[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby oucho » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:22 pm

oucho

Postby swampblood » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Recs on beanies for people with smaller heads (only experience is w/ Carhartt which envelope me) Not looking to spend a ton (~$35)

swampblood

Postby dakaf_fal » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Looking for some high waisted trouser recommendations. I want a loose top block and upper leg with moderate taper towards the hem. Fishtail waistband preferred, this sort of extra material above the belt loops ideal. Pleats optional. I want something with some structure, not a pair of formless sack pants, but not overly formal either.

dakaf_fal

Postby Morlin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:21 am

where do I buy a completely black (waterproof) anorak
legitimately can't find one without some kind of marking

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby worknights » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:27 am

anyone have suggestions on shoes that go with olive trousers? (the olive relaxed fit gosha trousers to be specific) preferably under $100ish

ig: cavallifurs
worknights

Postby complete » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:59 am

complete

Postby une_impasse » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:39 pm

une_impasse

Postby bels » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 am

On the hunt for a new black jumper. Needs to be black, thin and not have heavy ribbing so I can easily wear a long sleeve t shirt under it and not have the hem interfere, so more like a long sleeve black merino wool tshirt than a jumper.

No smocks.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby prairial » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:14 am

Searching for a new belt as my old one's falling apart. Don't want any of this dead animal business and it should be black.

Where can I get one made of webbing with the D ring thing?

prairial

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:17 pm

whats the d ring thing

BIGBEE

Postby Spaceman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Thinking about getting some Vans slip ons, probably white. Do you suppose leather white slips would look worse (especially when beat up) than canvas white slip ons. Opening Ceremony has vault ones for $45 and free shipping. Really tempted to get them over the canvas.

Edit: I think I've decided to pay the extra $15 for the canvas vaults.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby Ques » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:03 pm

anyone have one of these? i need a suitcase

sorry it's the muji suitcase line

Ques

Postby Spaceman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:21 am

I'm interested in some loose flowy cotton pants like some yohji ones, but maybe ones that I can get for a bit less to see if I wear them. The struggle of being bigger is a pain in finding sizes that would fit me. Anyone have any ideas?

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby shar pei » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:29 am

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby exprof » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:20 pm

speaking of suitcases, anyone got recommendations for a tiny carry on one? needs to be 22x16x8 hm...

exprof

Postby quiet_beggar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:47 am

alright guys, i'm on the fence about this one.
i want to purchase a pair of margiela gats but not sure to get the lows or mids. opinions??

(this colorway btw, and ofc the same for lows)

and also does anyone know how these run? i had a pair of the triple straps way back and i sized down to a 42(9) and they were a little snug. figured they would fit the same cause its pretty much the same shoe? just making sure. i measure 9.5 on brannock and all my CPs are 42.

quiet_beggar

Postby complete » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:34 am

I seem to purchase random articles of clothing because of how I like the look, fabrics, how it sits on me, the color, the price, but I hardly ever stop and think to myself "Hey, how will this fit into any current outfits I wear?"

How do I stop doing this?

complete

Postby nope » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:23 am

Depends on why you want to change your purchasing habits. If you want to switch to buying things that fit into your current outfits as a way to reduce your consumption in general, and you think that approach will help you achieve that goal then check out and good luck.

If you plan to buy just as much stuff but focus on "cohesive outfits" then I would recommend becoming a boring person with tedious priorities. The look, fabric, and fit of things are infinitely superior reasons to purchase cool shit than the fact you think it'll probably match some shoes you already own.

nope

Postby blanket » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:05 am

i feel one falls in love with "random" items of clothing for reasons, even if those reasons may not be conscious or obviously logical. i find developing cohesive style in a very planned and considered way has never really worked for me. this is because what i think i ought to like is often completely different from what i actually like or need. if there is any sort of cohesive style, it came about as a result of engaging repeatedly with things i enjoyed wearing. the things i enjoy wearing often share common characteristics, characteristics that i may or may not have been consciously looking for.
a caveat: if you don't have much space, or you travel a lot, or you have a job that requires you to present yourself in certain ways, perhaps you might not have the luxury of letting a cohesive style develop organically from buying things you enjoy.

when you are putting together outfits and you feel like you are Missing something, whether it be an extra jumper because it is a bit colder than you expected or a bright fun jacket because your outfit feels a bit dull, write a note. eventually you will get a clearer idea of your needs and wants. you can use the notes to look for items that fulfil missing parts of outfits instead of trying things on at random.

take photos of things you fall in love with when you try them on but you don't want to buy so you can in a way keep them. this will lessen the pain of parting. you can enjoy and appreciate an item without having to own it. it also means you can come back to the photos in your own time and decide if you really want to get the item of clothing.

imagine yourself in all the outfits you will wear with the new clothing, doing all the things you usually do. does this make you feel a thrill of anticipation? even if you can only think of a couple of outfits, if you really really enjoy those couple of outfits you will return to them time and time again, so being unable to imagine lots and lots of ways to wear the item isn't always something that should stop you from buying. i think the important thing is thinking about how the item fits into your life.

compare this item of clothing to something you already own that fulfils a similar function (e.g. the Cool Hoodie, the Warm Winter Jacket). when you are getting dressed, will there be times you'll choose to put this item on instead of choosing what you already have?

check the care tag and see if you have to dry clean or hand wash or bless with holy water while walking three times widdershins in a circle or do anything bovversome to maintain the item.

if you can return to a store, make a habit of not buying the first time you try something on. the clothes will stick around for a while (unless they have a little red logo with the word supreme on them. and even then). if it sells out before you've come back then you didn't want it that badly. anyway, there will always be another item of clothing you will meet in the future that is just as lovely to you.

if you find you forget about an item of clothing after you find the next new interesting item, the first item of clothing was really not that interesting.

if you found an item that is usually $200 but is currently on 50% off, you are not saving $100. you are spending $100.

avoid shopping when you're feeling hungry or feeling empty or feeling the need to fill up a hole in your life.

blanket

Postby bels » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:58 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby saveed_samir » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:29 am

saveed_samir

Postby worknights » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:29 am

im looking to get a new hat, not a beanie as i have two that i wear pretty heavily in rotation, but more so like a regular cap. something with a bit of structure and not like a "dad hat" and also under $40 (i know im asking for a lot lol) any suggestions?

ig: cavallifurs
worknights

Postby anth » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:03 am

i just bought this cdg blazer

first time actually trying to wear something like this, need some shoe and pant recommendations to pair with it, pls help my loves

i have a pair of dark dark grey slimish/straight trousers already, white eytys and doc 1461 monos are my main shoes atm as well, hope that helps

don't have it in yet so can't really :* will for sure once i have it in hand though, and white pants are a good idea, need to look around for a nice pair, just bought some black cdg pants to go along with it as well so hopefully that works out well. good point, will probably still with these two for now and maybe look around for something similar in a different color maybe. thank u all! (love)

Last edited by anth on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
anth

Postby fen » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Any recs on affordable (<$150) techy raincoats? Somehow managed to live in Portland for 5 years without a waterproof. Was cycling through freezing rain last night and really questioning how I got to this point. Picture is my ideal.

fen

Postby anth » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:46 am

yeah i really like blazers w cropped pants and shorts as well, always has look v good to me. will have to play around with that combination, just need to get a pair of cropped pants now that aren't patterned, thanks for the contribution! (love)

i own some goofy pants with a skirt does that count??

anth

Postby fen » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Yeah, I'm living in NE atm. Mostly love it here, but god the Winters are really starting to get to me - this one esp. has really been pushing it's luck. You like it here?

(Thanks for the dope jacket recs all)

fen

Postby haz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:34 pm

i want to get some nanamica wind pants but im from the uk. the beige ones aren't on end, and that seems like the only place to have the new season. am i out of luck or can i somehow order from their japan site?

haz

Postby complete » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Yeah, see I understand what everyone is saying but here's the scenario:

Just hanging out being myself when all of a sudden, oh, what's this? (Article of clothing that I fell in love with in a store but didn't buy because it doesn't go with anything I own and couldn't justify buying with my current income) has popped up on my local buy and sell group for a steal even though it looks almost unworn

Moments later, all thought of why I don't need it and can't justify spending money on it has long left my mind and I am paypaling someone who I've never met or will ever meet a sum of money which would have otherwise went towards life

It's like an addiction

to jawnz

complete

Postby complete » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:23 pm

complete

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:53 am

Who makes a trench like the Supreme Work Trench? I really like the cut and style of it but I don't want to pay resale for one. Must come in black.
Edit. I'd like to try and get something around $200 or less if possible.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

PreviousNext

Return to Tags