[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Future Is Curatorial

The Future Is Curatorial

Clothes

The Future Is Curatorial

Postby bels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:04 pm

I'd like a thread about clothes you own. Something like a contentedness thread, but with a bit of wardrobe analysis too.

I'd like to avoid "what should I buy next?" type questions (they can go in ) and instead focus on questions like "What can I get rid of?" and "What can I re purpose?"

bels
Yung Winona

Re: The Future Is Curatorial

Postby bels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Personally quite excited to get this jacket out of the wardrobe for winter.

One of my most favourite purchases ever.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 pm

where can i buy the bela bartok action figure

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Disappointed to start dressing for rain again after enjoying wearing light jackets and cardigans as outwear freely.

The Universal Works jacket I picked up last year has been a blinder of a piece to have. I throw it on constantly and don't baby it at all, the more wrinkles and wear it gets the more fun it becomes. Great in warmish weather and in coldish weather, throat button protects nicely against the elements even though it's only cotton and it's very comfy/slouchy. Really happy to have it in my wardrobe.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Are you blurring more and more of your face.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Really excited to wear this blurry stuff.

RycePooding

Postby germinal » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:38 pm

funny how you buy a piece but it doesn't really come into its own until a year or two has passed

been wearing my +J chesterfield a lot lately

germinal
Garminlad

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 pm

i think we need some photography #realtalk

schiaparelli

Postby RycePooding » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 pm

but its germinal...

RycePooding

Postby maj » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:06 pm

looks like this is a job for the professionals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uoM5kfZIQ0

maj

Postby odradek » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:45 pm

was thinking about my curation of stuff; there're still things i want but i have more than i can wear and i'm really happy with almost everything i own anyway. took some pictures in an effort to put pictures to my "curation."
From top left, clockwise:
sweaters
club monaco, vintage, undercover, WvG, WvG, undercover

should maybe go through wool pants (gray) and wool pants (blue) and pants (patterned but that's more work than i want to do right now. i guess i should do graphic tees and non-plain socks, too, maybe.

odradek

Postby odradek » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:24 pm

Curated, part shoes

sneakers
vans, nike, johnUndercover, adidas x united arrows, nike, undercover, vans, undercover

should sell the adidas, they feel grandpa on me, and i need to replace the sk8 his with ones that are actually my size and the authentics with ones that don't have holes right through the sole.

odradek

Postby bels » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:47 pm

I'll admit I'm surprised you want brown ptbs in this collection

bels
Yung Winona

Postby charybdis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:56 pm

1. Schia needs to post about the HL jacket of her dreams

2. Let's do a general roundup of what you purchased in the past 3 months. Are you satisfied with what you bought? Regrets? Lessons learned?

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby thug » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:30 pm

odradek: what's the difference between those undercover chucks and regular converse ones

thug

Postby bels » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:40 am

On holiday and have been thinking a lot about clothes, no cops, budgets and curatorial end games. Found this pic on my phone of myself wearing an outfit that has basically become a uniform for me and that I'm very pleased with and don't really feel the need to mess with very much. I think I corps probably do with maybe another blazer to avoid overuse but I think my wardrobe has got to a nice place with black jeans and white v necks as the central component. It sounds insane to act like that is any sort of a break through but getting the rest of my wardrobe to a point where it interfaces well with that central core has taken a while.

I think possibly the only question I still need to answer is what do I replace hoodies with when I want to wear trainers but don't want to feel like I'm dressed like a teenager. A Cardigan is the obvious answer and I think I probably need to find one or two that work with my build.

I think I would like to try to go a year without buying clothes but I think it will take until summer sales 2014 before I can try that.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 am

All my posts written on my phone make me sound illiterate

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:30 pm

http://imgur.com/a/bTm9z

i have been taking a wiwt pic as i left the house for a month (work days excluded even though the burgundy polo is fetch) in order to have a visual version of what my wardrobe can do and where i would like it to go. has been fun.

conclusions:

i have enough shoes, i barely wear half of them so at this point it will be more replace as they break.

i have sufficient outwear, however i'd like another option for spring away from gore as that just gets sweaty.

my jeans are a bit shite for half my wardrobe, looser ones could be nice somewhere down the line

maj

Postby can- » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:32 am

maj you wear those geos very well.

this isn't a novel opinion but I think the black jeans work much better w the rest of yur gear than those unbrandeds. both fit really well

can-

Postby RycePooding » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Maj- your length makes so much look good on you, you look great.

