[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby carraigs » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:13 pm

should i cop 1 of every item of vans x murakami for the $$$ resell?

carraigs

Postby ramseames » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Don't resell sneakers

ramseames

Postby _str » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:31 pm

my next pair of shoes:

or

_str

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:27 am

I'm thinking of copping these rick shorts. Not sure what model it is though or how they look on person. They're used so they only cost $97.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:26 pm

should i pull the trigger on this?
for winter i was thinking of layering with a uniqlo collarless ultralight down jacket under or something.
been really really wanting a leather jacket.
also anyone have any experience in terms of sizing for the UC riders? i'm usually an xs/s in everything.

hamburgerlady

Postby vice » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Do I buy another leather jacket within only months of buying my first one?

vice

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:42 pm

probably gonna sell my battenwear anorak as I just don't wear it enough; what's some cool, less "polished" looking lightweight rainwear? sub-$200 pls or at least easily found for resale

harmsalmon

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:18 pm

actually waterproof or just resistant (like i presume any battenwear jacket would be)?

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:57 am

Last edited by ramseames on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramseames

Postby sidewalk » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:36 pm

I've been out of "the game" for a bit now and am need of some basics for the upcoming F/W. What are some good coat/jacket options (or just styles in general) this year? Also curious about color schemes - are lighter colors still at the forefront (ie palewave)?

sidewalk

Postby maj » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:47 pm

in 2015 you have 3 choices

griff rhys jones circa 2008:

this cross between italian sportswear and millets is an inspiring and strong look, screams of a person who likes practicality and style. colours often limited , greens, browns, and navys but occasionally a dash of red. this is for the person who isn't afraid to get their mille miglia a little beat up as they tour the greatest cities in the world. the key to perfecting this look is to leave people unsure whether you are a fashionable person or a little lost on your way to the trail.

jacket of choice : mille miglia

facial hair: light stubble

skream circa 2001-2005:

for the skream impersonator the authenticity is key, they have a key interest in uk underground dance music but with particular affinity to late garage and early dubstep after deleting james blunt and calvin harris off their ipod just last week. they'll often be seen hanging around central with a set of tracksuit bottoms and a baggy tshirt from the latest and most revered youth forward designers, colours mainly being blue, white, grey and black.

jacket of choice: wind breaker or oversized goretex shell

facial hair: clean shaven

laurence llewelyn-bowen circa 1996-2004:

this rather more ostentatious and bougie of looks is in sharp contradiction to the other two mainstream styles, arguably the most risque and up and coming of the 3. a complete rejection of working class and manual labour endorsed as authentic by people today. here we have big lapels and even bigger collars, unbuttoned floral cuffs made from fabrics which look like they used to be your nans kitchen curtains. colours range from conservative navys and blacks all the way to summery pastels depending on occasion.

jacket of choice: trench or topcoat

facial hair: ornate, well trimmed full goatee

maj

Postby smiles » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:48 pm

This calls to me: http://shop.vejaskruszewski.com/product ... weratshirt

Heavy price though.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby sidewalk » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:01 am

Definitely a good answer, much appreciated. I should have been more descriptive, but like I said I haven't been diving into this as much as I did in the past, so I'm not really sure what to take away from it. Could you recommend any pieces in particular? Do you think something like a harrington or a basic quilted jacket from jcrew are a good enough option to not go overly formal for a college campus while simultaneously not being outdated? But when I say I want to avoid going overly formal, I'm really just looking for something I could wear with a t-shirt and jeans, or with brogues and a button down if I needed to. I enjoyed your response, I'm just asking for a dumbed down version I guess.

sidewalk

Postby maj » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:13 am

I think the suggestions you offered are timeless classics in their own right, and the pairings even more so. Very much reminds me of a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall look which almost certainly will turn heads just like his prize wining squashes. For colour pairings I would suggest a light blue with olive, maybe even a light pink if you're feeling adventurous, as long as your pallet says "I run cookery schools in between cleaning out the pig sty and you're unsure if I wash my hands" you're looking good.

For someone who has been out of "the game" for so long you certainly have a keen eye for this, and not lost all your skills on your break from "the game"!

maj

Postby nevergreen » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:52 pm

too much? or just enough

nevergreen

Postby odradek » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:03 pm

definitely very much, but also seems like a good choice for you.

odradek

Postby 3hunna » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:59 pm

dries van noten for an affordable price
not really sure what to think of the print
or this

3hunna

Postby Minkhoi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:37 pm

needles shirt

should i pull the trigger?

Ph
Minkhoi

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Wish it had a collar

ramseames

Postby 3hunna » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:57 pm

ended up getting this instead for 82 dollars. right choice?

3hunna

Postby Syeknom » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Excellent choice indeed - great print and material on that shirt. Enjoy!

Syeknom

Postby Blastoise » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Looking for something super sleek and and kind of casual (could be worn with a t shirt) like these from Saint Laurent (Lulu Richelieu)

Matte black or tan suede. Under $300, lower preferred obviously.

Blastoise

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:07 pm

I kind of want to buy an MKI wool double rider but I have a feeling it won't look good on me

RomanEmpire

Postby lotion » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:26 pm

ruco line/jean nouvel
no idea what color i want

lotion

Postby deadirishwriters » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:21 am

Considering picking up a pair of the remastered Rod Lavers. Anyone know any good proxies that'll ship from Sweden/ Denmark/ Finland to the US?

deadirishwriters

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:51 am

?

pirxthepilot

Postby errantposture » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:36 pm

I want this stupid bee necklace cause I saw other people wear it on caretags and I legit love bees, but also its giant bee on a necklace

everything is getting better but everything could be a lot better
errantposture

Postby charybdis » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 am

I've had this dress sitting in an open tab for a really long time.

link: http://finefolk.com/products/long-peasa ... 3222070660

Been wanting a loose white dress for awhile, although would probably need to get this hemmed. I'm not very tall (5'3" to that model's 6'0") so I'm a little concerned that it might overwhelm me.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Syeknom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:01 am

Loose white dress would be a good look on you! That's a really good shape/cut too. I say give it a go

Syeknom

Postby Francks » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:56 am

Yes/no this jacket from Lemaire?

Unstructured, black wool flannel (not thick flannel I assume)

Edit: actually no. I wanted this one below from Peir Wu so will wait a bit if I can get my hands on it. Or alternatively a cdg in boiled wool

Last edited by Francks on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Convergentalternatives.tumblr.com
Francks

PreviousNext

Return to Tags