[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - 2015 Retrospective

2015 Retrospective

Clothes

2015 Retrospective

Postby ramseames » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:30 pm

Last edited by schiaparelli on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: needed to replace a -- with a PROPER EM DASH
ramseames

Re: 2015 Retrospective

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:41 pm

schiaparelli

Postby can- » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:11 am

I bought 24 pairs of uniqlo color socks in charcoal. they're cool because i can wear them with a suit or to the gym.

can-

Postby Suquida » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:37 am

Last edited by Suquida on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suquida

Postby ramseames » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:35 am

What I bought

socks don't count, so anything i talk about excludes them

I started keeping a google sheet with everything I buy in it this year:

spent a few min the other day breaking it down by category:

(click through for the full size for both of these if they're too small for you)

aside from 2nd/3rd pairs of sneakers I already own as backups (and socks), I've bought 26 things. looking at my grailed + the handful of stuff I've sold on ebay, I've been given money to part with near 40 items. add in the amount of things that I've let go of for free and I'm at least -25 items this year.

That feels pretty successful.

Aside from a cap, one of the aforementioned backup pairs of sneakers, and a $45 tee shirt, I didn't buy anything of significance for the first 4 months of the year. That's as close to no cop as I ever want to/will get. I'm going to do that again this spring.

What I liked/dislike

More importantly, I added a bunch of clothes now that I wear all the time to my wardrobe, and got rid of a lot of detritus.

The best things i bought are probably the FCRB tiempos (2 pairs):

Veilance voronoi pants and ACR Lunar force 1s (2 pairs):

and then the veilance graph sweat and descente down cardigan (don't have pics of either of these)

I've only gotten rid of 1 thing I bought this year so far (an illustrated example tee) and that just turned out to be not a great tee shirt, so really there's not been anything that stood out as a bad move.

Spending $720 on a piece of outerwear that's unlined, uninsulated, heavy, obscenely stiff, and not waterproof at all instead of a winter parka with a removable liner was probably a dumb call but whatever, it makes me happy.

General thoughts on my wardrobe this year

I started the year with like 8 pairs of pants , sold 5, and bought 1. I really, really want a pair of tan/beige pants but its been hard to find the right ones (mentioned this here: and that was like 15 months ago) so I haven't gotten any yet. having bought voronois in black I don't really want to settle so I'll just wait until they finally come back.

I really like my pants though, and I feel like I have more options with the 4 that I have than I did when i had twice as many. Not owning jeans has been very satisfying. The few times I've wanted someone's jeans (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22&p=41045&hilit=jeans#p41045) it was mostly the fit i liked, not the pants themselves.

I don't really know what direction to go in with regards to shirting. spent a ton of time looking at stuff this year and only bought 2 and I still feel like there's holes in what I have.

I didn't buy it this year but my arcteryx conveyor belt is the probably the piece of clothing I've worn the most of anything I've ever owned

I like how I looked pretty much every day

just continue with what I'm doing

proper overhaul of tees and a review of shoes

one more jungle shirt

more veilance: winter coat, pants, bomber, another sweat(?), another shirt(?)

better sunglasses and swim trunks

ski more/ski harder

less time on the internet

bigger apartment

faster horses

same woman (love)

older whiskey

negligibly more money

ramseames

Postby Eddie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:23 am

I don't subscribe to no-cop and I think every purchase can be a learning experience. I can usually at least break even if I buy something I don't end up liking.
So I'll just tell some stories about some things I bought.

I bought a pair of rick dunks for cheap that were pretty beat. I wasn't really into the condition but it just turned out that someone else I follow wanted them since his pair got resoled with a fake nike air midsole. I told him I'd take his pair + cash. I don't even wear them often since the fake nike air midsole is uncomfortable but the irony of these is priceless. I should drop them on a plinth instead.

I bought more than ten pairs of air forces, with production dates ranging from 1996-2015. Great decision, see: 70% of outfits. Don't sleep on the retro OGs, the shape and build are both A+

I bought a gray Margiela 5-zip thinking it was black since Rinkan listed it as such and their photography is always washed out. Turns out it was actually gray. I sent it to a leather professional all the way in Oklahoma and was afraid they weren't going to return it since I hadn't been hearing back from them. Their service took an extra 2 weeks and I was sassed when I asked about it. I got it back and while it is black, they dyed 3/5 of the zipper casings and left the other two. I've since stopped caring and have worn this jacket to more shitty bars and parties than I can remember. Part of the sleeve lining is shredded.

