[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - OUR LEGACY (no cryptic thread title)

OUR LEGACY (no cryptic thread title)

Clothes

OUR LEGACY (no cryptic thread title)

Postby rublev » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:59 am

not to be a fan boy or anything but i thought it was about time OUR LEGACY had a little corner of c-t

post about ur fave ol items? what is ur ol grail? ol regrets? do u hate ol? what do you want to buy this season? how does the webstore model keep his hair looking so nice? will jockum ever make the forbes list? etc etc

Last edited by rublev on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
rublev
Political Editor

Re: OUR LEGACY (no cryptic thread title)

Postby rublev » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:15 am

SPLASH collection drops tomorrow morning

rublev
Political Editor

Postby posh_somme » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:25 am

jeff goldblum peeping that OL shirt quality

posh_somme

Postby fountainstairs » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:05 am

shorts looking like boxers. a true must have.

fountainstairs

Postby can- » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:07 am

whos got the raw silk?? hows it wear?

can-

Postby tobias » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:57 am

AW14 Light was fantastic.

tobias

Postby bels » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Is OL the greatest boringwear scandiland has to offer or is Acne superior.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:09 pm

i think ol have almost shaken off the boring tag. i mean they still do the basic shirts and sweats but now i think there are too many interesting shapes and fabrics etc for people to complain (no fuk forum). imo they're overall more interesting, better priced and just more fun than acne.

some of my fave texture highlights from this season

rublev
Political Editor

Postby RycePooding » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Our Legacy tee shirt is as close to the perfect tee shirt there is. Most of their tops fit too damn small for me (octopus jacket, still crying over that one) but own ~5 pairs of pants that I've gotten off yooooooooooxXx for like 40 bucks a pair and they're great pants to make me feel cool at work.

RycePooding

Postby prawnzee » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:59 pm

to me OL is so much better than acne. OL is more "me" than acne, or maybe more "me" than anything else really

that, or I'm still pissed off at acne for max cashes. they're shit. why the hype, when even cos makes better jeans at 1/3 the price?

why am I still going on about acne in my new favorite thread though? I don't know, fuck acne anyway

I have 5 shirts and a pair of shoes, and bought cool trousers once, but revolve sent me a pair of quicksilver board shorts instead. KEK. I want more OL stuffs but it's kinda tough right now

raw silk is nice

I love the flower coat too, maybe I'll get it someday

and now I'm getting sad that I didn't buy that smile sweat from disby.. rips

free writing is wank as well

I'll post here more at a later time, but now I'm watching david hasselhoff show. heyo!

prawnzee

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Been waiting on this thread

I have the raw silk shirt in red from last season, the shirts this season seem to be exactly the same but in different colours. I'm glad I got this one though, the rich colour looks good with a lot of stuff I have, it can also make a nice accent in an otherwise pale SS fit.

The material is 90% of the reason I copped this, when browsing in the END store I was running my hands down the OL rack and this shirt stuck out to me. It's pretty slubby and pilly but it has a very soft hand feel and drapes better than anything else I have while still being somewhat weighty. It makes for a nice substitute to a jacket as an outer layer over a tee or another shirt on warmer days if you can deal with the reduced pocket storage. I enjoy wearing it like that unbuttoned so it can blow and billow in the breeze. The cut in general is pretty long, especially on the tail, meaning it will cover most of your bum, the sleeves are slightly longer than normal too, making for some nice pooling above the wrist.

With it being silk I take a bit more care with it than other shirts, I generally only wash it on its own in a silk cycle or by hand. after drying it stiffens up loads but eventually goes back to its usual feel after hanging for a while. Also after the first wash it wasn't quite as pilly and hairy looking as when I first bought it but its texture is still lovely.

fit pic:

This is the Our Legacy center so I'll post my other piece as well for completeness, the rainbow jacket. I initially wasn't even interested in this one, I only put it into my END order to up the price and get free shipping, in the end I returned both the other items and kept this one after some deliberation because I decided it was totally rad. I've started to baby it less now which is nice, it makes for a cool piece to wear to parties or when going out. It also looks fantastic in sunlight, great SS light outer layer, although the denim is kind of heavy so it's not the lightest.

fit pic:

