[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Acne Vulgaris

Acne Vulgaris

Clothes

Re: Acne Vulgaris

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 am

whats sizing of acne jeans like vs, say, apc?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:59 am

Depends on the cut but I'd say size down one from your normal size on the Max.

Acne Roc chinos seem to be size up one.

You can maybe size down one on Ace but it's going to be into girl jean territory.

That's the extent of my knowledge.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:21 pm

oh sorry sknss didn't see that

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ramseames » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:41 pm

I went TTS on my maxes and they fit pretty much perf.

to keep things away from sizing, i don't know how I feel about these:

ramseames

Postby sknss » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:53 pm

i wonder if chagall actually wore leather overalls

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby teck » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:31 am

teck

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby midvh » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:28 am

A bunch of new Acne pieces just dropped. I really like this sweater,

It's a lot of money for something that's probably made in China though.

midvh

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Syeknom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:41 am

Weird collection, lots of different things going on at once. General theme seems to be bold colours and patterns with a lot of urban-style prints. But then for good measure pieces like harem trousers, technical fabric suit jackets and tweed numbers.

Not exactly out of line with their previous seasons in terms of cohesion but still.

Styling of last season's models was more impressive imo.

Syeknom

Postby midvh » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:59 am

^I agree on the styling. Not the keen on the harem trousers.

I ordered one of those marble shirts a while ago, but I haven't been able to pick up the package yet so I had to contact Acne's customers service to extend the time. I used their online chat thing, and it was incredibly helpful. Totally outstanding from anything else I've ever used before.

midvh

Postby hooplah » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:02 pm

i like

hooplah

Postby balloons » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:00 pm

hey syeknom, be prepared to update that comment with the pics of the insides of the stores, because apparently the biggest Acne flagship yet is set to open in LA

I'm pretty stoked

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby hooplah » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:30 pm

it's opening on the 18th, i'm thinking about going to see what's up

(lol who am i kidding i'm way too intimidated to go to anything like that)

hooplah

Postby YourLatus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:04 pm

I have a hell of a lot of love for ACNE, at the moment i only have a few pieces so i took a couple of crappy pics. I think it's fair enough to say they're not good value at retail as a lot of the stuff is simply priced to those who can afford it, however i've never found the construction lacking in any pieces i've got my hands on. The mens collection is a step behind the womens in my opinion but that's reflected in a price jump too. I just see them as a great balance between real life and higher fashion. Overall just a brand that i find exciting despite their simplicity and one i love to talk about. Acne Paper is something special all on its own too.

A couple of Isherwoods I have

Image Image Image Image

Acne Paper: The Actress

Image Image

YourLatus

Postby YourLatus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:00 pm

idk this is sorta what i mean about the womens collections being more advanced, i don't see more adventurous stuff like this fitting in with the mens collections yet it flows seamlessly with the rest of the womenswear to me.

YourLatus

Postby midvh » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:44 pm

oh wow

midvh

Postby balloons » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:55 am

quick question about Isherwoods: what are they?

specifically, something like ?

I've handled one isherwood and it was a nice flannely thing, very soft. is this different? I can't tell if it's a denim shirt or a flannel that's supposed to look like a denim shirt or what.

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby YourLatus » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:06 am

Isherwood is just what they call the cut of all their standard shirts. So that green flannel from this season which I think you're talking about was an Isherwood. It was really nice hey, I was tempted to get it but bought Lanvins instead.

YourLatus

Postby midvh » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:12 am

Isherwood is the name of that specific cut/model. It's a bit relaxed, but not overly so. I picked my regular size and it fits pretty much like I expected it to do.

And that's a washed denim shirt. I haven't handled that particular one, but judging from earlier pieces with similar fabrics it should be pretty soft.

midvh

Postby balloons » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:27 am

so to be clear: the green one I handled and this denim one are not going to be the same brushed cotton feel?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby midvh » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:32 am

no, probably not

midvh

Postby YourLatus » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Couple more pictures; i love this shirt, the washed flannel is soft and thick and the twill sleeves are solidly triple stitched on.

Image Image

YourLatus

Postby hooplah » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:53 pm

oh hell yes how good is this

hooplah

Postby germinal » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:02 am

Charlie Porter:

(love) charlie

germinal
Garminlad

Postby balloons » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:50 pm

can't decide between max cash and max stay cash

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby balloons » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:48 pm

well that's sort of the issue at hand - I don't know if I want them to stay dark or fade

I already have a pair of black stonewash skinnies so they're like a dark grey / uniformly faded black

and a pair of black levi's that have stayed black but are a bit too big on me

decisions, decisions

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby hooplah » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 pm

does this not look like the perfect white tee

hooplah

Postby balloons » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:19 pm

anyone got pics of cool lookin worn in max cashes?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby ramseames » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:47 am

They fade hard at the seams/points of wear but otherwise stay pretty black, not gonna get honeycombs or anything I don't think unless you wore them an obscene amount.

ramseames

Postby balloons » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:22 am

so then the stay cash must be permablack for years then, yeah?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby ramseames » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:37 am

Assuming there's a meaningful difference, yeah probably. Once my maxes are sufficiently beat I'm gonna get a pair of PBJ NCs I think though.

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags