[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:52 pm

can anyone recommend black derbies with a casual vibe- ie clearly not a dress shoe- that do not have too thick a sole? i have quite a muscular build and shaved head. thicker sole makes me look like a security guard, according to my girlfriend

pirxthepilot

Postby popcorn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

I was leaning towards Red Wings recently because they're the starter option of all starter options for substantial lasting, good looking leather shoes, but I really think I'd be happier with something sleeker, maybe more handsewn (a la Rancourt more than Yuketen)? Might not even want boots, come to think of it a handsewn on a vibram cristy would be perfect. I'm really gonna have to do some sole searching (booooo). Color will probably be mid-brown or tan.

Really like the Paraboots here

And I'm not sure what the shoes here are, but I really like the style and the shoes + pants are ideal for me.

Range is low, <$300 for sure, $200 preferably.
Any recommendations?

popcorn

Postby Syeknom » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Those second ones are the ones I have - chose them because the cinnamon shade is a bit less khaki-trou than the light pair. They're both pretty hardcore pairs of trou.

Syeknom

Postby JewTurk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:53 pm

Lad suiting good/bad?

http://www.grailed.com/listings/5548

This looks like it would fit me perfectly aside from the oddly short inseam (are they cropped?). I need some formal wear for graduation/end of year festivities and this thing has been sitting on grailed forever.

e:
reasons why not to buy would be great appreciated

JewTurk

Postby Indieguy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Yes or no? Found a really reasonably priced used pair.

Acne Javier. Not sure how the suede will hold up during the winter though. Thoughts maybe?

Indieguy

Postby djwildchina » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Considering picking up a fishtail parka ( played out? maybe..)

Prob secondhand as I dont have much of a budget ( $150~)

So far I really like the UU Fishtail (big surprise haha).. It seems fairly easy to find second hand

I know its a popular piece and others on here own it. Any info/insight is appreciated

- How is the fit?
- Quality?
-How warm is it?
- What is a decent price for like new condition?

paging and anyone else who wants to chime in. Thanks! :-)

djwildchina

Postby Ques » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:53 pm

^those both sold lightning fast, saw them before class and when i went back to check after BAM

Ques

Postby agvs » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:22 pm

agvs

Postby djwildchina » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:00 am

thanks so much for the insight bro!! Appreciate you taking the time. Definitely helps :D

djwildchina

Postby 3hunna » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:16 pm

This raf simons blazer/jacket

This coogi shirt cardigan

3hunna

Postby zayg » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:20 pm

vintage 50's leather

this is so cool

zayg

Postby JewTurk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:41 am

Looking for boots with little to no heel.

http://us.asos.com/Frank-Wright-Stark-C ... y9Qcm9kLw..

These were on Asos and are pretty much what I'm looking for but I don't want to spend $80 or w/e if they'll fall apart in months. I don't know if it's just me but do heeled shoes not work on relatively short guys? I've tried on a bunch of different boots recently and I just can't get behind the heel.

I'll try and find some more outlets with boots I'd be interested in, all I've tried on so far have seemed comically large. I'll keep lookin'.

Thank you for all the help guys.

e:
@Docs:

I can't find these damn things anywhere in the US and I really want to try a pair on before buying anything... I really love the look of docs top down but from the side I always feel 'eh' with the heel...

JewTurk

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:44 pm

in IRC yesterday i was frothing at the mouth with excitement over . i sincerely hope some care-taggers will pick up the men's outerwear pieces because i am an enormous fan of some of their stuff and have no dudes in my life to dress ; n ;

but anyways i am very interested in :

things i love: the thin strip of cream corduroy, the kind of complex color of the blues, the fact that there are two blues.

their only U.S. stockists are men's stockists. i'm trying to decide if (although this is a sublime specimen of the genre) if i want a single-breasted long coat, because the other options i am considering are or .

schiaparelli

Postby jrisk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:07 pm

totally enamored by this coat from a kind of guise

I found a stockist with it still in stock but guh, that price. Love the long liner, looks so comfy.

jrisk

Postby Ques » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:33 pm

things that i'm considering buying when sales season hits, thoughts?

