[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Twombly garms

Twombly garms

Clothes

Re: Wavey garms/ Johnheads/ banter lads

Postby maj » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:15 am

maj

Postby bels » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:25 am

If I go sports direct and buy a lonsdale tracksuit and start wearing it to middle class events to be aggro is that class tourism.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Me irl

maj

Postby maj » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:24 am

Palace x Adidas best collab ever imo

http://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/see-t ... here-first

maj

Postby maj » Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 pm

maj

Postby areo » Sat May 02, 2015 9:04 am

This may only be me being in a bit of a mood, but I don't really get the hype here.

I find it much easier to get on board what people like Nazir Mazhar and to some extent Cottweiler are doing - I think that the shapes of the clothes, the fabrics and the textures used are all interesting. I can also see where the whole look is coming from, grime... garage... youth culture etc. With the Palace stuff, though, all I can see is a logo slapped onto some t-shirts, and now maybe some things in fabric that you don't get wet in. I don't want to come across in an antagonistic way, but I just don't see what's so out of this world about that. Yeah, it is streetwear, so I'm not expecting clothes that are being radically deconstructed or anything, but to me it does just seem like something you'd find from Kappa or Hi-Tech at a Sports Direct, albeit with a more tasteful/hyped logo. Maybe that's the point and it's just not my style, but I just thought I'd say something for the sake of conversation. I don't think that Palace (and in particular the Adidas collab) are bad at all, I'm just wondering what it is about it that people find so attractive.

areo

Postby wiggly--woo » Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 am

wiggly--woo

Postby areo » Sat May 02, 2015 10:38 am

Yeah, I think that the nostalgia aspect is fair enough. I remember that sort of thing as well, and I'm all for casual clothes that are easy to throw on. I do think that that's something that Palace is doing well. I can definitely take the point about Supreme etc too, but I guess that in relation to that point and to the point that Nazir Mazhar & Cottweiler are aimed at different markets, I think that although Palace is cheaper the fact that it's on style.com says something about the way that it's being received. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Looking back at the first comment, it probably came out a little more harsh than I would have liked it to.

areo

Postby can- » Sat May 02, 2015 10:39 am

it's not really fair to say that supreme slaps it's logo on everything. box logo only shows up on a small percent of items each season unlike the palace triangle which I believe is on literally every palace garment somewhere.

can-

Postby rublev » Sat May 02, 2015 10:40 am

i know end are known for awful product pics but....????

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Sat May 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Tbh I think the aesthetic claim isn't that strong. I go to sports direct on reg lately and I never see anything I like as much as pa LAD Ida's. Mainline adidas has some equivalent stuff but it retails for the same price really. The main difference is that papayas will sell out.

In comparison to I can haz hat and Tortelier I think the fact that palce is priced cheaper makes a huge difference. Super expensive fragile chav wear just makes me roll my eyes.

But the main thing that makes me feel palace is cool and master fad hat is stupid is that while he goes around gurning palace actually seem to have a sense of humour about the whole thing

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Sat May 02, 2015 2:14 pm

the criticism is common and i've done it myself before, a lot of people around the fashion sceen (espesh in the ~~~streeeetware~~~ circles) people are not getting the hype for palace and it's some illuminati shit to sell high price sportswear. but i think like a lot of brands which thrive on cultural connections these messages get lost on the web or to those who dont invest themselves in following it/ are around it

the real key to understanding why palace and to the same extent supreme is popular is looking at what they are, they're skate brands. these brands admittedly are the upper echelon of pricing in these areas but they have a skate team (very, very good ones at that), they're affordable so a teen with a basic job can easily get a few pieces a season, and they're all true to their image (very important for skate brands), sold in skate your local skate shop (or through supreme) all while still being very fashion forward. so when palace here comes up with a collection with adidas which not only rings true with their message (uk skate scene, early 90's nostalgia, futuristic, technical fabrics brands they all wore in the day, buzzword, buzzword, pigeon hole, buzz word) and then slaps out a bunch of gully garms which would stand on their own next to some (insert contemporary brand which is 2x the price) people get very excited which explains why they're on style.com and getting featured on ID on top of the fact their look is "very now". this collab also has built hype for following on from reebok and umbro ones which are all #grail in the scene. not to mention their place in amongst popular culture right now in terms of music with trillogy tapes, their skaters are some of the most loved like lucian clarke, fairfax, cannon, mccoy with the rest of the southbank, their support of the general uk skate scene and any recognition of it in mainstream culture is thanks to them and their team members.