When I took a pic of every outfit for a month I got really really frustrated and sold most everything.

RycePooding

Postby bels » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:58 am

Everything in this pic is over a year old and I love it all.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby wax » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:38 am

this is my suitcase wardrobe for six months overseas. no pictures (yet). this is pretty much the core of my wardrobe clothing-wise anyway, but I'm leaving about 5 pairs of (pretty frequently worn) shoes behind ;_;

I think I've got more shirts and t-shirts than I'll need, but I don't know what to cut and I have the space to spare anyway.

I had this thing happen a few months ago where I stopped connecting to the idea of having gaps in my wardrobe. not so much there not being gaps, I just kind of changed how I look at what clothes I have, I don't really think "oh I need x item" anymore. That means I mostly just impulse buy random stuff, which seems to be the opposite of what other kids on ct are doing. I think a lot of my favorite items have been unplanned purchases.

wax

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:29 am

Once I move the brown tank I've got in BST I'll own only white, grey, black, and blue tops and I couldn't be happier. I'll try to take some pics at some point but I'm down to ~15 and soon to be less tops and only 5 pants I regularly wear including sweats. I've never made it a goal to have a small or *minimalist* wardrobe, but it's happening without direct intent. There are certain pieces that I love and constantly wear and my attachment to them makes all my other compromises and concessions seem so much less worth keeping. No clue if that's good/bad/healthy. Is this sacrificial perfectionism or is it the chase of an ideal? Anyone gone through this?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby birdman caw » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:36 am

maybe not exactly what this thread is about but if you haven't read

http://www.styleforum.net/t/303455/the- ... ess-thread

you probably should

birdman caw

Postby deadkitty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:10 am

very happy with my shoe collection at the moment

deadkitty

Postby germinal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:50 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:45 pm

One of these jumpers is from Primark. But which one? Can you guess the rest?

Answers:

germinal
Garminlad

Postby tomsfood » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:41 am

My shoes:

I've essentially worn three pairs of shoes all winter and I love it. I got the Red Wings about six months ago and probably wear them 2 days a week, are really great for this shitty winter we've been having, they feel indestructible. Love the wedge sole. The white lows are a recent outlet pickup that I've only worn twice but I anticipate much more wear come summer and shorts. I was planning on getting stannies right before I found these so they saved me some money. Pegasuses (Pegasi? Pegasus'?) were another outlet grab for cheap that I wear probably one day a week, by far my comfiest shoe and I absolutely love how they look with sloppily cuffed navy cords yum. The all white blazers were the best $14 I ever spent (love nike outlet). Wear them approx. 4 days a week and sometimes I have to remind myself to wear my other shoes. They have worn in beautifully in my opinion (covered in indigo, love it). My only problem with them is that they just won't get dirty; I walk through every mud puddle, snowbank, dog poo I see and they just stay white, honestly frustrates me.

Will probably grab a pair of white vans slip ons soon because tying laces is just way too much work for summer, and I'm toying with the idea of birks, but overall I'm very content with my shoes. :grin:

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby bels » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:33 pm

This Aspesi windbreaker has been sitting in my wardrobe all winter. I bought it last spring after becoming convinced that I needed something like a bomber and deciding this was the perfect solution. I then immediately fell out of love with it the way I do when I spend too much time obsessing over finding the perfect iteration of some staple garment (see: fishtail parkas)

Anyway, the weather has suddenly perked up and I'm finding myself grabbing it constantly now. It's made of a great polycotton blend that feels super soft, is breathable and a little waterproof. All the ribbing feels up to scratch, it's got a double zip so ventilates easily on my bike and if I wear a hoodie under it, it's plenty warm enough for the current weather. It's really great to rediscover it and I'm reminded that it can be worthwhile to hold out until the "Perfect" item comes along.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:16 am

i have three pairs of raf simons ugly trainers

aw 2009

aw 2012

ss 2013

they were all sold as mainline Raf Simons, and although I've heard they were produced by Asics i've never seen any conclusive proof

they're all a bit battered now

These are the ones i want most though (also aw 2009)

i don't think they ever made it into production, i've only ever seen one pair in size 41 on yahoo

germinal
Garminlad

Next

Return to Tags