[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby zayg » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:45 am

zayg

Postby smiles » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:24 am

I know I posted about it a few pages back, but after a Very Generous award from the HKSAR government I will shortly be in the position to purchase either of the following tender co boots:

siding boots

they also come in logwood

the aforementioned rough-out

I like the shape of the siding boots but I like the leather on the rough out more. But the crepe sole wont be that useful if it starts to get snowy. Neither would leather for that matter... On the other hand I do have some random yuketen chukkas. Anyway. I pretty much like both of them so maybe I'm asking which one do you think would suit me more. leaning a bit towards the shorter one because it seems less 'urban woodsman-y'

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby asianfuntime » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:50 pm

should I get these? or is there something better in this price range

asianfuntime

Postby Blastoise » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Thinking about the raws, I guess the main appeal for me (besides and obvious increase in "quality") is the character factor. In that case I would want something with some texture and probably leaning to the faster fading side. The Levi's are fine and everything but they have no character at all besides a few standard fades from my phone and wallet. There's a better way to phrase that I'm sure.

And on that note I'm liking the sound of these: https://www.blueowl.us/product/japan-bl ... l-jb0206/#

Thoughts? Anything else that would also match what I'm looking for?

Blastoise

Postby JewTurk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:07 pm

JewTurk

Postby Blastoise » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:13 pm

And you have that fit, right? I'd like to stay fairly close to the fit of 510s.

Blastoise

Postby JewTurk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:17 pm

JewTurk

Postby JewTurk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Sleeping (not literally) on the idea of these, maybe once the price drops a bit (hopefully).

http://www.grailed.com/listings/11761-n ... -cut-pants

Is it safe to say they fit similar to these shots? https://33.media.tumblr.com/23a8d24c3db ... 1_1280.png

JewTurk

Postby chadnik » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:52 pm

I've been stalking this Horses Atelier jumpsuit with great intensity. It's finally 25% off at Bird so I'm heavily considering pulling the trigger, but would appreciate any opinions before I do (bc final sale).

chadnik

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:10 am

some other stuff I'm currently eyeing hungrily:

this bitchin new balance windbreaker

random ebay af1s (love this colorway)

nike footscapes (are these as cool as I think they are?)

adidas zx 710

harmsalmon

Postby longjumps » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:44 am

Image Image

scoping the très bien sale. is it likely for the prices to be further reduced at all?

longjumps

Postby rublev » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:38 pm

OL have that sweat in every size apart from XS on their site for £31 instead of £63.

EXTRA15 will get you an extra 15% off on TSB if you wanting more things from their though.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby nevergreen » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:51 pm

they seem rly cool but at the same time they kind of look like slippers that don't jizz cause of the sole. thoughts?

nevergreen

Postby charybdis » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:17 pm

The steven alan sale is filling me with doubt and confusion. Please advise:

Pros: have wanted this for awhile, it is my ideal cable knit sweater, price is more palatable

Cons: have wanted this for awhile (AM I A DIFFERENT PERSON NOW?), final sale,

OR

Pros: I am a jacket person, holy crap it's beautiful

Cons: it's a size 2 (shoulders should work though), final sale, price, I dunno if I wear enough lighter bottoms, not sure how I feel about the texture

Option C is to buy neither. I really really like that jacket though. Writing this up has made me realize that maybe I should pass on the sweater due to the neckline. (This is a good exercise.)

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:54 pm

If you had to get birks, Arizonas vs. Bostons?

JewTurk

Postby kwokkit » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:30 am

Second hand UU fishtail parka in navy/grey, should I cop? Cotton/polyester/nylon tho... I feel like it wouldn't be warm enough for a canadian winter, and I already have a wool duffle and chesterfield and CG jacket

kwokkit

Postby 7737 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:54 am

Thinking of getting low tops from Shoes Like Pottery, found my size for ~$120 shipped. I haven't actually touched these, so basically they sound nice but I have no idea what I'm getting into and Rakuten reviews + google translate haven't been too useful. What u guys think.

I have so many feelings about the blue soles.

Postby 7737 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:41 am

looks like your run of the mill cushion insole. Doek seems really intriguing though, how long have you had yours and what are your thoughts?

Postby smiles » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:58 am

I've had them about two weeks now I think. I got the largest size US9 and they fit (i'm usually a ten). But i think tts would also work. It took a bit to break them in but they are certainly comfortable now. Never owned converse so I don't know how they compare. The canvas feels substantial and the inside is lined with cotton. Overall pretty nice.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby rudy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:44 pm

So I own a pair of the typical tortoiseshell new wayfarers and have been thinking of trying something a little different. I got inspired by the clear-framed glasses worn by Bruce Willis after re-watching Moonrise:

Been thinking about this pair by Lunettes:

Really love the notch. Don't know very much about clear frames though. Are they pretty much relegated to being a summer style? Does anybody have any images of these being pulled off well?

rudy

Postby charybdis » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:38 pm

So, the acne bomber I got came in and I'm super torn.

It would be perfect but the sleeves are super 90s prom puffy and I dunno if that's something I want to put on my body. Please advise, but I'm leaning towards sending it back right now. ;_;

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby bels » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Puffy sleeves is part of the charm no?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby turbulencex90 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Would be disappointed by puffy sleeves too, I think they would be the first thing anyone would notice and if you're not happy with them then you should probably return it. The body of the jacket is pretty awesome though, and I'm also a fan of the colour.

turbulencex90

Postby oldtrailmix » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:16 pm

i'm a sucker for puffy sleeved bombers on girls, the silhouette looks way better than on the male figure. up to u tho, it's ur money man.

oldtrailmix

Postby ramseames » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:23 pm

puffy is good when its puffy all over like an alpha reg fit but those sleeves are disproportionate to the body of the jacket which sucks

ramseames

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:18 pm

are these fracaps prohibitively dark for a largely-light colored wardrobe? had my eye on a lighter shade of brown but it sold out; looking to upgrade from my danners.

harmsalmon

Postby RomanEmpire » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:42 pm

There would obviously be a huge contrast with say, for example, your light wash denim. I think they be too dark, for a wardrobe like yours I'd prefer a lighter brown/tan, but you might be able to make these work too. Why are you selling your danners?

RomanEmpire

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 am

harmsalmon

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:27 am

I have some 875 RWs, I think those might suit you. But at the same time those danners really feel like you, maybe that's just what I'm used to seeing on you but they work really well for you. I think you should continue your search for something that you actually want though, because I feel like if you get those fracaps you're just settling. Try asking around for some hiking boots that fit your likings, and see if you can find something secondhand on grailed/ebay/BST etc.

RomanEmpire

Postby greggy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:00 pm

I posted this coat a while back in the LCM thread and it's now available for dirt cheap.. I'm kinda torn though because I feel like it's going to be too much for London weather.. and I only just bought a PW V.C. mac..

greggy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags