[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: Opportunity Costs

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Syeknom

Postby bels » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Fabric feels good, nice and drapey. I've never felt up a fully canvassed jacket so I'm not sure but I think this one is (via the pinch test)

Decided to keep the top one (size 48) rather than the 46 and it's with the tailor now. The trews are a bit roomy but the sleeves on the 46 felt way too short when I tried it on with a shirt.

Neuro keeps saying stuff about how she'll be wearing the jacket when it gets cold and I don't seem to be able to shoot her venomous enough looks to get her to drop the idea.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Blastoise » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:19 pm

I have a shirt from them in their Japanese chambray. I like it a lot, probably my most worn shirt. It was soft to start out with and has softened up a ton since, I've had it for around a year now. The blue has gradually faded showing the tan underneath (whereas a lot of chambray would have a slight amount of white). Fairly lightweight and breathable, but sturdy. Fabric itself has held up quite nicely, no real signs of wear/tear besides the color fading. I can see it making for a comfortable pair of pants, easily.

Blastoise

Postby nevergreen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:46 pm

mesh vs terrycloth

except the terrycloth in white since the beige/tan is sold out

nevergreen

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:09 am

I've been lusting after a pair of "baller' boots for a while and a pair of 10sei0ottos popped up, in my size, for $180 (which is a pretty good price) but there's definitely some wear. this is one of those situations where I'm like "do i just want these because they're something i feel like I should buy or do i actually want these in my wardrobe? I should be selling some things soon so it's not like money is really an issue for these but i think it's more the principle of the matter? I mean in terms of shoes i'd probably want a zip? But that seems almost negligible when you're getting like 90% off

mc-lunar

Postby exprof » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:19 am

Still debating these super fun mykita shades, idunno if I'll get sick of the blue but they're sooo fun

exprof

Postby chilljin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:28 am

oki-ni order came in

jawns+shoes
jeans have some really ncie details, v soft and fit me perfectly
ImageImage
ImageImage

chilljin

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:19 pm

J.Crew is having that 30% off sale that you were waiting for on those pants. Go for it.

Blastoise

Postby popcorn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:45 pm

thank you so much man, wow, gonna have to make another run to the bank :v)

popcorn

Postby JewTurk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:23 pm

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shi ... /62202.jsp

Ahhh, I found this instore walking around and now seeing that J Crew is having a sale right now...

Does anyone know if I can get the 30% off in-store and stack it with a student discount?

e:

There's a listing on ebay right now, only worn once or twice supposedly, for $45. I put a bid on it.

@Stringray
Yeah I get that J Crews quality probably isn't worth that price point, hoping this ebay listing works out.

JewTurk

Postby chadnik » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:13 am

think I'm gonna snipe this MH dress (but in olive drab)

chadnik

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Raf Simons Virginia Creeper coat has been relisted on ebay, wish me luck for round two

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:09 am

Suit worked out brilliantly and is nicely understated. Next black tie event I'm getting a wing collar shirt, studs and a cummerbund though. Those highlighted the better black tie fits I saw much more than finicky details like satin trim.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:10 am

No fit pics because I spent 30 minutes trying to tie an acceptable bow tie...

bels
Yung Winona

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Thinking of copping something from Our Legacy.

A few pieces I've seen resonate with me in a certain way but I'm slightly unsure what I'd wear them with.

Also does anyone know any other brands with a similar washed out aesthetic? I love the look but I don't want to just buy OL.

Shawl collar pop-over shirt with zip fastening

Rainbow denim jacket

This scarf man, I want it but what would I even do with it

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:13 pm

First thing is a bit eh, jacket is pretty cool, don't really understand the question regarding the scarf it looks dead easy to wear

Syeknom

Postby JewTurk » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 pm

What footwear looks good with stacks on an extreme tapered pair of jeans? I have all of my handsewns (camp mocs and boat shoes) and vans right now. Been going around town trying things on, nothing seems to fit the bill.

Was going to pull the trigger on some wallabee runs but they just didn't seem to work and I wasn't quite sold on 'them.

JewTurk

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:03 pm

DeafIdiotGod

Postby chadnik » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:07 pm

oh god dammit I missed out on the MH dress because I forgot to change my eBay password on my sniping service

I may have cried a tiny bit

chadnik

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Been 'mirin this Our Legacy shirt, and it's on sale. however i am on cop freeze until end of November. the mind is willing but the flesh is weak.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby greggy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 am

I thought that was prawnzee modelling that shirt for a second

greggy

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Okay so the OL rainbow jacket just arrived. It looks weird but also pretty sick, makes me want to buy more washed out clothes. Still deciding whether to keep it though.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:21 pm

So I won this auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281364381586

$50 for selvedge, raw denim, shirt. Figured why not.

I get my noragi fabric swatch file on Friday, very excited to get the process going.

JewTurk

Postby popcorn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:10 pm

congrats , you're just a piece off from a completed selvedge suit.

popcorn

Postby can- » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:46 pm

om nom nom

can-

Postby inherently » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:57 pm

been lusting after these for a while; not sure if i want to drop $225 on them though.

, you had a pair of butteros right? how does the sizing run?

inherently

Postby chadnik » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:35 pm

ahhhhh the seller of the MH dress just messaged me (after I sent her a teary message when I lost) that the winning bidder never paid and the dress is mine

:woop:

chadnik

Postby umbreyonce » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Not as much "considering" as "already bought," but I had been lusting over the RO classic leather biker for a while and found one for 50% off on Forward and copped it. I want to sleep with it.

umbreyonce

Postby nevergreen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:18 am

and

i can't tell if they're kind of cool or kind of not

nevergreen

Postby nevergreen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:41 pm

shoes are hydrogen-1. company is very cp-esque but they're having a sale on everything rn http://hydrogen-1.com/collections/entire-collection

nevergreen

PreviousNext

Return to Tags