[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Future Is Curatorial

The Future Is Curatorial

Clothes

Re: The Future Is Curatorial

Postby Bryan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Well @Bela I don't have any other Rafdidas 'cept the Response 2's but I figured "hey why not post my shoe collection here"

I present to you: "I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me properly so I buy cool shoes"

L-R: quetzalcoatl x Puma, Y-3, quetzalcoatl x Sebago, Rafdidas, Nike, New Balance, quetzalcoatl x New Balance

I should(maybe)/could sell the NB's and Pumas as they lean more towards streetwear but I dunno I really like them.

When I find more Rafdidas in my size and buy them i'll post here again.

wya
Bryan

Postby hmwut » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

warm-weather footwear ready for deployment

wrote a bit for this post but decided to make a thread about it instead but man it felt so good to bust out the wallies again

hmwut

Postby hmwut » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:53 pm

those r visvim christos

hmwut

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Finally got around to taking pictures of all my shoes. Album is here: http://imgur.com/a/ybhQp

Here's the group shot:

IsaiahSchafer

Postby exprof » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:30 pm

90% of my current shoes.. ideally I'd like to add a pair of tricker's boots and brogues.

exprof

Postby stappard_ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 pm

About a year ago I tried to start thinking more 'curatorially' about my wardrobe, and because this is the way my brain works, I made a spreadsheet detailing the clothes I own. It worked in the first instance because I immediately started identifying items that had sat in wardrobe/drawers for a long time and I could see once I had everything in front of me, that they obviously weren't fitting in with where my tastes were moving.

But then it all went a bit wrong when I started looking at the spreadsheet and seeing gaps. "Why don't I have a white button down shirt? Why don't I have an overshirt?" and so on. I'd fill the gaps before realising that I hadn't previously considered them because I didn't really like them until I felt compelled to 'complete' my wardrobe.

So the spreadsheet is gone. My tastes are mature enough (in the sense that I'm not suddenly going to declare myself a ninja whatever) and my buying habits controlled enough that I feel confident in buying items as and when I see fit that fit more naturally with my subconscious ability to direct my wardrobe without filling artificial gaps like I'm working through a GQ 'must-haves' checklist or something.

stappard_

Postby oucho » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:15 pm

curating is a hobby, creating is much cooler

I don't have enough money to have a wardrobe, I just have a few items that I like, I don't even want a wardrobe right now I change my mind about too many things too often and I'm only 22, but mainly money, sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even be interested in fashion because it's expensive, the idea of saving up to spend money I don't have on an industry that excludes me seems really lame

oucho

Postby anonomous » Fri May 02, 2014 11:24 am

Relevant (smiling). What you said is very true though.

anonomous

Postby Blastoise » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Starting at top left: Vans, Vans, GH Bass (work shoes), Clarks, Clarks, Nike, Converse, Warrior, Superga

Favorite pair: Clarks Drille Modes (second pair of Clarks, center). Next: Dr. Martens 1461 Mono (black)

Really satisfied and content with what I have right now. Not pictured is a pair of New Balance x Herschel Supply 420s in burgundy that I'm planning to sell (size 9.5).

Blastoise

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:24 pm

After years and years of inhaling my warbrobe is set to exhale enormously and I want to only have 'the best' example of a thing and not loads of versions. Me and Katy are always searching and seeking and she's really good at editing her stuff and I'm awful.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Yeah but what about white sneaks though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thatbiglake » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:43 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby bouquet » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Really impressed that you're following through with the whole capsule wardrobe thing. Sorry if you mentioned it somewhere and I just didn't see it, but do you have a specific reason for wanting to do it?

bouquet

Postby thatbiglake » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:58 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby JewTurk » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:05 pm

I definitely need to do something akin to this. I did the MFA month long thing and looking at what I wore in retrospect helped me see what I actually like/don't like so I feel like for my last year of high school I'll be able to really nail down what I want.

JewTurk

Postby JewTurk » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Shoes (as of now)

Toms/thrift/clarks/yuketen/vans/vans/vans/quoddy

Not pictured are my vans all black slip ons and my all black converse. I wear them for work as its part of dress code so I have a lot of all black colorway shoes.

I'm definitely getting on more pair of shoes before school starts I just need to figure out what it's going to be. Boots in Arizona don't make any sense so I'm avoiding boots, might get some all white chuck taylors and see how those look beat to shit.

I'm "finished" getting jeans after I get my Oni's and my BOM008s. In total I'll have 5 pairs of jeans in my rotation at a time, two of them being season wears.

PS

I GOT THE FURNITURE THING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND ITS PERFECT

JewTurk

Postby maj » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:56 am

maj

Postby bels » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:20 pm

mc-lunar

Postby hirokinakamura » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:17 am

Zach's Curious Collection of Ervell

ss13 navy waterproof parka
fw11 charcoal rubberised cotton bomber jacket

pants

shirts

jersey

aldo x ervell sneakers
fw12 grosgrain hat
red lambskin suede sport cap (one-of-a-kind sample)
fw13 birdseye knit cap

:sweg:

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby germinal » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:14 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby smiles » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Okay, here are my clothes. Mostly did this as a way to take stock and make clear what I should stop buying. You all can help because if i say I'm going to buy some jeans tell me "no"

My shoes:

Very happy with my shoes. No need to buy anything else really. Missing a more formal option but at this stage it is of no consequence

My pants:

Downsides: too many jeans... I'll be receiving story jeans in addition to this. All of these fabrics are cotton blends. Could use some wool trews. I like the color range with what I have though.

My shorts:

all fine.

My Shirts:

I'd like to branch out a bit and get some more in different textures/fabrics and colors but what I have now is pretty good.

My t-shirts

no complaints

My midlayers

I would say lacking in knits.

My outerwear

These two are excellent. Only thing I'm looking to add is a rainproof outerwear.

overall, I clearly should stop buying pants (especially jeans), t-shirts, shoes, cotton shirts, sweatshirts, shorts. What I could buy is a wider color/texture variety of shirts, knits, and a rainproof jacket. Overall, I still have too many items of clothing though. It makes moving difficult.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hamburgerlady » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:37 pm

i like this thread a lot, i'll be back to post my lad/etc. collection soon.
always great reads and interesting perspectives on others wardrobes; especially all at once in photo form.

hamburgerlady

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:01 am

mc-lunar

Postby can- » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:32 am

u have nice shoes

can-

Postby Ques » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:43 pm

had a lot of free time on my hands today so thought i'd do a state of my wardrobe post thing

thoughts: it feels like i have a lot of clothes when i do this, but in practice i don't feel like i own that many. i feel like my shoes don't really get even wear, since sandals are so easy to throw on. i really like all of my our legacy pieces, and i think i'm going to try to buy more of their stuff in the future. specifically, one of their runner shoes, and that floral wool long coat, since i don't like it when my butt gets cold from sitting on soggy things in the winter. i should probably purge a lot of my knits since i have too many to give them all regular wear. also some of my jackets seem superfluous since all i want to wear is my platinum windbreaker 24/7, yet i also really want a white bomber jacket for winter. i just have too many light-weight jackets. ALSO, i need to stop buying crazy printed shirts and buy some basics at some point, since i don't like my only blue shirt and I don't even own a white long sleeve shirt. but for now i'd say i'm pretty content with everything. (smiling)

Ques

Postby bels » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Campus 80s are niiiiiiiice

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Your girlfriend says it's time to sell
But everything it fits so well

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Ques » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:17 pm

i was waiting till i got the cardi till i posted deet pics, but then i decided that i should save the cardi for waywt. anyway, i went the full 9 yards and took some #detail shots of my favorite pieces for y'all, p.s.: i liked the sticker:

deets:

then i decided to document my hat collection:

at this point i was on a roll and documented my aesop, succulent, endless summer merchandise, and books that i'm currently reading collections

i know this probably isn't the right thread for most of this, but we don't really have a curation thread for non-tags items, and i don't know if there's really a need for one either

Ques

Postby yubbermax » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Current footwear rotation. Back left are mono Docs if you can't tell.

I'm thinking about selling the Sauconys as I don't really wear them too much. I think my next pick up will be a black derby of some sort. I'm looking for something fairly cheap to tide me over until I can get some baller derbs.

yubbermax

PreviousNext

Return to Tags