DeafIdiotGod

Postby longjumps » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:12 pm

everyone's favorite

longjumps

Postby stappard_ » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:15 pm

I wore OL to work today

i have 20+ things from them which is a bit shocking now i think about it

stappard_

Postby _str » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:32 pm

I have a reversible sweatshirt from a couple years ago. One side is a normal pocket sweatshirt. The reverse side has no pocket but the texture is cool, it's really rough and kind of hairy. Fits a little boxy with wide shoulders which is also cool.

more:

_str

Postby jamesaanderson » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:09 pm

What's the fit like with OL? I'm considering getting one of their linen s/s jackets but not sure whether to get s or xs.

jamesaanderson

Postby Ques » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:14 pm

their sizing isn't very consistent. jackets i usually size up, as the hoods can be really small as well as the shoulders. for shirting i usually go TTS, but for the jumbo shirts, you could size down if you wanted. for the sweats and other knits i've always sized up, but then my grapefruit sweater was way too fucking big so maybe don't size up on the linen stuff, maybe even size down? i tried on some of the SS 15 jackets in store and they were TTS though. i'll try to post some pics later

Ques

Postby oucho » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:39 am

I've got a couple of OL pieces, the terry shirt and a pair of cotton/silk trousers. I got interested in the brand when I saw some of their stuff in Liberty, they do so many nice and interesting fabrics, you really need to see it in person. The trousers I've got are my go to boys at the moment, pretty much wear them all the time, nice fabric, pretty classical fit. The shirt is quite a fun piece and fits really nicely on me. OL just seem to do decent fairly classical silhouettes in fun and interesting fabrics.

I remember someone saying something about OL along the lines of: it's not as interesting as high fashion, what's the point of a mid range brand like this? But that's a bit like saying 'Let them eat cake'. High fashion isn't suitable for all ways of living or depth of wallets. I definitely think we're seeing the rise of the interesting mid range brand at the moment.

I don't like their prints at all though, I feel like they're trying to be a bit quirky but wearable with them but I just find them to exist in an ultra boring and pointless middle zone which never looks good. I guess that's what the other guy was saying about them too.

oucho

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:54 pm

SS13 - Smile was pretty on point

The suede rider is gorgeous and the bomber with the tiger embroidery on the back has an allure to it despite its Drive scorpion jacket feel.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby rublev » Fri May 01, 2015 2:22 pm

anyone get anything from splash?

also, here's the toxic watercolour shimmer hazard parka thing on ebay in a small, 4 days left and only

rublev
Political Editor

Postby ecco » Sat May 16, 2015 2:43 pm

What are some of the stand out materials used for the relaxed trousers the past few seasons?

ecco

Postby rublev » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:24 pm

quit the game but still time to give a nod to the OL gang for stepping up... perhaps OL is the final embodiment of 'not quite quit'. the glow of those unwilling to cut all ties. to not just shut the door but bolt it and run. a rung on a ladder. the low haze that sits just above water. a gap not removed entirely from where it came. perpetual indifference. sometimes i feel like jockum quit the game a long time ago. OL representing something more like atonement. i'm ready, i'm here... take this, take me, but allow one final tie dye terry cloth smock hand crushed in portugal. but it's unassuming. it's 40% off in the sale. it could be from anywhere. it's reversible. it's quiet, at least for those who expect something more from you. it's not interested but sits on the periphery. durable and restrained. you can leave it alone. don't think about it.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby SexTagsMania » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Untouchable brand for which I have an unquenchable thirst

SexTagsMania

Postby SexTagsMania » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:46 pm

also buzzing for ss16

SexTagsMania

Postby trasparenti » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:22 am

OL reminds me of Yaeca in that the fabric is a real crucial part of appreciating the brand

usually i don't care too much for the brand but I handled either this shirt or a shirt like it recently: http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall ... rp=product

I wasnt blown away but I was fairly impressed. Like the runway looks above, loose pants are definitely the best way to wear the brand imo. plus I think last season they came out with a really excellent sneaker:

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby jujumaster » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:04 pm

OL is quite goat tbh

jujumaster

Postby Wopster » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Easily one of my favorite brands atm!

Wopster

Postby SexTagsMania » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Jockum's missus is on another planet

SexTagsMania

Postby bels » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:35 pm

what?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Still sad that I missed out on the tyvek bomber from a couple of seasons ago. Such a great piece.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby rublev » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:19 pm

OL hits 60% off...

still some good buys. wish i'd got got that washed blue mac. full size run an hours ago... all gone now :(

rublev
Political Editor

Next

Return to Tags