[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: Opportunity Costs

Postby LandslideBaby » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 am

@smrk If you like the look of the Cos ones, go for the ones that "inspired" them.

LandslideBaby

Postby smrk » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 pm

@LandslideBaby Yeah, I mentioned them in the original post and I really like them also, but I kinda think that they might be a bit too flashy for me. Bright shine and golden serial number and all. I'm not sure if I want people staring at my feet all the time :D

On top of that they're pretty much sold out everywhere, but there's a pair on grailed.com which is tempting... ugh.

smrk

Postby Thomnd » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Aitor Throup CP company jacket

Thomnd

Postby nick » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:36 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Spartangy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Dr. Martens Mayer Sneaker-Boot

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/ca ... MENS_SHOES

I need some solid black/dark/versatile sneakers to wear with black/dark jeans and pants. Open to recommendations.

Also, would it be okay to buy those in size 10 when I'm usually 11?

, .
Spartangy

Postby bobo77 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:18 am

No experience with linen. Worth the 30 dollars?

bobo77

Postby kewks » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:21 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so excited. i went to the adidas store originally looking for gazelles in black/white but they don't carry those for women... BUT they just got the stan smiths for women in!!!! for the first time in ages, apparently. the ones for women have this cool snakeskin detail at the ankle and are also textured through the body of the shoe. for awhile there i thought i didn't like these shoes as much as i used to but I LOVE THEM and i am so excited

kewks

Postby Mippipopolous » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Ervell tends to use Red Wing Postmans, yeah? Trying to think of potential alternatives to 'them. Definitely would like CP derbies, but I'd like something with a bit more bulk to them too. These Japan only postmans from Wolverine are so damn good, would prefer brown to black usually, look amazing though.

Mippipopolous

Postby bels » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Have you considered doc martens plain toe derbies.

Maybe check out Padmore and Barnes they have some big stole shoes

bels
Yung Winona

Postby purkinje » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:05 pm

waiting for the postman

in grey

some linen stuff

nbhd zip shirt

NdG jeans if the dude ever checks his grailed

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby RycePooding » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Mmkay guys I need your help.

I'm going to riding my bicycle cross country as some of you know (visiting many of you, hopefully >:-D) and need to sort out my clothing.

Obviously, I get it, function over form for this type of thing. But, clearly clothing is important to me, and while I want practicality I also want to be able to dress myself in a way that I'm comfortable with.

For on the bike I'll be doing normal cycling clothing. Spandex shorts, bike jersey etc etc.

But I also will be bring two or so sets of 'off the bike' clothes because I'll be stopping places and being a tourist etc.

Any recommendations for 'travel clothes' that also are cool? Quick dry, don't smell are light and packable, are all things I want/need in this kind of stuff. Help me out, CT.

RycePooding

Postby bels » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:03 pm

Sounds like a job for merino wool? ot that I've ever worn it but yeah...

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Outliers a good option, you're right. I have the 3 ways (I've had to resew them together twice tho,) that I'll probably bring along, but have heard their shirting is subpar. Anyone have experience? Merino shirts that won't demolish my bank account? 100 for a merino tee seems outrageous to me...

RycePooding

Postby kyung » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:28 pm

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby ramseames » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Icebreaker

ramseames

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:04 pm

This is my current shoe collection.
Vans sk8 hi
Nike Air Pegasus 83
AEO Plimsolls
Nike Roshe
NB 565
Running shoes: Nike Air Pegasus 29
RW 875
CBDs

I'm thinking about adding a pair of and stan smiths or af1s. Any other recommendations or advice. I plan on wearing black shorts/black cropped trousers a lot this summer with a white scoop neck t shirt all summer long. Or just shorts and a tee

RomanEmpire

Postby RycePooding » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm sorry, how did you get past the door with no AF1s?

Seriously though, AF1s would be great on you.

Also all your sneakers look new :o

RycePooding

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Yeah those are the ones on grailed, those are too big though, but there's a ton in my size up on ebay.

Will be gettin af1's for sure. Thoughts on the sandals though, yes or no? I'm upset that they all look so new, plan on hopefully trashing them over the summer.

RomanEmpire

Postby can- » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Love a good light summer pullover jacket

Balenciaga

Martin Keehn reversible

Dries (awful styling)

would kill for one of these nonnative explorer shirts

can-

Postby RycePooding » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Technical shorts? That aren't cotton. Nylon with some stretch would be cool. I love my 3-ways, but the new ways look really awkward in a lot of fit pics I've seen, not sure why really. Lululemon doesn't tell me the damn fabric blends on their stuff, frustrating.

RycePooding

Postby weqe » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 am

Maybe try Swrve's stuff? They're p cycling focused right?

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby trav » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:36 pm

OR

Leaning towards 999 but damn I dunno

trav

Postby Capt » Sat May 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Y's cotton pants

YYPH SS13 Genie pants

I'm torn because both'd fit a warm weather pants role and are roughly similar in price. I'm not sure how great black cotton pants would fair in Texas heat though.

Capt

Postby exprof » Sun May 04, 2014 8:24 pm

The white mountaineering shirt robe thing I've been watching dropped down to 20 bones! :woop: Scooped it up right away.

exprof

Postby navin » Sun May 04, 2014 10:56 pm

my brother bought me this supreme t from ny, its too long in the body but its fits good in the shoulders :'( still going to wear it tho

navin

Postby rjbman » Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby jrisk » Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 pm

jrisk

Postby navin » Sun May 04, 2014 11:22 pm

ive never understood the purpose of this thread either, so i saw people posting their latest purchases here and so i did
sorry

navin

Postby ramdomthought » Mon May 05, 2014 12:17 am

i've been looking for a suit for interviews and stuff

then this shows up

i'm so conflicted

ramdomthought

Postby exprof » Mon May 05, 2014 12:32 am

exprof

PreviousNext