[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby chilljin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:06 pm

ultimate chilling outfit from dries why do i want this

All seriousness tho i really like these derbies and they would make a certain fit of mine real cool

chilljin

Postby ifvibhu » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Strongly considering buying this t-shirt. Also does anyone have any experience with Norse Project? Is the quality good and how is the sizing?

ifvibhu

Postby djwildchina » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Follow up to my last post-

Thanks for that advice y'all, I guess I hadn't realized how fire they were at first. I had them on a 24 hour hold when I posted, went back and copped today. Hit them with a magic eraser and a suede brush and they look nice. Can't wait to rock them at the first glimpse of Autumn. Ty guys

djwildchina

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Saturdays Zac Jacket for like £55

It would make for a nice lighter waterproof layer but I'm not so sure if it would go with other bottoms as well as it goes with black jeans.

Last edited by DeafIdiotGod on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeafIdiotGod

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Thinking of buying this Whyred shirt from last season

or maybe this shirt (once I get a reply from their customer service telling me where/when to buy it). Sadly it's the only picture they got of it as far as I've seen on their website.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby dino » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:23 pm

shirt from C.E on sale

Ive been looking for these nike sandals but could only find them in this colorway, will probably cover all the yellow with black marker

need a new bike

dino

Postby ramseames » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:30 pm

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:32 am

(smiling)

was worried they'd not do them again this season.

ramseames

Postby dino » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:12 am

dino

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Unless you're trying to do mad messenger shit like lane split and salmoning and stuff you'd be fine with the maneuverability of drops, and if you want to do any riding beyond just commuting they'll be way better

ramseames

Postby nick » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Pretty set on getting this vest - but sometimes I get bad ideas. what does c-t think?

- it's polyester (not real)

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Ques » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:52 am

found an EG blazer for 96 dolla dolla and robocopped, even though i'm normally a small and it's a large

getting mixed opinions on keep/not keep so far

click thru for higher res pics

Ques

Postby chadnik » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Christophe Lemaire wool coat. opinions from fellow long coat mafiosi?

chadnik

Postby yubbermax » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:46 am

Going to NYC this weekend, I have some final pieces (this is a lie) to pick up to complete my F/W wardrobe. Not sure which stores I'll get to since my friends hate shopping.

White tank, scoop neck tee and longsleeve tee, grey crewneck sweatshirt, black tank and scoop neck tee. Looking for a bit of drape on everything except the sweatshirt.

I'll probably go with AA for some of it and probably Archival for the sweatshirt. Looking for any suggestions for moderately priced stuff.

yubbermax

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:13 am

I want boots but idk what to get. Been looking at timbs, doc martens 1460s, and red wings. There's a cheap pair of 1460s in my size on grailed but I'm not completely sure yet because I want 1461s in the future and I feel like that would be kinda redundant.

Also considering this shirt, but I would have to tailor it to shorten the length and sleeves and I'm not sure I would want to do that because it would get rid of it's resale value because it would fit very few people, so I doubt I'd be able to sell it at all if I had to in the future.

RomanEmpire

Postby Prae » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 am

Man I really need some more shoes, lacking some foot-fire. However my 12.5US feet eliminate quite a bit of shoes because they look clowny (looking at you Converse). Atm I have Vans x Wtaps Olive, 4 pairs of Era's, Multi flyknits and some brown wolverine moc-toes. Thought about getting some B/W sk8-hi and modding them like , but HI's are like $110 here and again, I don't really need more "muted" shoes, even though I love them. I need some that can make an outfit, also, budget is like $200 maks, rather lower, but will pay if it's worth it aaaand I kind of want to be able to try them on without too much shipping hassle.

Boot recs would also be fine, I'm just having a hard time justifying buying new when my mocs still work great and look pretty good (a bit stretched and clunky though) and to get a good quality low-profile boot I'd have to drop $300+++

Prae

Postby eyealt » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:51 am

Down the road Im looking to get a pair of black skinnies and I've narrowed it down to two pairs, one being SLP 15.5s (I tried on a pair and they fit phenomenally in the thigh and calf and the taper is just what I was looking for - needed a size down in the waist though) and another being the Acne Thin stays. I haven't had the chance to try on a pair of the Thins, nor have I tried on the Aces, but I think I'd like something even tighter than the Ace fit. The SLP customer service was unbelievable and I would love to order from them just because of that, but no matter how good the fit or service was, the price tag, $475, is still high. Can anyone comment on how the Thins compare to the SLPs in terms of fit? Reason being because they're nearly half the price and if they're as good, I'll eventually do those.

eyealt

Postby Prae » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:07 am

The only thing is that between me being 6'2", my foot size, my tiny calves and my skinny jeans I just had the idea that AF1's would look gigantic on me. Also, they are ~$160 here, but I'll see if I can find a store somewhere close that stocks them.

Prae

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:13 pm

I've been looking for a duffle coat and I've come across this:

http://www.phixclothing.com/navy-wool-d ... 11154.html

It's super cheap and simple but would probably fall to pieces in 5mins. Thoughts?

Also considering this 'cause its jokes: http://www.phixclothing.com/bellfield-p ... 11164.html but its 85% acrylic so I'm not gonna

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby breakadawn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:16 pm

whats the beef with acrylic stuff? It's cheap anyway lol

breakadawn

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:28 pm

I got an acrylic-y jumper from gap a couple of years ago and it made my neck itch a ton, so I've not touched it since. Its suuuuuper tempting though... I could always give it to my brother as a present...

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby maj » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:31 pm

better off trying to find a nice gloverall on a nice sale or off the bay of dreams for a duffel coat, bit more in £££ but would be a lot nicer than a low end option.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Mens-Clothing ... ze=M&rt=nc

maj

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:45 pm

gloverall is bang on the money I think, cheers

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby Morlin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:23 pm

considering getting these, I usually dress in blue and browns so I dunno if they'd work with a more colorful wardrobe

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby Yoder » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Unsure if you could have found a worse angle for those shoes.

Yoder

Postby RycePooding » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:49 am

Need an as-light-as-possible rain jacket. I like this, but unsure. Torrentshells light? Any recs?

RycePooding

Postby rjbman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Torrentshells (and their TNF brethren Venture) are really as light as you can get while staying completely waterproof (think there are flimsier stuff but those are just straight vinyl or such). They're really great for staying dry, but don't breathe too well. My Torrentshell comes with armpit zips you can open to get some ventilation, which I usually do even in rain.

Would recommend as a stay-dry coat, but not as an overall spring/fall jacket.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby djwildchina » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:39 pm

NB998ch Made in USA?

I dig the muted monochrome colorway. I wouldnt pay retail, but I might be able to get them discounted. I know NBs aren't everyones cup of tea in general.. but if they are... let me know if you think I should pull the trigger. Thanks!

djwildchina

Postby CleanThug » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:08 pm

CleanThug

Postby jrisk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:17 pm

which color would you get:

(feather gray)

(fatigue green)

jrisk

PreviousNext

Return to Tags