[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Got a broken clock

Got a broken clock

Clothes

Got a broken clock

Postby bobo77 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Watch thread? Forgive me if there's already one.

Timex Expedition Metal Field purchased at Target, with Olive Green NATO strap from Amazon. I really like this one, I've worn it almost every day for nearly a year.

bobo77

Re: Got a broken clock

Postby Yoder » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Thought this was a bot thread for a bit there.

I'll be honest, i've never really worn watches, always thought them a bit silly and useless, plus I hate having stuff on my wrists.

Yoder

Postby jrisk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm not a big watch person either. I feel like they're a bit ostentatious (for me) like most accessories but I do want to get a simple Braun eventually:

jrisk

Postby nick » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:04 pm

G-Shocks are COOL

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby inherently » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:30 pm

I used to not like watches either, but I picked this up about a year ago and have been wearing it pretty much daily:

Looking into getting this as a graduation present:

I like the art and craftsmanship behind mechanical watches, and I hope to pick one up sometime in the future. Here are two of my favorites:

IWC Portuguese Chronograph:

A Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down:

inherently

Postby nevergreen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:10 pm

great taste

i used to wear watches all the time but never anymore. lunar phase watches are my favorite and a lange & sohne makes some beautiful ones

also really love this old seiko that is not often available. i remember looking for one a while ago and having no luck, but one is up on ebay.... so tempting.

nevergreen

Postby smiles » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 am

sorry for lame picture

my mix n match watch from the safety deposit box.

vintage (probably 1940-1950??) automatic longines
with patek philippe vintage alligator band and buckle thingy.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hharrissonn » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:36 am

FINAL HOME x G Shock Mini is my all-time favorite watch.

olive cw is my favorite, followed by white (in the spoilers). there's a black one and an orange one too iirc. i feel like a mini g shock would look better on my tiny bb wrists.the hospital-style id part is cool, would be neat to fill in on the white one.

supreme x rolex if u feel flagrant

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby ramseames » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:30 am

ramseames

Postby can- » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:50 am

I had that black bracelet bapex and it fell apart in the first 3 months, the bar holding the chain fell apart on one side and literally all the hands fell off the center and would just bounce around the bottom of the face (lol)

i loved the hell out of it and would've brought it to a watch repair store if i hadn't lost it-- just a personal experience.

i replaced it with a black seiko SNKE03k

wore this guy for 2-3 years before it ground to a halt.. after having it repaired a couple times for a couple different issues (first time the face got twisted 45 degrees, second time movement needed to be replaced) it was beginning to cost more to have it serviced than the initial investment.

I've had this ballast 1903 Bright Star for 4-5 monthes, which is by all accounts a 'fashion' watch but it was the right size and I liked that it didn't need sunlight to stay bright in the dark. I thought quartz would be a little more durable but it already seems to be falling apart.

Conceptually I love a Cartier tank with croc strap

and i have a weakness for pepsi dial gmt-ii

but what's the point of spending that cash on stuff that's just going to keep failing? i love watches and will always wear them, they are a sweet accessory and I love being able to tell the time in a world where everyone else is pulling out phones. my average lifespan for watches is under a year and it's starting to feel futile spending too much time or money on them.

can-

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:43 am

Louis Vuitton escale worldtime. fucking beautiful. only cost 67,000 so a proper bargain really. not available anymore but i'm sure if you called them up they would knock one out for you

mc-lunar

Postby mike868y » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:29 pm

very topical thread for me. like everyone who "gets into" fashion i bought a cheap timex, which i lost in a drunken rampage (have since found). then teger from styleforum sent me another timex, which i liked because it was a little larger and the dial was black. the battery died so I recently bought a seiko 5 which i really like, especially paired with a raw leather band. almost splurged on a hamilton but couldn't justify it right now.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby ynnrz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:49 pm

been looking for this thread, my dad is a massive watch buff and that hobby has managed to rub off on me to a degree

check out the escala worldtime's little brother: the escala timezone

the movement is just a standard gmt, and the dial isnt hand painted, but iirc its about 7-8grand for the steel version, which is about the entry level range for a swiss movement gmt from a respectable brand, and you still have that really unique design

and then theres the minute repeater worldtime, which will probably run you patek minute repeater level money and out of the range of anyone who isnt a millionare watch collector

ynnrz

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:44 pm

I recently found out ur supposed to wear the watch above your wrist fold. I kept seeing pictures of people with the watches higher up (where they're supposed to be) and thinking lol that looks stupid... But it was I who was stupid all along.

Anyway I want this watch

JonjoShelvey

Postby ramseames » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:29 am

this is so impressive from a design/eng standpoint that you don't even really register the level of ridiculous ostentation until after the video ends

ramseames

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:06 am

pirxthepilot

Postby can- » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:09 am

I destroyed this seiko snz15 in a fall about a year ago:

I replaced it immediately and in only 11 months the front glass has broken and the movement is falling apart. I took it to a couple watch repair places and basically it's way more expensive to fix than it is to just buy another one new. what am i doing wrong? are there any watches that look like this that won't fall apart? I really like the look of this watch.

can-

Postby bels » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:29 am

Kind of want you to buy a Rolex and come back in nine months saying it got destroyed

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:47 am

kind of goes against what i said before but it's actually really easy to trash a rolex, i've done it a couple of times. just drop it on the floor as you go to put it on, it's the one thing that will likely damage most automatic movements, apparently the g force/impact shock is enormous. can be fixed but will cost a full rolex service which was around £650 i think last time i did it

if you are destroying watches like that you have to give up on 'nice' automatics i think, just use a g shock or your phone

pirxthepilot

Postby can- » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:59 pm

i dont drop my watches because i literally never take them off.

can-

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:49 am

undercover x seiko wired from aw 09 "earmuff maniac" only 150 of each cway made

mc-lunar

Postby talkin2snakes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:08 am

friend got a CWC military watch the other day and it's really nice, that's what i would get now if i needed a watch
this kind of thing
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/322420270944?c ... 910&crdt=0

talkin2snakes

Postby maj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:30 pm

been looking at watches lately as a passing nerdy fad that has latched onto my love of nice feeling trinkets, here are some of my favourites i've come across at a "affordable price range"

CWC GS saphire (i know we have some cwc fans in the house)

Lorier neptune

seiko SARB033

Christopher ward c60

Sinn 556A

sinn 104

maj

Postby kickingthefly » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:05 am

i rarely wear watches but like the way tudor has been picking up the some of the vintage rolex tool watch design cues, esp now they're going down to 39mm. i might not be able to resist a black bay 58 when it finally gets released

kickingthefly

Postby maj » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:19 am

older lcd/ dual display/ sqaure seiko's on metal bracelets are the play tbh

all £20-£100

one for

maj

Return to Tags