I bought a full camo outfit after finding and buying a camo umbrella at a Taiwanese Uniqlo for shits. Some overpants were next, and then I bought that camo supreme trench. Great no bullshit jacket to wear with anything. It's a great blanket for sleeping in studio. Still haven't broken out the full camo in public. Overpants get too sweaty.

I bought my first Aitor Throup piece. A pair of pants from 'Legs.' I really thought they weren't going to fit but I couldn't pass up a chance to own something from AT studios, in commemoration of my summer working there. I was surprised to find that I can wear them, although the crotch/seat is cut pretty restrictively. I will suffer for them.

I bought my first 09 Earmuff Maniac pieces this year. A leather I pretty much wear all the time now and the red gradient-knit PCM. Also bought some sunsea sweatpants and wheat air forces around the same time for a Japanese 'Hotline Bling' cosplay. Seems like the PCM is pretty fragile though. Some capsules have detached so this is going to be retired until I can find a way to fix them.

I received some prototype pieces from my friend 1kdeaths as a gift for selling him some UC/ACR pieces. Happy to be repping his work and happy to be introduced to some new stuff that's outside what I would usually buy.

Other things I bought and loved.

Plans for 2016:
-A new pair of Ace Cashes
-Even rarer even weirder jawnz

Eddie

Postby sknss » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:55 am

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby INNIT » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:48 pm

this was the year of me trying to QUIT THE GAME

i stayed the fuck away from online shops and bought everything thrift or from second hand marketplaces (meaning grailed and ebay). i worked in a value village for extra money and for the workout (value vil warehouse is insane grunt labour). this helped a lot as everyday i had the opportunity to look for sick new thriftbuyz

i also moved into a house with 3 other people to save money on rent and started spending money on other shit like my dog which i firmly believe is the best the dog

things i bought:

bunch of llbean tees in diff colors
thrifted a denim jacket and an old 90s parka thing (made in CANADA) and a bunch of flannels
501s and dickies because i am a post skater boy
supreme shadowplaid + heavy flannel
supreme LS pocket tees for mad cheap
a puppy
a turntable/receiver/speakers + copped my grandads czech polka collection (for free)
tons of books

sold:

all of my wtaps, ce, needles, etc to rich yankees whose valuable currency made this canadian boy rich AF

i never learn anything but what i did learn was that jap brands are a fucking hassle when youre 6’2 and also too expensive when youre a BA undergrad working at a thrift store. made the rule that the only time i buy designer garms is when im in an actual store and can properly fall in love with the piece. not sure how that will work but w/e my cognitive load is like fucking 0

oh yah also i grew my hair to my shoulders and went to van in the summer and saw all the manbuns and then cut it all off. i just couldnt deal

2016 is the year of more-reasonable men’s haircuts and the depend adult undergarment

INNIT

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:53 pm

What do you do at value village innit i am a furniture man at a retail store

BIGBEE

Postby exprof » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:38 pm

exprof

Postby bels » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:17 am

Lets have a look...

Cash in The Attic

Adidas Veritas- Great shoes. Never wear them because they're mesh and I'd almost always rather have more weather resistance but they're still cute (see slip on adidas pics below)

Bagjack NXL Messenger Bag- Love this thing to bits. It's rubbish to actually carry any kind of load once you get off the bike but it looks so cute and is "ok" on the bike. Carries a tennis raquet too which is very vital to my life. I am pleased with this purchase and it makes me not want to bother buying anything else. Any time I see a messenger bag now I'm like "whatever"

Joseph Homme black jumper- This is great but the sleeves are slightly too short. I should try and sell it but I'll just get mad that no one wants it.

Raf-Fred Polo- Love this polo shirt. Feel great when I wear it.

TSI Holdings LTD Cashmere- Size S but still kind of slim? I'm unsure about keeping this. On the one hand it's useful on the other hand it isn't "perfect". I guess I should flip it

Miu Miu Black Trousers with in built belt- I love these. they're made of a cotton ripstop. There's a matching jacket on bay which would look great on me but it's in the US and I don't want to pay for it to get to England. Whatever.

