[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Future Is Curatorial

The Future Is Curatorial

Clothes

Re: The Future Is Curatorial

Postby thatbiglake » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:50 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby bels » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:16 pm

The key thing when you have your wardrobe "In a good place" is not to mess with it unless you really have to. As in don't buy anything because even though it feels like buying some new thing will make it easier to get dressed the added choice just throws all your normal choices out of wack.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:13 pm

you heard the pants

I took a lot of photos of STUFF I OWN (incl. clothes) this past winter with the intent to document everything I owned as a kind of minimalist exercise. I wanted to collect it all on a website and have it say something about something else. It became exhausting and I stopped well before I could do every single thing I owned, and I wasn't sure what to say so they've just sat around on my computer.

Something interesting I notice is that I no longer own several of the clothes in the gallery above (donated or sold). But, there are a lot of non-clothing items that I still have sitting around.

yoyobeat

Postby bels » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:02 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:51 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby stappard_ » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:55 pm

I Worked from Home Today or: I Spent All Day Making a Shoe Rack out of a Big John Lewis Box

stappard_

Postby bels » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Casual shoes collection

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:26 pm

I read that book you posted above. Pretty good advice in there. and worth trying I think. Might do it on Sunday. Key part is doing your 'de-clutter' in all at once.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:11 am

Trainers collection

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:47 pm

those vans look like theyve been worn once

can-

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:56 pm

thanks for the article. I also picked up her book, about halfway through, and I think the biggest perspective change is the idea of thanking things for the role that they performed in your life, then passing them on. I've cleared out a bunch of shit before with a vengeance once they're no longer useful, but I really prefer the idea of respecting the role that they once played for me, rather than just saying, 'this is trash because i no longer find it useful.'

It's cool how she anthropomorphizes things (maybe because I always liked Redwall/Watership Down growing up as well as other books where animals and objects get anthrop'd). You can laugh at the quote involving leonard koren but i agree with it. It's not healthy to treat people like shit or like they're useless, so treating objects with respect feels good in the same way it feels to treat people with respect.

yoyobeat

Postby maj » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:06 am

world record for number of raeburn jackets worn at once

maj

Postby maj » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:58 am

so me and the tnf have been together over a year now, probably my most worn item out of everything i own. it's showing signs of wear but still has loads of life left and i can see us being very happy together in the future. i think this piece is particularly special as it was bought to replace my uniqlo mountain parka which my sister has since stolen, this lochinver has stayed with me through all my "style progressions" and is probably the only constant thing.

maj

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm retiring two of my most worn and loved pieces, my Wtaps cargos and my Nike Frees.

I wore the hell out of these things. I've had them since 2011 and they were my first proper sneakers and running shoes. These showed me what could be done with a lower-profile sneaker and helped me learn why some things worked and some didn't. I figured out that they looked like butt with jeans but they looked pretty good with sweatpants, and that it was because of the shape of the shoe, the color, the material, the sole. I know this is pretty basic stuff but at the time any kind of understanding was monumental for me.

Wear:

And then there's the pants.

These were my first pair of "fashion" pants in the sense of having some level of design to them. Before I discovered MFA and began actually thinking about clothes, my uniform was a baggy hoody and khaki cargos. I'm sure that played into why I enjoyed these so much. They connected to something that had been in me before I began obsessing over superficialities (not a slight to a hobby I still love, I just had a bad year or two). Purchasing these marked a few turning points for me: it was the first time I bought something from Japan, the first time I bought something from a Japanese designer, and the first time I bought something both used and international.

This is the only decent fit I posted with them and also the only fit I've posted online that I might still wear. Hunting it down was humbling to say the least. I hope to be able to start posting actual fits again soon.

They came to me worn to probably half of their life and still held on for years.

The significance comes to this thread because these are the first items that I am retiring that haven't been because they got too small or I tired of them. I wore them both through their lifespans, and they have been replaced with things that fit the exact shape of the hole they left. This is the first time I've been able to say this, and I'm pretty happy about what that means.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:34 pm

BIGBEE

Postby tomsfood » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:39 pm

but is that gap or g)ap?????

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:44 pm

It's wgaps

BIGBEE

Postby AmericanPie » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:30 am

Shoe collection:

Considering some brown derbies or chunkier black derbies as my next shoe.

AmericanPie

Postby maj » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:51 am

maj

Postby straysheep » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:50 pm

encouraged me to post about my KKA collection here, but it's honestly pretty sparse - not really "collection" in any significant sense. here's a picture of the KKA stuff separated out, couple shirts, leather, shawl collar "stole jacket" thing, a handful of blazers and the hoodcoat. then some other misc stuff like tees, hat and scarf.

I'm really just a nerd who never really outgrew anime, the cure and melodrama, and the last few seasons of KKA has pretty much captured that side of me. stealth cosplay of the teenage delinquent who read a little too much Freude and Lacan for his own good.

Or something. I don't really know what I'm talking about.

straysheep

Postby bels » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Crazy. I always just thought they made zips.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:34 pm

still have yet to take an "archive" of my lad musician collection; will do when i have free time.
always enjoy looking at the collections in this thread.

hamburgerlady

Postby straysheep » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:48 pm

I have my eye on this coat() since I missed it last spring, but not really sure if I'm gonna pick it up. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with what I have for now. I'll take more detailed pictures later when I'm less sleep deprived..

straysheep

Postby bels » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:52 pm

Collection right now looks like you could just throw a bunch of tshirts and a couple hidden placket shirts at it and be done for a long time.

Which is what I aspire to at all times.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 am

the younger brother

aw14 3L primaloft
aw14 hooded overshirt
aw14 flowing camo overshirt
aw14 diagonal fleece
ss14 dazzle camo sweatshirt
RE-T one wash
navy polo

maj

Postby sknss » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:24 am

Did you take these pictures naked?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:38 am

GODDAMN LOOK AT THOSE COLOURS.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:03 pm

It's cool how heck doesn't actually need that many story items for the storydrobe.

Price of quitting the game for Story very affordable. Just have to produce some stripey tshirts I guess.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mike868y » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:41 pm

another case of someone making me mad that i work in corporate america and can't wear the same garments every day.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby nick » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Pretty sure the entirety of corporate america wears the same blue gingham shirt every day. Where you cant get away is wearing the same silly patterned clothing every day (Which is clearly why my wardrobe is so diverse ;) )

Love seeing the variety of Happy Victims on c-t. Anyone others in the woodwork (Other than OL which I'm sure half the forum is guilty of). I'd share my EG collection but I'm very ashamed of how big it is for being all purchased in the latter half of 2014.

"i should post my gap, inc. brand collection" - can this even be contained in a photograph?

nick
Eminent Eminem

PreviousNext

Return to Tags