compare that to nasir which is at least 5-6x the price piece to piece, sold in very few fashion forward boutiques, is doing something very different in terms of message and design it's not really fair on that level. compared to cottwiler palidas smashes it i stand by that, non jersey cottwiler is 2x the price and has very similar fabrics, pieces and lack the grass roots culture that palace has built (no, seeding your shit to skepta in #shutdown does not count mr cottwiler) then cottwiler just looks a bit wank. given when they're a larger brand and the aesthetic has matured (if they dont bust when tastes change or before) they may refine their look further and get something more than "upscaled sportswear with drug influences dae scally" which is fine for this moment but if you want to bring a brand forward it's going to need more than that.

in terms of you can buy this stuff at sports direct, i see that as a moot point as you can buy garms at a bunch of prices. why buy rmc if you can buy surplus ect.

maj

Postby anonomous » Wed May 06, 2015 8:20 am

Impulse bought myself a Palace Hoodie recently.. Still not sure what to think but it's pretty cool, so i thought I'd show you guys.

Close up texture shot

anonomous

Postby wiggly--woo » Tue May 12, 2015 3:06 pm

hope this doesnt encroach on the dreaded 'recent purchases' territory, but following on from the post above, the windbreaker from the palacexadidas collab arrived the other day. even tho it was a little pricey (by my standards at least) was still surprised by how nice it feels in person when worn, and the weight is perfect for heat sensitive folk such as myself. massive upgrade on a tacky white/silver number (probs by lonsdale or everlast) i bought from sports direct ~10 years ago.

tried to take a pic (in spoiler) but it doesn't really do it justice because a) had to piss about with the lighting, b) apparently i couldn't even be bothered to put the hood straight and c) the best thing about it is how it looks up close. tried to get some close-up photos and they came out laughably bad. but there's a faint geometric pattern on the white parts and the whole thing is slightly translucent as well.

incidentally, there was guy walking down the road on the opposite side to me wearing the , looked really good from what i could see.

wiggly--woo

Postby maj » Tue May 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Have u got pics of it in its little bag?, can you use the sling even when it's not packed away?

My pull over arrived the other day and it's lovely, this almost soft shell body, with rip stop nylon shoulders and back panel finished off with a drawstring waist and mesh lining. It was definitely high their Adidas pricing but all round it's a lovely bit of gear while standing to their word of being beer and water resistant.

maj

Postby maj » Tue May 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Too Hot LTD edits are always very nice this is their latest one, their selection of garms is also Too Hot. The premium side of wavey garm regularly having a selection of vintage stone island, Ralphy and moschino.

maj

Postby CPV1 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:11 am

A few words from D Double.

CPV1

Postby wiggly--woo » Wed May 13, 2015 11:42 am

wiggly--woo

Postby sknss » Wed May 13, 2015 12:14 pm

aren't you meant to tie the sling around your waist anyway? that's what we used to do with our kways. it looked stupid as hell. no wonder i can't find any proof of this on goog images

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bobo77 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:37 pm

can anyone provide some examples of the wavey tunes the ledges/lads listen to in the club while wearing noisy windbreakers and digesting their nandos?

bobo77

Postby CPV1 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:46 am

CPV1

Postby haz » Sat May 16, 2015 8:22 am

haz

Postby bird.in.flight » Sat May 16, 2015 8:34 am

still wish palace had've put out some sort of sweat with this tri-ferg to coincide with the release of 71st & exchange used to be
would definitely have been better than the sweat p.a.m did

bird.in.flight

Postby bird.in.flight » Sat May 16, 2015 5:26 pm

@stateofyou nah, p.a.m/perks & mini, local aussie brand that did a capsule collab with sound signature, not a big fan of their stacked eye graphic like they do with the mona lisa too

bird.in.flight

Postby maj » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:13 pm

http://www.size.co.uk/product/umbro-90s ... rt/150787/

where have i seen this before?

got myself a new haloween outfit :sweg:

whole collection is sick, if you miss out as i no ur all rushing for this especially true headz like and for their trip to ibiza later this summer (ladz on tour 15' oi oi) there are a further 2 drops coming in the following months from other retailers.

maj

Postby oucho » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:05 pm

this was the first spurs kit I ever owned

oucho

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:34 pm

this was mine but its not nearly as wavey, the collars all wrong

stappard_

Postby maj » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:07 pm

No Lonsdale,