[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby b4my » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:43 am

olderbrother's great! went to their nyc pop up a few days ago and chatted with the guys who run it, they're really nice. it's def a little pricey for what it is - the fabrics are nothing too special but the cuts and dye jobs are great, and its all sustainable and ethical and all that jazz. if it's calling your name i say go for it.

b4my

Postby posh_somme » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 am

i can’t for the life of me find a mustard coloured knit turtleneck for sale anywhere that isn’t asos. any ideas? either new or used is fine

posh_somme

Postby bels » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

Reiss or Ted Baker might have something

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mknro » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:56 pm

shit shit shit I'm rather very screwed.

Been so busy with a deadline that I haven't bought clothes for a big 3-4 day wedding thing this weekend in the southern hemisphere.

Desperately need to find and express ship order the following:

A pair of shorts. Don't have a single viable pair. Preferably looking for something like MHL's last year:

They don't have anything like that this year. Tres-bien had something similar last year but again not this year. Other-shop has a similar enough Fanmail pair but only in L, and I'm an S-M in trousers/shorts. Anyone know anything similar currently available? So lineny or at least soft and unstructured, elasti cwaistband or drawstring. I liked the charcoal colour, but any other neutral colours would be cool too. just nothing too colourful or too dark and I'd be so happy

Next I need a smart shirt that I can wear in a casual way for the wedding itself. Kinda looking for a white or other light, solid colour with a square oversized fit and square bottom. Think I might be able to sort this through OL though (Lemaire had one I wanted but forget to check for it in sales)

Also any sort of casual jacket thing for over a box-fit smart shirt that I can wear with either my dark navy baggy linen chinos, or either a dark blue wide-legged or more tapering pair of trousers that I already own.

Main thing is shorts and jacket though that I really really need help with. don't know if my desperation is coming across fully lmao

edit: also what the fuck is a smart casual wedding??

edit: shit what are some bulky "smart casual" shoes?

mknro

Postby Malcb33 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Maybe check out the new UNiqlo U shorts which are similar to those MHL ones pictured.

Malcb33

Postby oucho » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:35 pm

don't forget that if you're into fashion dress codes don't apply to you and you can wear whatever you want

oucho

Postby rafty » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Looking to buy some kind of tech-ish sandal, basically looking for a budget alternative to Suicokes/vis cristos or something in that vein if anybody has any recommendations

something like these but cheaper, seen tevas and the like but want something chunkier like the suicokes

I've seen some sick new balance ones that'd be gucci but can't find any UK stockists, just deep in asia </3

rafty

Postby Julio » Thu May 10, 2018 1:34 am

what is the c-t consensus on nike komyuters? contemplating getting this pair (from a local retailer for helping them out with some stuff, so p much free i guess)

Julio

Postby rjbman » Thu May 10, 2018 10:30 am

have a pair - they're not 100% waterproof but better than most non-leather shoes. The fidlock / tightener system is pretty damn fun but for whatever reason, both go the same clockwise direction instead of forward / back. for free / cheap i'd say get them.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby lightfoot » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:43 pm

where can i find rayon short sleeve button downs in cool colors or prints(maybe) for a not super expensive price

Now I'm making 400, 600, 800k momma
To stand on my feet momma
Play these songs, it's therapy momma, they paying me momma
lightfoot

Postby hharrissonn » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:32 pm

I guess I do know what I want already, but I'm having trouble finding a good alternative to my ideal.

I'm looking for a black Chelsea Boot, but I'd like to avoid very minimal and sleek styles like Saint Laurent, Common Projects, etc. Something with an interesting sole/with a slightly weird shape would be a huge plus. My favorites at the moment are by Marsèll, but they're way out of my price range. At this point I really do wear basically the same outfit every day, so imagine them with light washed jeans and a grey or black t-shirt. Here are a few that I'm considering, followed by some favorites/lofty ambitions in the spoilers. If you have any brand/shop suggestions to check out that would be much appreciated.

Blundstone 500. Classic, unlined, elastic gore, rubber sole boot. Apparently very rugged, carries some pnw hippie/aussie clout. They're quite literally workwear, but don't have as aggressive a look as other American workwear staples like Red Wings, etc. I would kind of like to be a little more of a grown up and get something with a stacked sole, but these would just barely take me out of my sneaker comfort zone in a way that would maybe make me more inclined to actually wear them.

Veggie Doc's. I've had Doc's before, so at least I would know what to expect. Pretty hard to fuck up an outfit with these I would imagine. Something about these has always sort of seemed like a bastardization of the 1460 to me, but maybe (definitely) that's overthinking it.

EDIT 10/9/18: Thank you all for feedback I ordered the Blundstones yesterday (love)

Last edited by hharrissonn on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby parastexis » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:17 pm

can’t decide between dior homme jeans or slp jeans or celine jeans halp

parastexis

Postby norman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:28 pm

diesel bootcut

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby meatjacket » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:24 pm

looking for some cool slip on lows. Similar to vans but a little better and more interesting.

IDEAL : Uniqlo U White Slip ons, they were very cool looking, the heel and toebox really appealed to me, but what ultimately ruined it for me was the material of the shoe.
It was this nylon fabric sort of thing, it attracted dirt like nothing i'd seen before. The rubber parts of the shoe were cool and i didnt mind when those got dirty but it was very off putting for my shoe to be mostly cream, then dark grey on the top of my left shoe. So a perfect solution would be these in a leather or suede?

SETTLING: Vans Vault Slip on in White Leather, very comfortable and overall versatile but i feel a little boring with vans. build quality and comfort isnt amazing but isnt horrible either, considered Diemme as an alt.

open to radically different cool silhouettes though

meatjacket

Postby Julio » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:43 pm

Julio

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 pm

long shot but does anyone know where I can find these beams overalls in size medium navy. or anything similar
https://www.beams.co.jp/item/beamsplus/ ... _beamsplus

BIGBEE

Postby bels » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:49 am

I dunno such eBay? They do have a cleaner aesthetic than most overalls.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm

are woolrich trout run flannels thicker/more substantial/overall better than uniqlo flannels if i'm looking to upgrade (i guess the question is overall better *enough*)

also how's the "classic" fit? is it tts

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby bels » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:13 am

In my experience upgrading almost never ever works out.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Copeland » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:50 pm

Looking for cool sneaker recs that aren't nike/adidas/tennis shoes/ugly lux. Kinda want response trails but hard to find.

Copeland

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:29 pm

this one is a little interpretative – if i was looking for the ideal 6-inch beige/sand suede moc-toe boot with a thick sole (christy/crepe), where should i look? visvim, george cox, nonnative? does red wing even have a model like that anymore?

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed May 08, 2019 6:35 pm

i want too many track pants so i figured i'd narrow it down via the court of public opinion. lmk which one you like the most

cav empt

needles

nike x ambush

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:54 am

jumped the gun and copped the ce trackies on sale at bodega :-) thanks for the input guys

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Copeland » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Can't decide if these look like the future or ridiculous.

Copeland

Postby sludge » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Does anyone know a good place to look for flannels "on steroids"
ImageImage
i love rick owens ones but more than a thousand euros is out my budget

sludge

Postby nexus6 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Any recs for a camel beige overcoat? My budget's about 150 quid (around 200 US bux), so I'll most likely have to look at something used regardless.

nexus6

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:57 pm

looking for more non-black pants
really feeling this kind of dusty grey/brown, especially in carpenter pant form
will these carhartts scratch the same itch, or does anyone have any recs that are closer to the first pic? i like this color as displayed, but it's called "dark coffee" and i'm worried that they'll be too brown/saturated in person

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby kickingthefly » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:27 pm

kickingthefly

Postby 106-2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:07 am

any recommendations for nice/sturdy tote bags for ~£50? Looking for a replacement for my gf's battenwear tote - super nice, just doesn't deal well with abrasion :/

particularly looking for anything with the option to wear cross-body (i've seen that the current battenwear ones have this, but preferably looking for something sturdier)

106-2

Postby jrisk » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:02 pm

how do I get the needles fuzzy mohair cardigan look without spending the fuzzy mohair cardigan price?

jrisk

PreviousNext

Return to Tags