[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby CMYK » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:29 am

I need black skinny jeans. But I have stupid massive sports quads. So black tapered jeans? Any other large-legged folks know of a good cut from APC, Acne, etc?

CMYK

Postby Suquida » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:31 am

These phenomenon patch jeans are apparently my size and I'm *really* tempted. People who know how I dress, I need you to tell me if this would be a good or a bad idea.

Suquida

Postby Morlin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:30 pm

navy hooded parkas? basically the gonia here minus the branding, and a little less purple if we're being picky

warm lining preferred, doesn't need to be super warm though
no crazy zippers/detailing like alpha industries either

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:08 pm

Your dries coat is the 'Ruben' I think? Did you have it altered at all? Tried the current season at liberty and the fit seemed a little odd, trim and fitted around the shoulders but then quite a lot of excess material around the lower chest/waist area. (I have broad shoulders/narrow waist so perhaps that doesn't help). They also had the acne 'Garret' which fits me better, but i prefer the material and colour of the dries. Wonder if i could just buy it and tailor..

pirxthepilot

Postby Francks » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Yes it's the ruben in navy, from last season though. I had a look at the new one in september and the wool is not sourced from the same place (valley mills by mallalieus this winter vs I don't know for mine).
Maybe they changed the fit as well since mine is still narrow around the shoulders but no much extra fabric in the waist. And yet I have a small waist in comparison to my shoulders too. I can wear 46 or 48 in most items because of that.

I've got the coat in 46 (by the way was almost thinking about selling it but for different reasons) and didn't alter it. I reckon the shoulders are quite tight. Regarding the acne I was in the same position and was hesitating between both, however quality/construction felt less good than the dries and the blue of the acne was a tad too light for me + a little more of a "square" fit compared to the dries.

It's funny cause I called liberty today for this exact coat (info needed for one friend not in the uk) and they told me it is now completely sold out!

Convergentalternatives.tumblr.com
Francks

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:25 am

thanks that's really helpful. going off on a tangent, my original plan was to have one of my helmut lang chesterfields copied by a tailor..but having had a few conversations, it seems it would be impossible to do this satisfactorily for less than (at least) a couple of thousand, which is more than i should spend atm. reminded me of geoffey b small's axiom: "Production dictates design. Always."
To anyone interested in the whole business of fashion, or even just an insight into what manufacturing has become, i strongly recommend his posts about half way down on this page:

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showth ... 32&page=38

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 am

When I saw that bolt of l24 Ventile on the bay I had similar thoughts but with one of my unlined blazers. Was similarly put off at the thought of the price though it was probably going to be less than a thousand

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:09 am

in my case i was told that a big part of the cost would be getting hold of the right quality of fabric- which has so much to do with the way the coat drapes etc. seems almost the only way is to do as geoffrey did and befriend the owners of one of the three remaining family mills in europe

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:15 am

Did you consider asking Andy.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 am

Ask Andy about clothes?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby kyung » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:09 pm

are you a friend of veroz?

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby yourdad » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Does anyone know of a coat similar to the Acne Charles coat but in a more substantive material? tried it on a while back but it felt quite thin. Mostly like the unstructured shoulders, notch lapels, and lower button stance.

yourdad

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:46 pm

can i get some thoughts on these junya boots?

mc-lunar

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:37 pm

custom slip-on vans showdown!!

and surprise contender

harmsalmon

Postby midvh » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am

Hey everyone, I looking for a long (like, really long) wool coat. Something on the more unconstructed side. Suggestions anyone?

Edit: Ideally I'd probably buy something from Lemaire, but I can't really justify spending that amount of money on a student budget.

midvh

Postby bels » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:50 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby midvh » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Oh, wow. I forgot all about that collaboration. I ordered one of those coats, even though it's kind of boring and bit too short.

Btw, since when can people from sweden order from uniqlo? Is that even something new?

midvh

Postby gustavobradley » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:18 pm

I've been kind of looking for a chunkier, less professional (compared to my Allen Edmonds) derby that I can wear casually and formally. Do I want these Geller x CPs? I think they bridge a nice enough gap between something sleek and something outwardly chunky (like docs)

edit: i was thinking of them in a fit like this one as opposed to my kenilworth's

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby gustavobradley » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:25 pm

I can't edit anymore but does anyone have any suggestions for shoes that are slightly less formal than the gellers but not as clunky as docs, etc.?

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby raags » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:53 pm

im not white

its funny

what do u think

raags
Best Dressed

Postby khayandhi » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:37 pm

maggie aitch. do I like these

Last edited by khayandhi on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
khayandhi

Postby mknro » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:42 am

Can we thank people in this thread as well?

Thanks for suggesting MHL boots! Went in to Margaret Howell and saw the cool shop people looking cool in their cool boots. Went to MHL to properly check them out and ended up ordering my size online. The monkey boots were even cooler tbh but I wouldn't have pulled them off. Trying to convince the sister to get them instead

mknro

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 am

I'm dead interested in the monkey boots, you'll have to post pictures if she gets them!

Also post pictures of your Cool Boots (in the foot looks thread)!

Syeknom

Postby oucho » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:12 am

My mum has MHL monkey boots, not the greatest pic unfortunately

oucho

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:35 am

MHL monkey boots are made for them by Solovair, who also offers their own monkey boots. I've been looking at them for a minute now. The only obvious visual distinctions between the two are that the MHL boots have black welt stitching as opposed to the white of the Solovairs, they come with round laces as opposed to flat, and the pull tabs are shorter and are solid black. They are somewhere around 150USD more expensive. Has anyone handled both? I'd assume they must use different leather.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby bels » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Oucho your mum looks charming and all but I don't think those are monkey boots.

Unless I'm mistaken the thing that makes monkey boots monkey boots is the really small toe and the way the lacing goes all the way down.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby errantposture » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:21 pm

I really wanted a pair of monkey boots and this thread seems very much in favor. So Solovair seems like the place to go then right?

everything is getting better but everything could be a lot better
errantposture

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:21 pm

Nah I saw them first you have to wait until I save enough to buy them then you can buy them

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Morlin » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 pm

vintage brand recs for geometric cotton/cotton blend sweaters? Stuff like this but darker colors

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby mknro » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:41 pm

thinking bout getting these trousers by Folk, but they're actually part of a suit, and that's putting me off(and they look less cool there). Is that weird?

Also, any trousers like these (the way they look in pic 1), also not in grey would be good too.

mknro

PreviousNext

Return to Tags