VINTAGE WORK WEAR 2 PIECE DENIM SUIT SWEDISH MILITARY 1950,s ISSUE LONDON STYLE- Probably one of the greatest things anyone has ever bought on this entire forum? Not sure. Can't think of anything better tbh. Less than twenty quid too so...

Two 6876 Shirts- Really nice shirts. Work in my war chest well. Both a bit too short on the sleeves now but I'm not going to sell them because no one will pay for them and I won't be able to replace them. (see margiela trousers pic)

Marni Shorts- These are cute I guess? Cost me ten pounds so I don't really care. great to have some shorts though innit? Even if they're made of wool and have pleats.

Miu Miu Suit- Great suit. Still need to see if the trousers can be let out. Will definitely kill myself if they can't.

White Slip On vans- Great and only cost #25. Should get new ones each year.

Miu Miu Shirt- Great shirt. Goes perfectly with miu miu suit. should get more of these but they're always $$$$ (see suit pic)

Raf Perry Shirt- Decent shirt. Don't really wear it that much? Don't really know how? Sort of itchy because of embroidery? will keep because great short sleeve shirts are vital (see Marni shorts pic)

Aspesi Unlined Blazer Shirt- Really great. very lightweight. looks great over a tshirt. Just about works on my bike. Paid about #15 for it or something? Total bargain. Would love one in ventile but I'll file that under NeverGonnaHappen

Miu Miu Cotton Mix Trousers- Never worn these but they're super cute for no real reason

Miu Miu Hooded Pack A Mac Jacket Coat Top M Perfect Genuine- This thing absolutely slays. One of my really great buys. I mean you could get a better version if you were willing to spend actual money. Like you could get one with some actual technical properties. But whatever. It looks cute.

Uniqlo +j white shirt- Got this BNWT off bay. It's great. Never wear it but it's there if I need it. I mean I have two, so they're both their if I need them.

Finisterre Merino Polo- This is cute but actually if I'm real doesn't fit me. I'm not getting rid of it yet though

Miu Miu trousers- Don't know which ones these are. Think they're unhemmed and I've not worn them. Shiny black cotton?

SWRVE button down- Very cute nylon DWR short sleeve shirt. Great for keeping the wind off on cute summer days/nights. Actually think it looks quite tight too.

SWRVE lightweight DWR trousers- Nice. Really like them. They're in grey which is sort of against my ethics but actually means they work well on warmer days. Also hate the pockets. hate jeans style pockets. But the only cycling trousers I have any interest in that have normal pockets are outliers and they cost about #150 and these swrve cost #50 so whatever

Margiela Cropped Trousers- These are cute even though I seldom wear them. They might get a lot of wear next spring/summer

Issey Miyake Suit- This is cute but I've not worked out how to wear it for poetry performances (which is why I bought it). Once I crack this code it'll be golden I'm sure.

Kim Jones Umbro Jumper- Cost two pounds so who even cares

Miu Miu trousers- Think these are the grey wool ones I've worn twice? Nice quality but do basically look like normal person "smart" "trousers" (see Kim Jones Umbro fitpic)

Swedish Defence Trousers And Shirt- These are cute. Feel like I should buy five of the shirts? And then what? I don't know.

Grey Finisterre Merino Polo- Fits much better than the yellow one (1 size up) but isn't as great a colour so idk

b-store DB linen blazer- Straight into the war chest for the summer I guess. Will wear with marni shorts and no shirt

R. Newbold Cagoule- Absolute unadulterated fire jawn. cost me #20. Need to get it relined though and I think the sleeve is delaminating? Whatever. Once the huge rear pocket is sorted this will be amazing. Wear it all the time.

Kim Jones Rugby Top- Straight into the archive. will wear it sometime for curiosity's sake

PWVC Ventile SB4- Been after one of these for time. Now that I've got it I've not worn it but still. I'm sure I will? I wore my YMC coat constantly and this is just meant to be a replacement so... I'm sure I'll wear it.

Kim Jones jumper- BNWT in the archives. will be worth millions one day (it won't)

maharishi 3xdry seam sealed cargoes- Finally a maha trew that fits me. Also one of the coolest designs. The taped seams are coming off though so I need to see to them. The 3xdry quotient should keep them in my war chest for a while. I wish they were nylon though.

Bagjack NXL rucksack- Bag game is officially over. I have a backpack for pedestrian ops and a messenger for vehicular ops. They both have fidlock closures. What more could i want.

