[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby Copeland » Sun May 08, 2016 4:54 am

Looking to buy some clothes after selling most of what I had sans footwear. Tried but couldn't do no-ko. I've pretty much settled on wearing black jeans all the time which excludes anything that doesn't go with black jeans. Not interested in specific aesthetics that require multiple pieces to pull off. Was thinking of getting some cool tshirts and raf response trails/sockdarts for the summer. Looked through some streetwear shops but everything was either too expensive or not good looking. What are some decently priced streetwear brands with cool designs and preferably longer cut tshirts? I know that's probably too general, just looking for tastefully designed stuff, no branding, random model's faces, obscure bands, quotes are okay if they're cool, don't like CE, Supreme. And also, what are the best looking non stans rafadidases?

Copeland

Postby Copeland » Mon May 09, 2016 4:31 pm

@Lorcan that's kind of what I'm looking for though not feeling the SS16 designs. What are some other options, basically that, not standard streetwear whatever but goes with Rafadidases. So like abstract/artistic prints. Mathew Miller?

Copeland

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu May 12, 2016 11:35 pm

who makes biker/motocross-detail pants (denim or otherwise) other than balmain, bellstaff, og lang and dries? just wondering what's out there

EDIT lol what's with the hate for biker detailing? like sure slp/represent/balmain are hyped-up trash but it's not an inherently shitty concept. lang and dries have done it pretty well

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby shyan » Sun May 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Colorful baggy women's suits?

Could easily be men's suits. For a friend.

shyan

Postby 106-2 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:49 pm

Looking for a messenger bag, 20-25L capacity(ish)

for a point of reference, the one I'm considering currently is this Manhattan Portage joint

For the Colour

interior pic

this is £90, ideally I wouldn't go any above that

thank you and for the suggestion, liking the look of this one a lot

106-2

Postby Copeland » Tue May 31, 2016 7:42 am

Graphic Tees. Which ones do I get if I have to pick 4-5.

RO:

CE:

Braindead:

The front is blank with a chest pocket

UC

Comes in Black/White/Blue

Maison Kitsune:

Roundel London:

Kiriko:

Edit: What's wrong with the Kitsune?

Copeland

Postby Spaceman » Tue May 31, 2016 10:52 pm

Looking around for a chore coat or work coat, any ideas that won't break the bank too much? Preferably a thinner, unlined jacket. Thanks for any suggestions. (smiling)

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby taylorswift » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:08 pm

yellow/orange sneaker ideas? was looking at those one star suede cons and some new balance 300s but can't seem to find any in a 9

taylorswift

Postby Copeland » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Thoughts on this Veilance Mionn IS blazer? I like Veilance but this one looks too much like a button down when buttoned up. Can be styled differently though.

Copeland

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:27 pm

looks more like a weird coaches jacket to me

BIGBEE

Postby bels » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:35 pm

the other blazers are better but they cost more so idk

bels
Yung Winona

Postby evilfriends » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:47 am

I want to buy a jacket that looks cool, has a nice hood and will protect me from german rain (which is special because of how light, yet persistant it is). A parka would be great I think.

In the spoiler I'll link some jackets I like, it'll be mostly undercover though. Ideally I'd wanna buy some Visvim goretex stuff but my wallet isn't ready yet... I can spend up to 400€. Just looking for general pointers as to where to look right now, I've been scouting rak and yahoojp for White Mountaineering, Junya Watanabe and Nanamica lately but no luck. I really like prints

evilfriends

Postby leslie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:45 pm

nah

Last edited by leslie on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/
leslie

Postby mknro » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:14 pm

I've made up a shoe I want, don't know where from but can't really find anything like what I mean

For 3 years now I've mainly just worn CPs as my sneakers. Want to replace them but can't find any sneakers that I like.

Looking for solid colour (Black or possibly white pref.), like CP achilles but squarer and taller. Like Eytys but less platformy and slightly squarer. Not looking for sporty looking shoes, so no Asics, NB, Adidas, things like that. Possibly going for a slightly skatier jizz, in my head they'd be Japanese looking, mixed with some London/Bristol. Ann D would be alright if they were fuller shaped and less expensive. Budget would be around £300 max.

So Black, square, boxy but not too wide, Japanesey, not sporty looking sneakers

This is possibly an impossible request but any idea even remotely close to what I'm describing or even brands to look at would be so incredibly appreciated.

mknro

Postby mknro » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Those Vans are cool in that I always like them when I see them on other people, but wouldn't really suit me and would like ones a bit cleaner looking. Eytys really are the closest to what I'd like just I don't like the clear sole/body difference in them, and wish the 'body' part was slightly taller to match the sole part as well if that makes any sense. Also feel like their texture is on the boring side

Edit: Comme des Garcons are sort of like them but I hate the eyelets and they might be slightly fatter than I mean. Am I just being too picky?

Edit: the Unifs are too toothpaste/lollipoppy for me, going in the opposite direction from what I'd want tbh, thanks for the tip tho, girl I'm seeing would probably love some of these
Edit: yep Image

mknro

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:03 pm

if you're looking for eyty-balmoral type sneakers since you mention eytys might be closest to what you want:

the newest vans vault og authentic lx have a subtly higher foxing than standard authentics, and the shape is also slightly different, a lot like the eg vans slipon shape.

doek oxford sneakers have really good texture since you seemed to be interested, but they are less of a boxy shape and a somewhat sharper in the toe box. the sole is also more substantial, but not platform-y like eytys might be. also really fuckin hard to get ahold of outside of japan it seems.

(as a slight extension to the doek): moonstar might be easier to get ahold of, and they also do a shoe that is similar to the doek oxford. they're all made in the kurume factories anyway, but the shape and fabric might be slightly different. not sure completely though, i've never seen this style of moonstar shoe in person

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby mknro » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:30 pm

replies so far have been good. And some really cool things I'd never hear of and thanks a lot guys for putting in the time! Still not exactly what I'm after though. They don't have to be vans/Eytys like.

In my head they're actually not really Vans-like at all. In my head they're weird though, they're matte black, fairly thick soles, and then just cubes that go straight up from the sole. Obviously that makes no sense and I don't actually want cubes on my feet, but to give you an idea of what I'm picturing

Edit: currently thinking of just settling for Eytys, these to be exact

Bit less exciting than I was hoping for though tbh

mknro

Postby Copeland » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 am

Thoughts on black derby with broguing?

Copeland

Re: Opportunity Costs

Postby freddy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Last edited by freddy on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
freddy

Postby windowflowers » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:42 pm

what's the cheapest not shit belt a boy can get?

have this blue canvas sk8r belt that's fine for holding up my pants when it's not visible, but for if I wanna tuck in my shirt or somethin

windowflowers

Postby Copeland » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:11 am

Sorry for sales season spam.

Need to get a wedding gift for the bride, I don't know her well, she's Korean and works in news media. Pretty sure they (the couple) are into or have designer stuff so I figure a bag or wallet would be pretty safe. No idea what to look for so I just browsed sales till I found a couple. I don't know anything about bags. Open to other suggestions.

Sophie Hulme, never heard of her, googled her and she seems alright:

Lemaire:

Jil Sander Envelope, is this practical? Seems like it doesn't hold a lot of stuff without it looking bulky and you have to carry it everywhere, also kinda just looks like a laptop bag:

Jil:

Dries bifold, it looks nice but is men's, and it's really small:

Dries:

Bags are really expensive.

Please don't make me ask on purseforum.

Edit: Given I don't know what she likes I thought a minimally designed accessory would be safe, and white because it's for a wedding. I really can't think of gifting anything else that would show I put thought behind it, they don't have a registry.

Copeland

Postby sknss » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Just give them some cash

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby posh_somme » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:47 pm

i'm after some casual wide-ish legged cropped trousers, kind of like these Y's ones but not with such a big dropped crotch i guess? is yohji my best bet?

posh_somme

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Does anyone own a pair of orlebar brown Bulldogs? Need to quickly stock up on vacation essentials and I'm spying a pair on sale but can't figure out sizing. Some stuff say they run big because of the side tab adjusters, others say size up if in between sizes.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby pirxthepilot » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:08 am

Mine are TTS, they fit fine

edit: only purchased in extremis, my walter van bierondonck neoprone were stolen from a beach cabana in Praia de Itacoatiara

pirxthepilot

Postby _Organism » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:55 pm

anybody know of a good retro-ish vegan sneaker? I really like nb crt300s but I'm not crazy about the suede.

_Organism

Postby YoungCanoeist » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:30 pm

should i or should i not

YoungCanoeist

Postby YoungCanoeist » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:32 pm

I'm surprised at the overwhelmingly positive responses! I got it. There's a couple other interesting items too, does kindal lower prices over time?

YoungCanoeist

Postby Ques » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 am

I've wanted this in the back of my head ever since it came out and it just showed up on grailed in my size

all I ever want to do is wear long coats, and I especially like wearing flowers and ostentatious things, so this seems perfect for me. But I already own two perfectly good winter coats and don't really have an excuse to buy another... what would I even wear with this??

Ques

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:42 am

where can i find a plain white boxy T, something like this but maybe a bit longer/ boxier? yohji does one but dont want to pay £££ for something i know will turn grey after a couple of washes

pirxthepilot

PreviousNext

Return to Tags