will change over time is really interesting. I wonder if I could figure out a design that would look better with wrinkles (lol). That's a neat idea to play with.

YoungCanoeist

Postby RycePooding » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Really considering getting a thin line around my ankle, with the horizon of a mountain range in the line (similar to a heart beat line, you know?) on the inside of my ankle. Can't decide if it'd be incredibly stupid looking/cliche.

RycePooding

Postby potsticker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Not a terrible tat idea, but the first thing that comes to mind is the patagonia logo.

potsticker

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:03 am

eccentrica, this look from prada ss13 popped up in my tumblr feed and i think your tatt would look good on your back

re: body changes, wouldn't it be funny to get a dot tattooed on your belly then get pregnant and watch the dot expand

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby whinefields » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:10 pm

i got my tats specifically with body change in mind

i have three lines around my rib cage (among others) that are positioned such so that when i move, gain weight, loose weight, get muscle, etc. they change. i specifically choose my design with the thought that since nothing is permanent (no stasis), why not get a tattoo that reflects the permanence of instability.

whinefields

Postby YoungCanoeist » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Could you upload a picture? If you don't want to that's okay!

YoungCanoeist

Postby sensodyne » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Work in progress

sensodyne

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:51 am

I would love to have this as a tattoo in black. The game was awesome and so was the memories.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby rudy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Told myself I'd contemplate getting a tattoo for a year exactly a 12 months ago today. Finally making an appointment with this guy for some work on my inner bicep.

rudy

Postby Stingray Sam » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:29 am

I'm saving up and trying to figure out what sort of tattoo i want when i turn 18, i'm also considering piercing my ears

Stingray Sam

Postby anonomous » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:34 am

I turned 18 last year and told myself the same thing but i still haven't decided what tattoo i want yet. I guess I'm not spontaneous enough

anonomous

Postby anonomous » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:17 am

sorry for double post, time ran out to edit it. Found this cool pic.

anonomous

Postby b4my » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 pm

I've wanted this for a couple years but then someone pointed out it kind of looks like a swastika and now i'm worried.

I also want the R&S Records slogan ("in order to dance") but I want to figure out a good font or an interesting way to present it.

b4my

PreviousNext

Return to Tags