[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby bels » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:45 am

COS? that one brand on lncc with a name like... homespace.. or... normcore or something? Loophome?

edit: Fanmail

Actually every tshirt on lncc looks like that

Other shop own brand also has a boxy tee

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm looking for a pair of light gray pants that fit loose with a slight taper, with some texture (but not of the wooly or sweatpants kind, more like distressed), less than $220. Bonus points for additional subtle visual interest on the front such as fatigue-style pockets or pleats. Here is a good example of what I'm going for, except not $400 and not so skinny at the ankles.

If you happen to see something like that, hmu I would be very happy!

Bonobonobo

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:37 pm

thanks, always find cos tees flimsy and oddly-cut.
i actually bought some fanmail trousers that looked loose on the ln-cc model and when they arrived they were painted-on skinny (pretty sure i sized up too). so i think they've blown their chance.
other shop own brand seems a good idea.

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:05 pm

bunch of M&S Autograph tshirts here as well whilst you're at it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/lay1969/m.htm ... 7675.l2562

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:36 pm

was it the fanmail gusset pants you got from ln-cc? i was gonna get them 'cos the fit looks decent on the

rublev
Political Editor

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:20 pm

i think the guy on the site is just tiny. i got the large (i'm normally a medium, 32" waist) and they were uncomfortably tight esp in the calves. like tighter at the bottom than a pair of uniqlo skinny jeans. might work better on you, i do a lot of sport.

yes :-)

pirxthepilot

Postby Ques » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:12 pm

OL glasses are on sale, ive always fancied them. is there a much cheaper and nice alternative i don't know about? are these a waste of 80 euro? i remember theese looking very good on me. sadly i lost the picture

also i just realized i only have two pairs of shoes and they're both white (adidas campus 80s and af1s) and both falling apart rapidly. does anyone who knows what kind of clothes i wear have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe some of those black and gold and white sambas

Ques

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:50 am

Si/Sib this tite kenzo cord coat for a steal

e: Nvm i am weak and bought

harmsalmon

Postby WalrusParty » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 am

I have been searching for a pair of trousers with a similar silhouette like these from Yohji for god knows how long but it appears cheap alternatives are hard to by. My price range was originally <$150 but I'm feeling really grim that this is pretty unreasonable. :-|

WalrusParty

Postby bels » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:41 am

COS or other-shop seem the best bets

If you don't mind going really cheap mkistore have something that might work.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:15 am

yes best options at that price are cos 'relaxed fit'
http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Archive/Rel ... .1#c-22755
or other shop 'edward' trousers- slightly wider hems on these but you could easily taper.

pirxthepilot

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:26 pm

First edition uniqlo Lemoore had a pant that looked like that one

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:28 pm

BIGBEE

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:34 pm

ach, i like this look atm but feel like every east london fashun/instagram clone is wearing drapey qlomaire/acne coat. come winter i'll just go back to margiela/lang

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Altering the proportions of your top coat and black trousers may not make you stand out as much as you think it will

bels
Yung Winona

Postby JewTurk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Recs for cheap, sub $100 maybe, raw denim jacket? I was eyeing a Imogene + Willies wilkins jacket but it doesn't seem to be sold anymore.

JewTurk

Postby Bonobonobo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:25 pm

1.Image

2.Image

3.Image

which is your fave and do you think it's a poseur thing to wear these when I don't really care about Hello Kitty and just like the idea of a Hello Kitty x UC collab?

Bonobonobo

Postby haz » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:23 pm

can any1 rec some trousers that fit like this and

i dont wanna cuff - im a 31w 32l if it helps

e: @windowflowers i think dickies might be a bit too heavy for what i want

haz

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:17 pm

What do you want

From these pics it looks like you want dickies

Supreme work pants are good. too better pocket layout and fabric than dickies . Im wearing some right now.

E: pic don't normally wear them cuffed but it's summer and bikes

I beat them up pretty bad (fixing bike, walking in the woods etc) and they hold up great

BIGBEE

Postby trasparenti » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:48 pm

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby soko » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Any recs for a nice plain tobaccoy brown corduroy blouson? Under 200 canadian, preferably.

soko

Postby haz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:38 pm

haz

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:13 pm

looks good. the more workwear-ish comme pants also fit like that but i generally have to cuff with them because of hem flare.

pirxthepilot

Postby Bonobonobo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks for the awesome recs trasparenti! Unfortunately I can't use them because I just bought a pair of Attachment pants. They're deeply pleated and have a belt cos they're huge. I'll probably post a pic once they get here.

Bonobonobo

Postby Copeland » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:04 pm

So I've been saving up since I saw the collection for this parka. But it's been so long and I've having doubts, I like the artist (Michaël Borremans), but I'm beginning to think that I'd feel weird wearing it and end up selling on Grailed for half when it's sitting in my closet and I need money. Please enable.

Copeland

Postby vgtbls » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:33 pm

vgtbls

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:33 am

not like i need another coat so had talked myself into playing 'bela roulette' with this Marni (wait for sale, leave oneself open to daily anxiety/disappointment), but one stockist has already sold out ITS STILL AUGUST FFS. so... grey or blue?

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:41 am

Should i re buy the PWVC ventile harrington that I got too big for? One is avails in the size up for a "good price"

Or should I just let it go? What's done is done? The past is a foreign country? Do I really need another jacket? Should I instead buy something woollen with directional design that won't work on the bike and thus never get worn?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:05 am

Pros:
- Prada will get +rep from care tags influences like oucho and germinal
- Pockets lack fasteners so can slouch with hands in pockets
- Can wear with prada trousers and prada shirt for powerful brand synergy ranking
- Contains elastane for "improved bike ergonomics"

Cons:
- Probably overpriced if we're honest
- Ironically "ugly retro" design that only becomes elevated to "cool and hip" when worn by someone with suitable wealth signifiers is a bad concept.
- The bit that isn't elastane is polyester which smells horrible on me

OR

Pros
- Fit is probably more contemporary than PRADA
- Not cotton
- Have actually tried it on and can confirm I like it

Cons
- Fit is probably more contemporary than PRADA

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:11 am

that prada check is way nicer, whistles one just looks like some tumblrjack print. if they're same price i'd go for the prada and if the prada is more than the whistles i'd get neither.

maj

PreviousNext

Return to Tags