[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: Opportunity Costs

Postby rublev » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:13 pm

I've been trying to fine a nice pair of joggers but it's proved quite hard... just now i'm tucking marks and spencer pj's into my socks which isn't the best look (but from far away looks a bit Yohji). I just need something comfy to throw on when i go shopping / buy coffee!

I've bought and sent back everything so far. I'm hoping for better things with these two.

ImageImage
Brooklyn We Go Hard sweats... i think there's a bit of wool in these.

ImageImage

Scotch and Soda. Shitty brand and the quilting might be a bit Topman... but then i thought they could kinda be Ervell'ish as well?? Think they're like 10% wool.

Both at 60% off still sitting in the sale so i don't feel bad. Embrace free postage and returns!

rublev
Political Editor

Postby maj » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:12 pm

scotch and soda is like ben german, lyle and scott, fred perry, lacoste or maybe a fruity all saints? in the sense that it's not 'bad' but for what you pay you could get something better/cheaper somewhere else on most bits, but it's passable on heavy discounts which nearly all of it goes on because they make it in such huge quantities.as far as design wise it feels a bit overly trendy in the sense that you could find this gear nearly anywhere else on the highstreet let alone having to look designer prices. the brand itself is just really 'eh' and when they're asking you to shell out those prices that's not a good taste in your mouth.

maj

Postby ramseames » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

BWGH is vastly shittier than any run of the mill highstreet brand though

ramseames

Postby rublev » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 pm

I've never owned anything by either before. About Scotch and Soda - i remember seeing some of their stuff in a store and being so confused by the price point. I mean, it's really nothing special, aesthetic, design, construction, fabric etc etc wise, but they charge waaaay more than what seems appropriate. Not really sure what their market is either. Fruity all saints sounds about right even if i'm not sure what that would really look like? All saints have a similar confused price point. The stuff kinda reminds me of GAP x10. Everything i've seen does look very high street, which isn't necessarily bad, but at those prices it probably is. The sweatpants rrp was something like £160 which is totally wft considering what else you can get for that price... even paying forty odd quid for them made me feel a bit wheezy.

And yeah, BWGH are pretty confusing as well. When i first saw them i thought it looked pretty bad. Those sweatshirts with that cringe'y writing etc (also heard construction was awful), so i was surprised when i saw lots of stores stocking them. Voo in Berlin, Next Door in Paris, Hunting and Collecting in Brussels... i mean, these places also stock Kenzo, Marni, Acne etc. What are the roots of the brand?

At this rate i'll be returning both pairs haha hmm :(

rublev
Political Editor

Postby can- » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:00 pm

scotch and soda has similar brand currency to diesel, a+f, hollister etc if you care about that kind of thing (you don't have to)

I dunno anything about bwgh, to me they're indistinguishable from I love ugly-- god awful name but sometimes make really neat things

can-

Postby ramseames » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:55 am

Been thinking about good olive pants for ages and the other day I ended up walking into Mitsukoshi and walked out with these:

They're called cycling pants and they pretty much look like a standard olive 5 pocket pant but they have a bunch of different details that make them way more betterer. Like levis commuters but without DWR crap and with things they don't have and a really nice cut. Paid a little under 20k on sale from 32k and you get the tax off at department stores if you spend over 10k so that helped a bit too.

ramseames

Postby can- » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 am

this OL windbreaker is a total jawn. will definitely scoop on sale

can-

Postby rublev » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Image Image

Yeah, it's really cool. Maybe if i didn't have 0% confidence i'd roll with that but maybe by OL sale time i will feel better (sorry this should go in the sad thread or something).

Good thing is that about 80% of their stock hits the 40% sale in a mostly full size run.

OL is such a weird brand. They have a lot of basics and then some wild shit every now and then. I LOVE some of the weirder stuff they do and i think some of the fabrics they use are brilliant. Out of the euro brands of the similar price range they are by far the most interesting (i'd include ACNE in there). However i'm the wrong body shape to wear it - definitely suits stockier / broad shouldered people, not tall / slim / skinny etc. So they always end up being a brand i get really excited about when stuff drops, but if i buy any of it the fit is always a bit awkward on me. Which is annoying. From what i've seen from this season it's one of their best though, and much better than last summer which was kinda shit.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

boom

rublev
Political Editor

Postby starfox64 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:40 pm

zipper thing on the OL bombers is super weird tho

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby verilyvert » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:52 pm

I've had my eye on the wings+horns fisherman quill shirts ever since they came out. Question is long sleeve or short sleeve with chest pocket?

Pics - haven't been able to try on the long sleeve yet

verilyvert

Postby smiles » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:48 pm

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby thomaspaine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:47 am

Cop list is small but powerful

Dior Homme

Can I justify buying these by selling my allen edmonds park avenues? CP high shine black derbies have also been on my mind and I thought these would be a cool alternative. Maybe too formal though.

Don't need more boots (or shoes at all really) but liked these too

thomaspaine

Postby bels » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:13 am

I feel like I'd rather have the park avenues than the door home.

Boots look cool though

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Best parka is 50% off. Not sure if black is the color I want tho.

RycePooding

Postby can- » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 pm

u won't know until u hold it. can prob resell if hates it.

this prorsum cashmere jawn is heartbreakingly expensive

pictures can't show how amazing this fabric is, never seen cashmere so thick. totally unlined.

got to COS today and was really impressed with the price points and garms. very tasteful mix of acne and alex wang, hard to beat their fabric selection at their prices. should definitely open a store in nyc

can-

Postby rjbman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Really considering a pair of Vans slip ons for the summer, think dyed would be pretty neat. ~$20 + price of shoes.

Anyone else got input?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramseames » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 am

you can buy indigo seeds here:

don't sound too difficult to keep alive and seem like they'd be fun to fuck around with. would be cool to know you did it yourself.

ramseames

Postby dzogchen » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:55 pm

dzogchen

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:30 pm

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... 7457008385

Really want this but I have no money left. Maybe I'll get some birthday money.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby b4my » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:52 am

The ever-present issue of do i buy this relatively expensive but basic thing that i feel like i should own and would tie my fits together overall or do i buy this cool thing that might get snatched up before i get the money together after buying said basic thing.

Too much is the latter is what's preventing me from putting together good outfits I'm pretty sure but buying something that 80% of the fashion internet owns is so much more boring than buying random cool sasquatchfabrix shirts and the like.

b4my

Postby trav » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:06 am

Pretty sure I've copped some second hand Viberg Bobcats and I have my eye on the NB 998s

The hole I want to fill in my wardrobe is shirting but shoes are so much more tempting

trav

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:37 am

Got some white eytys last night at a deeeeep discount. I don't know if I would have bought at full price but I'm glad to get a chance to find out what the hype is about. Feel like if I bought leather ones I'd understand better.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby nick » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:18 am

really really love the colors on this GBV shirt. full price is a bit much to pay considering GBV is a brand you can always get at 40% or more off end of season, but last spring/summer that navy seersucker japanese print shirt never reached sale, so I'm considering picking it up at full price.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby starfox64 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:41 pm

there are a lot of really great gbv floral prints this season. i just wish their cuts weren't kinda garbage.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby odradek » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:42 pm

don't worry, wvg will pick up the same fabrics next year for a fraction of the price

odradek

Postby starfox64 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 pm

yeah but wvg isn't internet cool

starfox64

Postby nick » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm

yes, I did find out about GBV through the internet, but I buy their stuff precisely because of the hip flare, not because of the 'internet cool'.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby can- » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:42 pm

that hip flare tho right??

I buy them a size up because I figure they'll eventually shrink, and if gbv made a shirt in ballistic nylon I would be a really good umbrella for like 3-4 smaller people or children.

can-

Postby nick » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 pm

this is how i felt

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Ampere » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:28 pm

How I wish the Gravity Pope nearby me had this in my size :cry:

Ampere

PreviousNext

Return to Tags