[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby yoyobeat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:45 pm

$300 on eBay... I'm a little worried it might be slightly too small, and it's way more expensive than what I'd usually pay, but it's a beautiful coat.

yoyobeat

Postby absurdmind » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:12 am

ah i know its zara but its also dark, textured, and affordable. im not looking to invest in bifl items right now anyways, but i need charcoal textured trousers, thoughts?

http://www.zara.com/ca/en/man/trousers/ ... 88532.html

absurdmind

Postby bels » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:08 am

You will be very disappointed.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:32 am

^ best (affordable) dark textured trousers i've found are the +J flannel. similar in cut to the schneider ones i own, at a fraction of the price.

pirxthepilot

Postby oucho » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:46 pm

I did a shoot for a swedish magazine a couple of weeks ago, one of the looks had a Baracuta jacket, I felt ultra cool wearing it and now I REALLY want one, specifically this one: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/bar ... 20504.html

despite the stylist telling me that they are going to be really big for the next two seasons I'm pretty sure they've already happened, or re-happened, or never went away, in England and I always feel suspicious of buying anything that's popular because they develop lives of their own, like I used to like roshes and now I don't because I've seen too many of them and too many gross ones, I didn't mind huaraches now I don't like them for the same reason, flannel shirts just make me think of fresher's week, WHAT DOES CARETAGS SAY???

oucho

Postby RomanEmpire » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Anybody know where I can get a white anorak? MKI kinda had one but it sold out and it was kinda translucent

RomanEmpire

Postby JewTurk » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:36 pm

http://kithnyc.com/products/clarks-dese ... boot-black

Kind of think I found my ideal slim black boots. Sadly can't find the all black colorway in my size (7). That place is the only one I can find in all black that is even close to my size (7.5) but I'm not sure if its worth being off a half size...

e:
This listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-womens-wmns ... 2596b72d98 is a womens size 9 which would be a mens 7... Not sure if there would be any difference or if the shoes are technically unisex.

JewTurk

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:57 pm

I only sized down a half size on my wallabees and they fit pretty well, shouldn't be too big of an issue. Might be a bit roomy, but doable

RomanEmpire

Postby KLF » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:08 pm

gonna buy an apron soon, interested in a hedley & bennett. does anyone have any experience w/ them? are they worth the price/do they hold up to intense use?

considering this one...

http://shop.nalatanalata.com/products/d ... -squid-ink

KLF

Postby JewTurk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:39 am

http://assets1.grailed.com/uploads/phot ... 6c_2F.jpeg

$125, worth?

I found some jackets on etsy with the same german descriptor for sub $50... It says "echtes leder" which would presumably be "real leather".

JewTurk

Postby KLF » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 am

ok guys i need assistance!! i have a budget of $400 to work with and am looking to expand my wardrobe/tastes a bit. obviously i could drop that money on stuff i've been eyeing for a bit, but i thought it might be more interesting if other people gave me input/guidance. i don't have any sort of designer preference/loyalty really so i'm open to anything for the most part.

also worth noting, i'm 5'11"/180cm tall or so, M/L build (~85kg), and ~32"-34" pant size with 32" inseam. i don't have the means to get accurate measurements at the moment unfortunately, so at worst just assume a size up. here's my nuji as some sort of outline of what i like/what i wear: http://www.nuji.com/theotoxin

KLF

Postby bels » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:21 am

If you don't know what to buy, buy nothing is always my advice.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby austo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:41 pm

My old belt (something from Macys a year or two back I think) is disintegrating on me. I want something brown that will last me years.
Safest choice I've been probably Ewing Dry Goods, plain natural leather that will wear in.

But what do you guys think about belts with any kind of adornments on them. Too gaudy? Pics of some stuff I've looked at below

austo

Postby ballast » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:42 pm

so recent events (mostly my girlfriend complaining) have revealed to me a rather large gap in my wardrobe. i have a lot of semi-formal/formal tailoring that i wear to work, nice events like weddings, sad events like funerals, etc. and i have super casual stuff (tshirts, jeans) but nothing inbetween to fit the "smart casual" sort of wear my girlfriend wants me to wear when we go out, or when i go out to a nicer bar (i frequent dive bars), or slightly upscale dinner, or just a nice day out with friends to nice places.

the two sides are very different in feel.
in the first category, i mostly wear stuff like schneider, peir wu, mmm.
in the second, its mostly a mishmash of random things that i pick up randomly, a lot of muji and uniqlo, kirkland signature tshirts (don't judge me, they're super nice), some niche, random pieces of brands like phenomenon, cdg. apparently this is my japanese stuff.

anyways, i'm looking for something inbetween, wondering if you guys have any recommendations for this in-between area, i generally prefer the stuff in the first category, but would love to be able to bridge this gap and have not been a bit stumped.

ballast

Postby can- » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm

just combine the two son, casual and formal are fake constructs of society designed to keep you down my man

can-

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:04 pm

i wouldve said that peir/schneider/mmm is perfect 'smart casual' attire, that's what i wear to like art openings, restaurants etc.

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Maybe you need a bit of a "GQ" wardrobe with unstructured italian blazers and spread collar shirts that you tuck into textured chinos?

I feel like it's always useful to have a bit of that going on in the background in case you have to meet someone's parents or go on a first date or something.

Can do it all at Gap or J.Crew or whatever.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:55 pm

It's getting cold so

Been eyeing this OL scarf but it's like 90 euros or something. Thoughts on this scarf and anyone have any similar alternatives? I don't imagine a paisley scarf is an uncommon item.

Maybe it's because it's sold out on their store but the other colourway is p dope too, anyone know if this is available anywhere else? Similar alternatives would also be cool.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Ques » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:57 pm

been itching for the first one for months now! if i buy a scarf this season at all it'll be that one for sure. checked it out in person and the material is really nice, not scratchy and kind of bubbly in a way? colour is nice and subdued, and looks warm, and it's BIG which is a big must for me, i think 5'x2'.

Ques

Postby popcorn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 pm

My favorite pair of pants are my straight-fit navy non-iron pants from the Gap two seasons ago.

I was thinking the Bonobos "Weekday Warriors" are the most viable alternative.

Looking at the evergreen color.

Do any other brands make pants like these in a slim-straight khaki, olive, or light gray color?

popcorn

Postby chadnik » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:59 am

soliciting opinions on two things:

these MMM heels from Yoox (do I have enough chunky pumps? can one ever have enough chunky pumps?), and

this silk Isabel Marant scarf that I slept on last year and recently popped up on the 'bay

chadnik

Postby ramseames » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:28 am

pants pants pants

i have 2 pairs of khaki/beige/light brown pants right now; luxire cargos (which i kinda hate at this point and will probs donate) and Unis gios (which are charming but i hardly wear and will likely just hold on to for smartcasual purposes). I want good pair

criteria

-doesn't have to be a ~technical~ fabric but definitely needs a bit of stretch. no denim.

-probably no dwr either

-no joggers/elasticated cuffs. fuck joggers. I'm ambivalent about ankle zips at the moment.

-cut is probably gonna be somewhat but not crazily slim. not tapered super hardcore. probably not just cut like a normal chino either. ie no outliers

-can be but doesn't have to be cargos. unusual pocket layouts are cool

-not cropped. inseam of like 33.5" at least

I wear pants from wm/SI 6+ days a week right now, but neither of them are doing anything i really like in a khaki this season. soph has one or 2 nice things but won't be long enough, ditto for nanamica. looked into crayburn but the only bottoms i see on his webstore are joggers (why chris). Veilance would be the easy choice (khaki voronois have been done before) but everything this season is various shades of grey.

budget is say < $500 but not a hugely important factor. recs would be immensely appreciated.

cheers!

I don't fit EG pants/I don't think those are really what I'm after as far as fabric content goes. thanks though bro

ramseames

Postby quad » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:16 pm

quad

Postby ramseames » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:25 pm

The cut isn't really ideal. The top block is a bit tighter than it should be (their fault) and I went pretty aggro with the measurements so whole lower leg could be a little bigger (my fault not theirs). This is as much a change in my own opinion on how I want things to look as anything to be fair.

Also the fabric washes/dries really poorly, like they always end up with all the pocket flaps scrunched and folded and generally looking uggo (and I don't iron stuff).

ramseames

Postby kill-9 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:00 am

found a pair of cp derby shines left in my size. only got olive chinos and black jeans for them, good enough?

what else could I wear with them? I just know shirts, sweatshirts, and wool trousers.

they look sick, might not be for me :\

kill-9

Postby quad » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:03 pm

looking for 2 coats. a camel/khaki AND in a textured gray like donegal, long coata or in a funky pattern. one for heavy winter, one lighter. duffle, trench, overcoat, mac style etc. Want something decently unique though so not just ordinary qlo or w.e. I'm having trouble finding anything in a price range that i like.

Coats that get rotation currently and last winter:
~WWM boone parka, good for cold weather but not too cold
~vintage north face 3 in 1 for SUPER COLD negative degrees F-Navy
~patagonia torrent for rain(would like a mac here)- black
~ OL parka 20-50 degrees F - olive

I want one to be lighter, mostly for rain and weather from freezing to 50 degrees F. probably in an overcoat or mac style, but needs to be on the more casual end. would like to have slit pockets, no patch. one slit chest pocket would be preferable. wool or synthetic.

Other one heavy for sub freezing temps. Probably wool. Looked at the +j duffle but not a fan of the greys texture. unique details and a plethora of pockets are a plus. the WWM camo gets mostly daily wear in winter, would prefer to have a second cool coat for rotation.

price range: preferably under $300 each, could change depending on how cool a piece is. size L(chest 42 in) and around 33 in long minimum if on the second hand market. if i can pick it up at context clothing its even more of a plus.

quad

Postby JewTurk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Anyone ever owned these/heard anything about them?

http://www.gramshoes.com/shoes/420g/420 ... ton-canvas

JewTurk

Postby smiles » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:05 pm

in the market for something like this, both of them are pretty cheap and 'good quality' i guess. Both look kind of lame from the photos but i'm hoping they'd be nicer in person??

layer-0 size 10 (270 usd)

devoa size 10.5 (200usd)

or just say whatever and get this (shamefully i don't have a casual jacket and i really want one):

yaeca (350 usd)

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:42 am

Going hard on the yaeca I see. What's the deal with them? Are they like affordable japanese margot hole?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:03 pm

sort of yeah. fits in the same of nondescript single colour, comfy fit style.

brands (from what I can tell)
Yaeca
MHL
Universal Products
Mountain Research
Digawel
Hender Scheme
NB
Nanamica
Unused (sometimes)

apparently a deadpan stare is also a key accessory

草地跑過的腳印