Ques

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:52 am

suggestions for sub-$100 cool wide-brimmed hats? would prefer some texture/cool subtle pattern, leaning toward more "floppy" if that makes sense. really like some EG offerings but can't find much on secondhand market, mostly wondering about what brands you guys know that might have some that I probably haven't head of before.

harmsalmon

Postby Blastoise » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Contacted Carhartt's customer service (look at that alliteration) and the parka won't be restocked until next winter so...thinking I'll just get this American Apparel parka:

Others have confirmed that it's a fishtail despite there not being any pictures of the back online. Yes/no? It's half of my original budget ($300) so that's good, but any other options that I should look at? Requirements: black, lined (suitable for Minnesota winters), minimal detail (no epaulets or anything, like most of the military fishtails have), hooded, etc. Fishtail isn't even a must but it'd be nice. Just looking for something simple but cool.

Also should I get my normal size (s) or size down? Kinda of hard to tell when they group xs and xxs together.

Blastoise

Postby Morlin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:42 pm

red holiday sweaters i can wear around white girls? found a ralph i really like for 59 but not sure if it's worth it with the damage on the arm + it looks like the fit is really baggy... Adore the pattern though

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby yubbermax » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm p interested in these bad boys: http://www.grailed.com/listings/32951-d ... t-dd-silas

They will require some TLC (maybe ironing out some creases) and the heels are pretty fucked but theyre pretty sweet sneaks and I've been looking for a slightly more substantial black high top.

Product photo:

yubbermax

Postby JewTurk » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 pm

http://independence-chicago.com/imogene ... et-indigo/

I was going to get this but I don't think the cut is going to work out for the 'look' I'm going for with it. I was going to order the size M but the length may be pushing it a bit, I just know the XS/S will be too fitted. I want a really boxy cut with wider arms so I can roll the sleeves up quite a bit with relatively big cuffs.

Similar to this:

But preferably unwashed, it doesn't have to be raw.

JewTurk

Postby JewTurk » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:10 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Wing-Heritage ... B005OPKQTG

Red Wing Postmans... yeah? chunkier? yeah...? Would the chukka be better? I can't really jizz with heels for whatever reason. I don't mind a thick sole but relatively bigger heels I just can't get behind for my body type/preferences.

e:
Alright, I think I'll try out the docs at this store in Flag this coming weekend and if I like 'them I'll pull the trigger. Thanks for the advice guys.

JewTurk

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:43 pm

if you could rec any article of clothing to me specifically (within reason) what would it be? like literally anything.... shoes, pants, shirts, outerwear, etc. of course have several things already on my cop list but would be interested in hearing outsider perspectives.

harmsalmon

Postby dzogchen » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:35 am

i have the acne vancouver parka but want something a bit more versatile, a bit shorter, but also quite warm. sold a toj ma1 because it didn't really fit the bill (not good in rain) and stumbled upon an ervell fw08 piece. I kind of like it, it's a bit out there (it's furry) but I wonder how much of my love for it is because it's Ervell.

arms look really long though. Any alternatives?

dzogchen

Postby djwildchina » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Red Wing 1907

or

Red Wing 2962

Sold off my Iron Rangers, looking to replace them with another brown boot.

These are the boots currently in my rotation, maybe you guys could tell me which one would make more sense for me as well

Thanks! :-)

djwildchina

Postby djwildchina » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:50 pm

You guys are right I don't need more boots. I have smarter purchases to make!

djwildchina

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:28 pm

thoughts on common projects cadet derby?

assuming it's the usual size down drill, the only black pair for me seems to be on the other side of the world.

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Gonna do what I always do and tell you to just cop northampton shoe. Wouldn't catch me spending any money at all on shipping a common project derby when I live in the place that invented the derby.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:01 pm

previous failed attempts at northampton shoe kops :-(

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Look at that subtly rounded toe.. the tasteful thickness of the sole.

Oh my god.

It even has a suede heel cup.

Jokes aside those look great, I guess you must be looking for something very specific if they aren't hitting the mark for you.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Both of those are way nicer than anything CP makes

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags