[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: Opportunity Costs

Postby omgimacarrot » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Bought for $138 down from $230. Last purchase till I go to San Fran where I'll probably buy out Uniqlo.

omgimacarrot

Postby starfox64 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:44 pm

how many users on this site have that shirt?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby deadkitty » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:09 am

been thinking about getting these pants for a while, but I was wondering whether or not it would be worth it to spend the extra $100 or so on these:

what do you guys think?

deadkitty

Postby Ques » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:54 am

black

or

oxblood

or other?

Ques

Postby bels » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:06 am

I think oxblood is really cool and a bit more "versatile"

It also helps me not look like a random office worker who doesn't know any better when I wear them with black trousers.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ptozzi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Trying to get my basics for footwear covered. Just got some sk8 his for 48 bucks.

Next are plain white sneakers. It's between AF1's and waiting for the Stan Smith re-release. I'm leaning towards the AF1's after seeing the W(shoe)AYWT thread plus that would eliminate the need to wait.

ptozzi

Postby RycePooding » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:33 pm

af1s all day

RycePooding

Postby ramseames » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Boxing day rundown; Sales were pretty good, seemed like not very many people were spending money though. Lineup to get into Haven took 45 min, but I swear I only saw 5 guys leave with bags the entire time. Roden gray didn't limit their numbers so it was a fucking mess inside, but again, didn't see more than one or two people actually buy anything.

Things I got: Maiden Noir for Havenshop service chino II for $74 CAD instead of $245, Homespun Knitwear dual faced ss thermal for $37.50 instead of $75, and these charcoal Lafayette shorts with waterproof zips for $85 instead of $170 that I can't seem to find a stock photo of anywhere.

ramseames

Postby omgimacarrot » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:51 pm

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=4319
fuck...chore coat is on sale too both in my size...

omgimacarrot

Postby spicedreams » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Realized that I gave away pretty much all my warm clothing back in Iowa so decided to break my cop-freeze

spicedreams

Postby omgimacarrot » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:47 pm

So I have $200 in J.Crew gift cards when I specifically told my family that I don't shop there anymore. I'm deciding between new OCBDs because I grew out of all my others or these because I need to up my boot game and have been searching for suede boots.

omgimacarrot

Postby smiles » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:36 pm

those boots are nice.

I got a gift card to jcrew as well. I got a pullover zip fleece jacket thing. It's pretty nice. I can't bring myself to get anything but uniqlo ocbds.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby omgimacarrot » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:03 pm

omgimacarrot

Postby smiles » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:24 pm

i've no idea. one usually sizes down for boots

sounds like a question that "my mum" could answer.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby kyung » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:30 am

worked over christmas holiday so i thought i would get myself something

grabbed this for half off at ssense

and this +j jacket off of ebay :woop:

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Mippipopolous » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:35 am

Oh hey, I got a J.Crew gift card too haha. I just picked up some greyish shirt, pretty soft and fits alright. There was a Schneider shirt in my size I really wanted on StyleForum, but it got scooped up before I had the money for it. It was this really nice looking wool check one, pretty bummed I missed it.

Mippipopolous

Postby maj » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:11 pm

camera has packed up so will break my rule of no stock photos to tell you of my experience with raf x fred.

raf is cool to me because he has great colours and cuts, his silhouettes are some of the best and bang on that modern/slim look which i like, however his pieces never had a spot in my wardrobe. i remember scrolling through his s/s fp collab of this year thinking it was cool but i was still in the "monozone" so could only buy discount silent and docs, but over the last few months or so i have been looking at the fp site occasionally looking for the perfect polo to have some British heritage in my wardrobe always peeping at the raf ones but not being able to justify it. then sale season swung around and they started giving them away at regular fp so i thought now's the time to get some branding on my nipple. when i ordered them i was expecting something slightly above topman but was pleasantly surprised, all the buttons are embossed with the fp reef as well as there being two different types, the care tag is a raf tag imposed with the reef, it has 2 front darts to keep the body fitted, the cut itself is longer and it doesn't even have shitty paper tags! made in Portugal is nice too. i wore it to an nye party with some black jeans and cp mids and it looks v nice.

after pulling a few extra days of over time i didn't expect to be doing and getting through my ny day shift on 3.5 hours sleep icaved and bought this too

i've been looking for a rugby type shirt for a while but what i really wanted was one of these normal button downs with ribbed cuffs like you see soph putting out but i couldn't justify the price. when this presented itself with its price it was too good to be true, the multi coulour dog tooth is a lovely touch. will wear it with 2 butttons undone in the same way i did the polo.

i'm not sure how much 'involved' raf actually is with this collab but it definitely feels like his work, even if it was done by some interns or fp looking through his back catalog. fp and raf seems like a natural combo for that teen angst theme both carry and is one of the main reasons i like raf. the lookbooks are incredible

http://www.rafsimons.com/collections/ra ... rry/aw-13/

i also got a raeburn polo in the post which is pretty nifty.

maj

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:39 am

I love those raf x fred perry polos. Except apparently you're not supposed to tumble dry them so one of mine shrunk up quite a bit.

thomaspaine

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:08 pm

I bought this cashmere Black Fleece blanket because you know, what the hell. Such a stupid purchase but i couldn't resist. I spend most of my time at home underneath various throw blankets so they might as well be nice.

The SA asked me if i traveled a lot, because in new york you can wear the blanket around like a shawl. Teckneaks has confirmed that this is indeed true.

My cats seem to enjoy it:

thomaspaine

Postby can- » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:44 pm

my god dude get those cats off the blanket. they are gonna shed all over that shit

can-

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

i caved and finally bought into the "nb-retro-trainer-silhouette" thing but i won't be able to wear these till it gets less FUCKING COLD.

last pair in my size in Canada, fuck yeah.

now i just want some skinny pants that'll stack. maybe apcs

mc-lunar

Postby Ques » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Found this at Topshop and found myself taking a liking to it.

I didn't look twice at it on the , but I liked it in person.

Thought it would be fun with black jeans and creepers.

Ques

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Indeed looks much better on you than on the website, looks nice.

Syeknom

Postby omgimacarrot » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Just purchased an Apolis chore coat from [url]grailed.com[/url]. Really pumped to wear it. Grailed is an awesome website and really fits a niche that has been needed to be filled.
Unfortunately, this is my first time buying from someone else, so hopefully I don't get screwed over.

omgimacarrot

Postby yourdad » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:14 am

picked up the reigning champ x gastown fc parka for 50% off.

it was definitely an impulse buy because i hadn't planned on going in. my gf wanted to check out the store after two previous attempts to visit the store but it being closed for whatever reason. i was looking through the racks and found the last one in my size. tried it on and it fit quite well. i'll have to throw up a fit pic some time soon. it's probably going to be my main jacket for rainy days that aren't cold enough to warrant something heavier. the material is a 60/40 cotton/poly blend which feels pretty cool. i'm just not sure how i feel about the front pockets though. zipped up, it looks like they're just large pockets but when unzipped, there are two smaller pockets in the upper half. they're formed by sewing the pocket lining together about halfway down the zip, creating two compartments. i like it because this means more pockets which is something i've enjoyed, especially coming from wearing mainly EG jackets. what i don't really like is that you can't really access the lower pockets without having the contents of the upper pockets exposed, potentially falling out. i think it would have been alright if they were sewn at a downward angle to keep your things in. since it's not, i don't think i'll be keeping much, if anything, in the upper pockets.

i'm still not 100% sure why i bought it though. i'm exactly sure how i'm going to integrate it into my fits. i'm thinking just a sweatshirt, black jeans, and maybe pick up a pair of slvr concepts in b/w. if anyone has any sugggestions, i'm all ears

yourdad

Postby hunnish » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Beirendonck necklace came in

hunnish

Postby deadkitty » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:40 am

heckawheel: are a good alternative

deadkitty

Postby spahdfgo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 am

Got this wool and cashmere APC sweater, very comfy. Got it at 50% off, down from 265€

spahdfgo

Postby teck » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 am

Got this Siki Im Tunic off SF.

its a bit too slim tho, in the hips. gf and i got into a bit of a spat about it because shes not a fan of my egg/manskirt look as is. thinking of altering it but we'll see.

teck

Postby thug » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:43 pm

hmm

thug

PreviousNext

Return to Tags