[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:55 pm

My main ankle boots are giving out, all cobblers I visit say the sole has been worn through too much to be salvageable. Shame because other than the cemented rubber sole (with fake welt to boot) they were pretty great boots, they were slightly sleeker than CDBs, had a gore-tex lining and came in a brown dark enough to wear with black jeans but brown enough to wear with pretty much anything else.

Anyway, I need a replacement and I want to avoid something like this happening again so I need something more hard-wearing that can be re-soled without difficulty. Not well versed in the chukka game so I don't know what there is if I want another set of those. I'd be after something vaguely similar to the old pair, i.e. dark brown, not as ducky as CDBs, nubuck upper and being waterproof/resistant would be cool too but they're less pressing issues.

On the other hand, this could be an opportunity to dip into the chelsea boot game but I'm not sure whether they'd be so sleek that they'd look weird with some of the slouchy stuff I own. Similar requirements as before.

Any suggestions for either in the ~£200 zone or lower?

I'm considering RM Williams, although they are £££££ the kangaroo leather is so unreasonably comfy and the wholecut upper is a pretty attractive concept, enough that I might be prepared to sacrifice some future cops to buy a pair. Chisel toe is nice but do any rounder toe models exist in kangaroo? or is that going to be a strictly MTO deal?

DeafIdiotGod

Postby chillax » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:37 pm

i dunno which reeboks i should get, i like all of the but what you guys think?
ImageImageImageImage

chillax

Postby soko » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:41 am

Any recs for an overcoat under 350? I've been looking around and I've been having a tough time. Somehow I've managed to survive winter so far w/out a real warm coat. Needs to fit true xs and preferably knee length.

soko

Postby FartingLikeFlowers » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:44 pm

FartingLikeFlowers

Postby Yoder » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:21 pm

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/raf_ ... ers/363202

these fucking shoes lol, i have no idea if justice could be done, but I just can't look away.

e: i think if they were a different base color but something just isn't right about that shade

Yoder

Postby uniacto » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:42 am

entertaining the idea of looser pants, don't know if i could pull off EG USN pants, they're on grailed for 40 some bucks in my size tho .

edit: problem is that idk if it'll fit into my wardrobe :/

uniacto

Postby tomsfood » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:50 am

for forty bucks and if you want to try looser pants i would go for it

they may not fit into your wardrobe which will result in one of two things: having to resell (probably not losing much if any money) or your wardrobe changing more towards these pants

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby nick » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:30 am

Don't buy pants you don't want because it says Engineered Garments on the tag - trust me, I've been extremely guilty of this. Multiple times. If a pair of straight leg khaki-brown pants IS what you want though, then sure, go ahead.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby mike868y » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:25 am

i'm not trying to make a profit off them or anything (losing money and i only ever tried them on). i just would rather seen them worn then sit in my closet or get donated. quality is great as one would expect, the wide pant silhouette just doesn't work on me.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby mike868y » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:26 pm

@bela it's a combination of them not working and me not wanting them to work. i think wide pants look great on some people, but for me, they didn't work out.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby veggies » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:43 pm

i bought stan smiths a couple of weeks ago but they're too narrow for my feet, so i'm selling them. i'm thinking of getting some superstars instead but i'm not so sure of the colorway. white/black is more classic and i like that but white/white is also pretty cool. what do you guys think?

veggies

Postby ramseames » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:08 pm

White white but they're not gonna fit much wider really

ramseames

Postby haz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:28 pm

looking to for two pairs of trousers - a light wash jean and some black cotton (maybe wool blend?) pants.

slim to slightly loose fit in both, in the £60 - £100ish price range (can and will wait for sales)

currently considering patrik ervall jeans but idk for the black trousers

haz

Postby ptozzi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Looking for a gray pullover hoody to replace my 5 year old Hanes one. What are some of the best cheap hoody brands? I've been considering Carhartt, Uniqlo, Muji, and Nike. Budget is <$50.

ptozzi

Postby PrimePrime » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:43 pm

PrimePrime

Postby frogosaurus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Grenson Finbar (white sole)

or

Red Wing Postman (black crepe sole)

for black derbs? Looking for something easy to work in to fits and comfortable, so I'm thinking RW's would fit both of those better

frogosaurus

Postby ballast » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Knitted coat with leather seams. Raw edges and hem. Considering it but also considering how much I'd wear it. Hm..

Or maybe I should just get new black jeans and wait for SS15? Or add the money to my down payment on a house..

ballast

Postby Ques » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:24 pm

i kind of want to grab this and wear it by itself come s/s as an OL shirt-dress

thoughts???

Ques

Postby mahi-mahi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:09 am

mahi-mahi

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:06 pm

That was my favourite model coat he did this season for sure - really excellent cut. The zippers on the side pockets annoyed me to no end though. The No-Man model is a very nice colour make-up but I can't be bothered spending that kind of money on anything right now.

Syeknom

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:00 pm

recs for a casual light/mid-weight jacket for me that does not have a shirt-style collar? price range is <$200, if it comes in dark brown, navy, or olive then that's even better

harmsalmon

Postby absurdmind » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:36 pm

has anyone handled asos' leather jackets? i know asos is low quality but in general im ok with materials that arent great, and im happy with how previous jacket and pants have worked out (2 years wear, still fine). im not looking to invest in a buy it for life jacket anyways (money + changing tastes). but if its absolute shit or if anyone has had a problem with the fit/shape please let me know. if anyone can recommend me a better minimal-ish double rider for <$300 im open suggestions, preferably something thin, not shiny, or worn-looking.

absurdmind

Postby smiles » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:20 pm

kind of want these:
Image dunno how well they'd go with the rest of my stuff though. or should i go for these: Image?

Going to get these:

Or maybe a real mcoys version. Would look good with no break and white socks yeah?

Also a tee like this:

and a long sleeve version.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby alby » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 pm

I've been so stressed out about black pants for so long. I need a pair of black pants that are slim/skinny that my calves don't fill out. 510s are much to skinny. 511s are a little weird looking. I don't know what to do and I don't know where to start.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby ramseames » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:24 am

If you're a 33 I'll cut you an xtra special deal on my max cash

ramseames

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:49 am

ACRNM resell gear available in size small... I am being tested. Am I lame for wanting a million pockets and half of a fake launder-able leather sleeve? Am I lame for asking if I'm lame? Do I need 10 pockets? Do I really need to own a jacket that costs more than all of my furniture combined?

I've been lusting and saving up to buy an acronym jacket, and now that one is actually available I'm having a crisis.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby can- » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:55 am

buy it and you shall never be touched by rain. you can put things in your pockets and they will probably also not be touched by rain

can-

Postby can- » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:58 am

become pack mule for the squad in wet conditions

can-

Postby ramseames » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:11 am

Those prices are too high for worn gear.

If you rly want acr you should save for it and get it because it is what it is and you won't be happy with an alternative, but I wouldn't buy unless he drops the prices some (or get it on sale for like 20% off since stores seem to be allowed to do that now).

ramseames

Postby nevergreen » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:07 am

i want a new pair of shoes, but i'm not sure what. is there anything you guys would recommend for me? i kind of want some 1461s or black boots but i'm not looking to spend a whole lot and can't find a decent deal on boots.

or a recommendation for any piece of clothing would be cool i feel like i need more pants but more tops also...

nevergreen

PreviousNext

Return to Tags