[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - non.solar

non.solar

Clothes

non.solar

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri May 22, 2015 8:46 am

Not content with with being perma-skint from launching STORY I am founding a new,small venture.

In case it wasn't plainly obvious, non.solar is my brand, which I've been working on for about six months. Truthfully I'm still working on it because the products are ready but I'm not sure how or where I'm going to sell. Ideally I'd like it to be a little circle of friends thing.

How is it different from STORY? Story in many ways is a luxury type brand. Everything is pushed to the limits and the outcome is strong fashion pieces that we hope endure. Story is made in England and demands a hefty tag.

The first non.solar pieces are made in India. They're made really really well. Non.solar is going to make easy wear - stuff to lounge around in. I currently have pyjama sets, and two knit jumpers (one hand knit, one machine). There's still a bit of natural dyeing and hand working - but without the premium of British labour costs and the amount of development we put into story. If anything non.solar benefits from the work we put in with story.

And with that I'll just show you our packaging, which is a great bandana I had commissioned by my friend Rebecca Hendin.

@non.solar on IG. obviously.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Re: non.solar

Postby bels » Fri May 22, 2015 9:23 am

Pyjama sets sounds hype as hell.

Is this why you need the fort? Non.Solar Boat, Story Fort? I guess next it'll be katy's stealth cosmetics brand's orbital hydroponics platform.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri May 22, 2015 9:24 am

Is this going to follow half of Story's one-size stuff or will your lounge-y clothes (esp. jumpers) be more "fitted" (or at least have s/m/l/etc)?

Be cool to see what you do. Is this more ~lifestyle than just an off shoot? Like will we see non.solar butt cushions or are non-fashion items going to be story only and this is just comfycore style stuff?

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri May 22, 2015 9:35 am

Everything that would normally be sized, will be sized. Jumpers come in 3 sizes as do pjs.

Story is actually sized, it's just off-menu for now. You can get a smaller and larger time jacket.

You know, I don't know about non fashion. Let's see what happens. Right now this is about making comfy things for a nice life.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Cowboy » Fri May 22, 2015 9:55 am

what is Katy's involvement in this? Is it absolutely a sole endeavor or has she supported production/logistics/brand development?

Will this be run through the fort/boat/both? (is there any other company cool enough to have a question even remotely similar be asked. incredible)

This is so awesome. Sorry if the questions are bothersome in any way.

Cowboy

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri May 22, 2015 10:39 am

Katy is supportive and always there for opinion but this is one of my sole projects. If you're interested in what she's up to she has a trade publication which just launched called WORN (@wornpublications), as well as a sideline secret thing on top of Story and consultancy for mills and brands.

This will be really small but the boat is for story. It's part of the brand. I have no idea where this will live. Online probably.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Fri May 22, 2015 1:40 pm

what means the name? is it all cotton? will there be ben sized garms?

can-

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri May 22, 2015 2:05 pm

All made from plants. Yes to ben sized stuff (I think?). The name is part of the concept: imagine an alien race or a future human race made nostalgic earth clothing in the way companies now look back to the golden ages of the Wild West. We get so much wrong - and they would too.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby stappard_ » Fri May 22, 2015 3:31 pm

how long until we see some actual product shots, you've been teasing us for almost 7 hours i cant take it

stappard_

Postby anshin » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:44 pm

any updates on this?

ne travaillez jamais!
anshin

Postby meatjacket » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:43 am

glad to own a part of this

meatjacket

Return to Tags