[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Clothes

Re: I don't know what I want (Buyer's guide)

Postby djwildchina » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:21 pm

I prefer the fatigue green. The blue on the feather gray seems too saturated to me.

djwildchina

Postby jrisk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:29 pm

, is that a patagonia synchilla fleece in your humblebrag pics?

I'm kind of up in the air between this and a regular synchilla fleece. something appealing about The Standard and a crazy pattern would be fun. Next time I'm at a patagonia store, I'll try on both.

jrisk

Postby ramseames » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:41 pm

jrisk you can still buy patagonia legacy collection shit????

ramseames

Postby eli7 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:47 pm

It is! I got it over the quilted purely because it was way cheaper and I knew it would get gnarly from working in it. I like the diamond quilt better since its doesn't scream FLEECE (bit more wearable)

surprised they're not hard to find by now

eli7

Postby jrisk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:48 pm

I think the quilted pullover has gone mainline now. I spotted a whole bunch when I was last in a store and you can get them

canadian link just for you ramseames: http://www.patagonia.com/ca/product/dia ... ?p=25425-0

jrisk

Postby ramseames » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:51 pm

oh damn i wanted the pants. thanks man.

ramseames

Postby jrisk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:55 pm

weren't you too tall for those anyways?

jrisk

Postby ramseames » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:58 pm

:(

yah i remember now

ramseames

Postby djwildchina » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:49 pm

I have some NB 996, NB 501 and Asic GLVs. So I think the 998s would fill a gap because its def different than those without being overly chunky like the 999s. Thanks for the feedback! :-)

djwildchina

Postby yourdad » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 pm

on the fence about this h&m bomber

think i might pick it up if it hits sales

fit in the spoiler

yourdad

Postby JewTurk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Looking at boots...

These: http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Martens-Tobias ... dr+martens

Look really similar to the CP trainer boots (http://www.gargyle.com/media/catalog/pr ... ack-13.jpg) and I'm thinking a bout grabbing them, figure I'll dive into the boot world.

Also looking for an all black pair of 1460s with no heel, not sure where to navigate for it, I've seen pictures of them pretty often.

e:
I think its the eyelets throwing it off, idk. Might get some 1460s instead.

JewTurk

Postby HommeHomie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm looking to get a new pair of shoes before school starts.

the white ones and the black ones are a size too big, the other ones are a size too small. Can a cobbler alter the size or should I just keep looking until I find something that fits exactly?

HommeHomie

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Images only work if you open them in a new tab, weird.

Anyways, I would keep looking, I don't think cobblers can alter the size. What kind of shoes are you looking for?

RomanEmpire

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:45 am

Not sure if I should cop the Y3 All Black Qasa High's today or if I should cop the stone island rust camo sweatshirt:

If I buy the shoes, then I won't really have any money for the rest of the month, but I have been waiting for these shoes since they released the stock pics in March. On the other side, I pretty sure that if I don't cop them today, then I won't ever get the chance to get them, unless they are used or resold for overprice.

Con of buying the sweat: I'm going to be a tutor for new students so I'll be obligated to wear a lime green tee for whole of september and maybe some more. I won't get a chance to wear the sweater.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby ramseames » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:28 am

internal debate over okwahn IIs has been raging for a few days now. jorts?

ramseames

Postby sweeeeeeeeeeet emootion » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:06 am

should i cop a fresh pair of all black wallys (already own a pair, beat to shit) or desert treks??

kinda feeling the suede desert treks too.. i just don't know! :mad:

sweeeeeeeeeeet emootion

Postby jrisk » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:04 pm

really want a ribby crewneck, but decisions:

MHL:

Howlin:

The Howlin' is 100% cotton which is a slight deterrent but that color is a beaut. The MHL looks really comfy and I don't mind the color either.

bonus sweater: (I can see you wearing this )

jrisk

Postby can- » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:25 pm

that MHL knit is cotton too yo.

get a wooly pully.

can-

Postby popcorn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:34 pm

I like the third. Tone is really good for the texture imo. Also big on the V on the neckline, and not big on the way the MHL fits the model, or the raglan sleeves, but that's all me.

popcorn

Postby bels » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:04 pm

What's wrong with 100% cotton? Cotton jumpers are the bomb because you can wear them indoors on not freezing cold days.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:08 pm

I have always preferred cotton jumpers too - I just didnt know until recently. Much more wearable and washable.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:14 pm

wool has superior drape, slides better over cotton layers and never needs to be washed. it also performs better over a wider variety of temperatures. wool's natural stretch also means it's less likely to lose shape during wear.

can-

Postby popcorn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Cotton is for your house, wool is for taking on the world.

I've never worn my huge wool fair isle inside or to school on anything but a freezing day. Love it under my raincoat, though.

popcorn

Postby nick » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:13 am

getting kind of sick of wearing derbies every day in 2014, kind of want a pair of sneakers that will look good with an unstructured blazer/casual pants. have a pair of nike pegasus but on feet they look 'flat'/squished. I wear pretty much exclusively blues and greys.

the common fashion choices: Vans slip on/Stan smith/Common projects (but $$$ for those!) all seem like they would work: but what are some other options that may work ?

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby odradek » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:38 am

lanvin captoes (and other luxe offerings) are an obvious choice:

something a little rougher around the edges like these cdg shirt x generic man canvas captoes also works nicely (i regret beating the shit out of mine now that i have a suit that would work well with them):

i'm also fond of the rafdidas with suits/blazers and pants, though this particular look seems way off for me:

and the obligatory:

odradek

Postby eufemism » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:30 pm

on sale for 90. kind of want because it'd be an alternative for my denim jacket/hoodies for the fall

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby CleanThug » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 am

wtaps parka in lieu of the uu I missed out on

CleanThug

Postby millikelvin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:50 am

I wish the Pistols fit me, but even the size 35 I tried on in the Acne store was too big (I walked around in them for like half an hour before I admitted it to myself). I'm a size US 5, UK 2-2.5, should I go buy a Pistol dupe that kind of fits like (nooooo) or find different ankle boots (<--haaard)? So torn, but I should decide soon since the current beat up boots I'm wearing have one broken heel (so that when I walk I list to one side like a drunken schooner in a gale).

millikelvin

Postby spahdfgo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:22 am

Looking for a new coat for this f/w.

Need single breasted, mid-thigh length, dark grey, wool, interesting texture is bonus.

looks good but i wanna see what's out there first.

spahdfgo

Postby JtotheWhat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm in need of some help... I need a black trouser and haven't been able to find anything that is exactly what I'm looking for. Before I left Korea I tried on a pair at the CDG store that were perfect, forget if they were Junya or Homme Plus but it didn't matter because they were $900 ... Basically need a tailored fit that isn't too slim, somewhat cropped (which is hard since I have short legs ) and still look relaxed/comfy. I know it's somewhat specific but thought you guys might have some suggestions..have scoured ebay/rak/grailed/ssense/porter and have so far come up short. Not worried about brand and my budget is around $300.

JtotheWhat

PreviousNext

Return to Tags