[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Mon May 18, 2015 3:09 pm

With summer coming around I want a floral shirt, I have a very particular but rather ill defined idea of what I want in one. I generally want things on the more subtle side but not so subtle you can barely make out the design, I'm also ok with bold designs if they don't use primary colours and aren't super saturated. Large, somewhat sparse prints are ideal, also long sleeves only.

Here are some prints that I dig, can anyone make some suggestions of other places to look for this sort of thing?

Paul Smith (would consider copping if it goes on sale anywhere)

DeafIdiotGod

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Mon May 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Gitman seems like it would fit the bill on paper but I find most of their designs either too saturated or too busy for my liking.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby ramseames » Mon May 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Not a big floral guy myself but soph did an overprint gingham one this season that I quite like, ss and ls

http://www.soph.net/product/2015-ss/shi ... shirt.html
http://www.soph.net/product/2015-ss/shi ... shirt.html

ramseames

Postby AmericanPie » Wed May 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Been looking for some sort of slip-on or loafer for a bit, and have been considering these MOTOs, but I'm not 100% convinced on the shape of them. Interested in hearing second opinions.

AmericanPie

Postby pk! » Thu May 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Pk! "Pok Gai," Cantonese phrase/insult for, "Go fall in the street."
I fell into the streets and missed the ground.
pk!

Postby wintyd0n0 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:16 pm

I'm going Interrailing through Europe this summer and I need some shoes to be my mainstays throughout the trip (I already have a pair of Tevas that I'm taking). I am completely stuck as for what to take as I need them to be able to be comfy and sturdy enough for over three weeks of Interrailing but possibly also to look clean enough to get away with being worn to clubs. <-- do tell me if that is impossible/ a rubbish idea
Any help is much appreciated!

wintyd0n0

Postby maj » Sun May 24, 2015 4:07 pm

unless you mean clubbing as in the yacht club and those £20 a drink trendy joints, the avg UK euro club will let you in wearing trainers unless it's some dress up night. as long as they're clean and you don't look like you're going to stab someone you're good, you're probably also good if you do look like you want to stab someone as its a trendy look rn

maj

Postby bels » Sun May 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Maj have you ever been to a club outside of Worcester.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Sun May 24, 2015 4:17 pm

I went to Windsor a few times in liquid, some guy wanted a word with me after I was dancing with his mates gf, I also pulled on another night there dressed as Clark Kent. Wokingham but that's a shit night out Tbf would not recommend. People raved about reading but to me it's a bit bait.

maj

Postby anshin » Tue May 26, 2015 2:22 am

y/n

ne travaillez jamais!
anshin

Postby wax » Tue May 26, 2015 7:32 am

hmmm yes tempting

but consider the following

wax

Postby CPV1 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

CPV1

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue May 26, 2015 5:17 pm

I wore a pair of caterpillar boots when i travelled.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby yoyobeat » Thu May 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Looking for a vertically ribbed, long, somewhat loose gray knit sweater. Sloppy rollneck preferred. Kind of like this but about thigh length on someone over 6 ft. Lighter than this gray preferred, and no darker:

Will be keeping an eye out for old yohji mens in case something like this in a light enough gray was made but wanted to put some feelers out and see if anyone had other ideas. I've found suitable rollnecks like this but the problem is that they're all way shorter than i'm looking for.

yoyobeat

Postby weqe » Fri May 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Who makes cool polos?

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby bobo77 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:35 am

or

or

bobo77

Postby frogosaurus » Sat May 30, 2015 11:49 am

want to purchase some shoes for summer that are more formal than sneakers. i.e., something that could be worn with shorts or jeans, and also airport jacket / casual blazer. not sure if it's really what i mean but something like a wedge sole derby, but more summer appropriate. wallabees maybe? idk. anyways, looking for any and all ideas at the moment. probably can't spend more than 250, but mainly just looking for some interesting options.

frogosaurus

Postby can- » Sat May 30, 2015 12:14 pm

have you heard of Stan smith

can-

Postby frogosaurus » Sat May 30, 2015 12:29 pm

non-sneakers ben i already got the stans on lock

frogosaurus

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Is there a consensus on capes? Topman have got a few at the moment, I managed to try one of them on -

I dig the concept, I dig the shape, I'm still holding out for something like this though http://i.imgur.com/uP4fvItl.jpg which is just ever elusive.

I'm tempted to cop this one though anyway... Other colours that they didn't have in store:

GREY: http://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/n ... bi=1&ps=20

RED: http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... &langId=-1

EDIT: - yeah I'm down with that, I really like the idea of being able to wear a lighter jacket/overshirt and then throw the cape over the top (much like how I did it in the picture) in spring/autumn. Its not something that I've seen often and I feel it fits nicely into the SLP aesthetic I'm trying to chase. Beyond the look of the thing I'm also worried about realistic functionality. Like today was blowing an absolute gale, I doubt the cape would hold up too well to that... #problems

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby Cowboy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:35 pm

What are the best places to look for 3/4ths type sleeves? Also, if they are like flared sleeves that would be even better.

If not, good places to look for good s/s or l/s flared shirts? I haven't found much. I'll take any price really, just looking at them is fine, but if there are sub 100 options I would appreciate those

Thanks (love)

Cowboy

Postby coldomatic » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:26 am

I'm looking for a new black belt. A fairly simple black belt with a silver buckle..Something similar to belts from ma+, Goti, Werkstatt or iolom (maybe not too crazy like iolom) but abit cheaper. Somewhere between 200 - 300$. Any suggestions would be great..
Thanks! (smiling)

I paint stuffs on other stuffs..
coldomatic

Postby haz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:24 pm

need recs, looking for some navy/black trews. cotton/chino, slim to straight fit maybe some taper but no stacking, can cuff high and wear with tevas or a relaxed shoe. preferably cheap but anything up to 100£ can do. thanks

inspo

haz

Postby bels » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:27 pm

The standard COS chino is a great fit and nice and lightweight. Never tried rolling it significantly but it works out fine otherwise.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby dull » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:58 pm

kinda broad question but where do you guys get your socks? nothing flashy just want some high white and black socks for cheap. packs of 5 would suffice

dull

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:00 pm

need recs for a good olive shirt jacket to replace my falling apart trusty H&M one.

- no m65 style pockets
- must have ≥4 pockets
- no epaulettes
- kangaroo-style pockets are a plus
- japanese brand that no one's ever heard of is a bonus/open to buying international or used
- max $150-200

harmsalmon

Postby nevergreen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:42 pm

vs

nevergreen

Postby Ques » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:41 pm

getting hot nd hevy over here before the our legcy sle tomorrow morning. these re the 6 im considering grbbin

Ques

Postby Cowboy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Thinking of buying these, but before I do, wondering if there's anything similar that I could look at? Mostly about the length, olive would be best. Pockets, no pockets not a big deal.

Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Uniqlo 3/4th cargos

Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags