[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: Opportunity Costs

Postby bels » Mon May 05, 2014 4:51 am

The purpose of the thread is posting stuff you are thinking of spending money on but aren't sure about.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Mon May 05, 2014 5:05 am

We celebrate uncertainty and indecision here on care tags, not action

Syeknom

Postby sid3000 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:46 am

shoutout to the fickle

sid3000

Postby anonomous » Mon May 05, 2014 8:17 am

I've been looking for a new pair of summer beater sneaks and I don't know which to pick. I don't want to wear my CPs throughout summer because it is going to be really hot on my feet. I'm definitely going to get birkenstocks however.

Vans 106?

Vans Old Skool?

AF1s?
Black vans slip ons?

anonomous

Postby maj » Mon May 05, 2014 1:15 pm

fighting that urge to buy something that i don't need but simply want, like i need shorts for summer but i couldn't give a fuck about buying them because right now i need a 5'' piece of fabric with a picture of my geography teachers compass stapled to my arm. realistically speaking i have my cpc bomber to fill this roll but i havn't bought a piece to "fill a hole" in quite some time, it's more out of the fact i want it for what it represents on its own merits.

the pink is compelling as i recently saw some shots mr shannon put up on his insta displaying some sexy man in a full pink stone island get up and it gave me somewhat of a funny feeling in the bit which controls my spending habits. could see it working very nicely with just a tee in the summer and a nice set of adidas drinking corrona down the manor on a tuesday afternoon much like the blue one, pink has more significance tho as the idea of buying something with such aggressive connotations in a colour usually reserved for people to buy for their wifey is pretty appealing. white soft shell bomber is pretty attractive as i've had my eye on it way before i bought my cpc bomber and it's still sitting on the site pretty much untouched so i have a feeling it may go on sale, neckline favours being all zipped up with some nice mid wash denim and a set of gazzelles to top it off. but as i've mentioned before, i really don't need another light, not waterproof jacket in any form.

now usually when i make one of the posts i end up buying none of it and getting something else 3 months later so i hope that happens here too.

maj

Postby nick » Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby maj » Tue May 06, 2014 6:35 pm

me plan worked and we're moving again.

maj

Postby ramseames » Tue May 06, 2014 6:40 pm

yeah I'm a tagged 33 waist size and my shorts are a 3 and hit a little higher on my thighs than they did on the models.

ramseames

Postby CMYK » Wed May 07, 2014 11:19 am

Forgot to snap a picture in store, but I found this great pair of vintage black combat style boots at an antique store near me. Really nice leather, my size, and the tag seemed to indicate that they're from the 1950's. I know that they're a steal at 40$, but I'm not sure if I can totally pull off the whole tall black boots thing. Seems very militaristic/punk to me. Also I'd have to wait until fall to really ever get to break them out...

CMYK

Postby ramdomthought » Wed May 07, 2014 9:11 pm

oh god $150 + ship from jp

should i should i should i

for reminder i have the jacket

ramdomthought

Postby nevergreen » Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 am

cool or no?

nevergreen

Postby mc-lunar » Thu May 08, 2014 9:54 pm

mc-lunar

Postby ramseames » Thu May 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Really hard to make a shitty cheap cupsole sneak, as long as the rubber isn't crazy soft and the leather isn't paper thin (and acrimoney wouldn't buy them if that was true) they'll be fine.

ramseames

Postby mc-lunar » Thu May 08, 2014 11:10 pm

mc-lunar

Postby exprof » Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am

I kinda want some ridiculoudly wide leg yohji trews now

Wish I could see this pair on a model, nervous bout buying baggy trew w/o trying them on

exprof

Postby Syeknom » Fri May 16, 2014 2:17 am

Do it, exprof! Wide yohji trew are too much fun and will suit you. It may open up a beautiful rabbit hole into wanting more and more yohji clothes though, at least it has for me and I'm a boy obsessed.

Syeknom

Postby jrisk » Sat May 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Thinking about picking up one of mfarmtown's but I can't decide on which material to choose, polka dot, rainbow nep or slub.

jrisk

Postby maj » Sat May 17, 2014 6:29 pm

would hat the feel of that rubbing my nips and sweating in it throughout the day :S

maj

Postby jrisk » Sat May 17, 2014 6:40 pm

hmm, good point. really wish I could touch and feel it before buying.

jrisk

Postby greggy » Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 am

Found some MMM 4 replica motorcycle trousers in a tk maxx today - kinda unsure if I want to drop £105 on something that might not resell ;/

greggy

Postby can- » Sun May 18, 2014 5:42 pm

fire

can-

Postby chadnik » Sun May 18, 2014 6:38 pm

I've been craving something similar, high-waist culottes; also nervous about how they'd look on. Apiece Apart and Folk both make good ones (open to more suggestions):

chadnik

Postby smiles » Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 am

they're elastic waist i believe so it shouldn't be a big deal. get 44 i guess.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby raags » Mon May 19, 2014 11:22 am

Cote & Ciel Nile Rucksack

Techy and cool as fuck and practical but I'm worried it'll dwarf my short ass - I've heard they're huge in person and I am a small framed 5'6" dude. Anyone handled it?

raags
Best Dressed

Postby raags » Tue May 20, 2014 10:52 am

Hmmm maybe I get this Julius parka too and can hide in it. It's denim but lined, wonder if it would be too weird to double denim it with jeans or it would feel stiff and gross and not like a big coat I can hide in for safety from the world??

raags
Best Dressed

Postby frogosaurus » Tue May 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Need to pick up a summer blazer for a trip to Europe in July, and really tempted to pull the trigger on this J. Crew linen one. Down to $160 after 30% sale. Should I do it or ?

frogosaurus

Postby Syeknom » Tue May 27, 2014 3:47 pm

That's some super aggressive waist suppression especially for a linen jacket - hope it doesn't fit so tight in person? Don't love how it looks like a denim jacket either, personally.

Syeknom

Postby frogosaurus » Tue May 27, 2014 4:19 pm

@Syeknom yeah, it looks pretty denimesque here. I tried it on this afternoon and the texture looks pretty different in person. The waist suppression isn't ideal but most of J Crew's stuff fits like that. I may just order it while I can get it cheap and see what I can do with it, and if it doesn't work just return it for free.

frogosaurus

Postby rublev » Wed May 28, 2014 8:29 am

So the summer white parka hunt isn't really turning into much and we've had some pretty shower'y days...

ImageImage

Thinking about copping this OL??????????

Lightweight / unlined, slightly boxy cut etc.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Wed May 28, 2014 8:48 am

What size are you rublev? There was a white pretty green ventile parka on ebay that I saw in M but as i dithered on whether to buy it the auction ran out of time. Another one may come up though. There's one in XS at the moment.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags