[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: Opportunity Costs

Postby ramseames » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 am

I copped. UE bomber was in consignment store right next to supreme but it was bnwt and 13440 yen (like $128 USD), so I pretty much had to.

I regret buying the bape tee on the basis that their retail experience/store policies are so backwards that they don't deserve my money, but since part of those policies include no returns/exchanges of any kind I'm stuck with it. Which is fine really, I do like how it looks.

ramseames

Postby midvh » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm

another unplanned purchase

I don't think I'll regret it tho

midvh

Postby parastexis » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:05 pm

been thinking about this

parastexis

Postby Runningshoes » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:45 pm

bought this off sufu today. I go to school in LA and fuck wearing anything but shorts for 2/3 of the school year

Runningshoes

Postby rjbman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:13 am

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby smiles » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:41 am

From a practical standpoint, these kind of pictures allow you to see the whole item in its entirety with room for details. Has to be a shot you took though and not just a stock photo.

'Should I buy'' questions should (hopefully) have a stock photo.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:23 am

My cheap-ass black dress belt finally snapped in two much to my annoyance. Was hoping to indefinitely put off replacing it. Every time I look at decent belts apathy washes over me and I simply can't muster up the enthusiasm for paying ~€100 for something as dull as a belt. Also it seems like so much hassle to do online. Maybe I should just go to C&J and buy one and get it over with.

Anyone got any thoughts? I don't care greatly about baller leather but I want something that will last the course.

Not buying from north america so get out of here with your usual suspects innit.

Syeknom

Postby verilyvert » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:23 am

Would you consider making your own belt? You can get a quality belt this way for a fraction of the retail cost. The process is pretty straightforward even if you know little to nothing about leather crafting (like me), and is a fun project to undertake. There were a couple guides on MFA about this, but if I were you I would probably just in Brussels to get started.

If this doesn't interest you, then I'm afraid you may have to end up paying retail. Baller leathers aside, some form of full grain leather is really the only thing that lasts. Still, there is nothing wrong with getting cheaper polyurethane blended belts (think patent or genuine leather) as long as you're willing to replace them every couple years.

verilyvert

Postby bels » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:24 am

Anderson. Equus.

Belts are the least hassle to get online cosco.

Otherwise Yoox or slappadabassmon

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:51 pm

This has my interest but it's one of those pieces I'd really need to see in person to know whether i'd actually like it or not.

66% Polyester, 22% cotton, 12% rayon

Certainly looks fun

Syeknom

Postby saniityhd » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:41 am

This might be a little bit off-topic here. Really didnt know where to put it.
But I can proxy a Visvim Artifact jacket ( green ) in size 3, if it is still avilable, for 30% off. Originally costs 950USD and is now avilable for 660-670ish.
If anyone is interested contact me. I live in Sweden, so of course the shipping is a little bit higher, suppose it will cost 150SEK ( 23USD ) within Europe and 180SEK ( 28USD ) to get it shipped worldwide, outside of Europe that is.
I dont have the money for the jacket right now, but it is the first time I think I have seen Vis on sale, so send me a message if you want it!

Not my picture, just to give you a picture of how it looks!

Thanks

Last edited by saniityhd on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.grailed.com/users/18-ruben/wardrobe - in desperate need to get these items sold. Bedwin, Stone Island, COS etc
saniityhd

Postby saniityhd » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:54 am

Bought this yesterday

Nanamica soft shell cap

Reebok x Palace Vulc Workout in white

http://www.grailed.com/users/18-ruben/wardrobe - in desperate need to get these items sold. Bedwin, Stone Island, COS etc
saniityhd

Postby germinal » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:24 am

negging bc this isn't a recent purchases thread & stock pics are lame. post in waywt (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8) or shoewaywt (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154) or in the nanamica ss14 thread (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=344) or in the windows 95 school of design thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=269) when you receive them, maybe

e: or the hat thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=242) or the trainers thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128)

germinal
Garminlad

Postby saniityhd » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:28 am

saniityhd

Postby germinal » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:46 am

then use the power of the written word x ms paint like maj (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=271&p=14170#p14170)

germinal
Garminlad

Postby saniityhd » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 am

Nah, Ill post a fit later on I suppose. Thanks for the tip though. Didnt notice the earlier post about people not wanting to see recent purchases, but rather fitpics.

saniityhd

Postby trav » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:49 am

kinda feel like the policing in this thread is making it worse than the occasional posting outside of the thread's intent

trav

Postby maj » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:10 pm

sorry to talk meta but it wouldn't fit in a rep comment.

prompting people to post in relevant threads creates varied content, rather than having the traditional thread set of "waywt, recent cop, find me, gd" the trap that every other forum falls into, encouraging people to actively participate in all areas of the forum as a whole and in turn broadening the horizons/ knowledge in ways you would otherwise overlook. the thread was also started as a place to discuss the possibility of buying something, rather than showing what you bought. that said i have no issues with people posting product links and discussing about them as product shots achieve very little, but at that point you might as well post in a relevant thread.

maj

Postby spahdfgo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Thinking of picking these up, thoughts ?

spahdfgo

Postby ramseames » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:46 am

Been wanting this all season, told myself I'd wait until end of season like I did with my olive balmacaan from them and get it on the cheap, and now its here and still in my size (50) I'm not copping. I don't really know why.

ramseames

Postby charybdis » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:19 am

Told myself I was getting a winter coat but bought this HL parka instead.

Is it bad that I really want this sweatshirt.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby sid3000 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 am

Grats on the jacket, looks great. Opt for a "extremely" sweatshirt instead as it's more appropriate for your roots.

sid3000

Postby bels » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:21 am

Decided Germ's ToJ is probably too long (thanks for letting me work that out and not just taking my money Germ) so the question that isn't important but I need to answer is:

Band collar double rider or Minimalist double rider

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CleanThug » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Worried that I'll look like a walking billboard wearing this with my tnf shell

Really like the design though

CleanThug

Postby Syeknom » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:50 am

Shit, I really want this but don't want to spend more money this month.

Syeknom

Postby swatfishy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:46 pm

a pair of acne jawns (max stay cash) or this tad hoodie

my colder weather pants wardrobe will probably be complete with the jeans but i really want a nice black hoodie. i could just get an hm hoodie in the meantime but i'm generally turned off by cheap crap.

swatfishy

Postby Syeknom » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Need to stop looking at this stuff

Syeknom

Postby rjbman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:28 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby nick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:50 am

souped up jogging pants are definitely trendy but I can't help but want a pair. i'll have to try some on and see how it looks.

these look nice. also would try something from a to see if it could get the job done, though the leg openings seem to be more athletic on those and they have those awful gussets that so many of the cheap urban outfitters/karmaloop/etc brands have. (why???)

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 am

Are you talking about the crotch gusset? I love crotch gussets.

Publish is an underrated brand, quality is nothing out of this world but they make some cool stuff.

thomaspaine

PreviousNext

Return to Tags