IRL purchases:

TSI Holdings LTD Suit off majax- Nice to finally own something from one of my favourite designers even if yeah I don't go around WEARING IT all the time.

Maharishi Monsoon Parka- Uh this is cute I guess. I've worn it about seven times. Really should have just bought a swrve milwaukee softshell jacket for a hundred pounds or some ramdom Asterix bike jacket. But well I didn't so.. here we are. Three hundred pound anorak because "it has a sling".

I've never used the sling.

UNIQLO

Only four orders this year. Mostly white tshirts + gym trackie bottoms (uniqlo dry stretch sweats were great IMO. Fuck N1ke) but Also:

+J Blue Blazer- Great blazer. Nice colour. Unstructured. Looks extremely bougie when I wear it. Everything you want. If I had a job where I wore blazers and took the tube instead of riding my bike I'd wear something like this every day.

+J white shirt- Look the +J shirts were decent at #20 yeah? great regular fit, nice collar. I have no regrets about owning two. I'd own ten if I could.

COS

Bought one black jumper for #28. Has no ribbing so layers really well over my white t-shirt collection. It's a bit thin though... wish it was a bit warmer.

MUJI

Bought a casual suit from there. Wish the shoulders had fit me better. But they didn't. maybe it was just my bad posture. I sold this to bigbee but sometimes think about buying it back from him because it was everything I wanted from a casual suit. Versatile and durable. Maybe I can fix my posture??? If I saw another one that I thought would fit me I'd probably buy it.

Also bought some MUJI LABO Khakis which are very nice (wide legged) and also very lightweight. I'm worried that by the time next summer rolls round they'll be too small on the waist but hopefully not? (see aspesi blazer fitpic)

Also lots of white tshirts which now don't fit me =[

ADIDAS

Slip on running shoes- Totally fire. Wear them often. Always make me feel great. Pity people who pay over fifty quid for trainers tbqh.

Y3 Tennis Kit- LMAO. Yeah cute bela you can barely hit a fucking slice backhand but yeah by all means buy a Carlo yamamoto tennis kit. It is extremely dench though so no regrets.

FINISTERRE

Nidus Wool Jumper- cute jumper? Went on sale a month later for #40 less? Kind of itchy? Kind of huge so that all my trousers seem too small with it? Very beastly though but actually seems to work in multiple temperature ranges not just freezing cold. I'm quite pleased with it so far but kind of can't shake the feeling I should have bought something else instead.

STORY MFG

TRF Shoes- Don't actually wear these super often but every time I do wear them I love them. Extremely charming shoes. Feel very happy to own them.

FOOT LOCKER OUTLET

Black Reeboks- Honestly worn them once. Sort of hurt my little toe? My pinke toe? My widdle toe??? I'm sure I'll make some use of them but not huge amounts probably.

SAVILLES

2 bed terrace house- Worst buy of 2k15 by a long shot. I know I could flip it for probably more than I paid (hypebeasts are thirsty for this kind of thing) but every time I look at it I just think "this isn't me. I'm not the kind of person who owns this." but I guess I do so IDK. The extra bedroom has a built in wardrobe which has allowed me to buy and keep even more clothes than before. I don't even know if that's a plus.

May well be missing some stuff so feel free to "call me out"

Things I bought that didn'twork out
Margaret cashmere XS - way too small, gave it away
MHI cargos- way too small, gave them away
Maha 3xdry trews - way too small, sold them
finisterre merino tees - outgrew them before I got a chance to wear them, sold them
vexed gen shirt- was a women's shirt, sent to khayandi
maharishi 3xdry sweats - too small! I am not a size S anymore! I am a size M! But my body dysmorphia prevents me from understanding that!

WHAT I ACTUALLY WORE

What I actually wear every day is: White trainers, black levis commuters, a white tshirt and then in the summer my PWVC harrington and in the winter a jumper and whatever coat is appropriate (normally the r newbold) I tend not to wear most of my clothes because I want to ride my bike. I actually bought a second bike that would be more conducive to wearing clothes, but honestly I don't ride it that often because it's not as fast and I always want to go fast. Also even on a bike with an upright seating position it's still more comfortable to wear elastane trousers so...

THE FUTURE?

Please god let me quit the game or let Kim Jones die so my umbro collection becomes invaluable.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Julio » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:28 am

Julio

Postby dbcooper » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:44 am

Last edited by dbcooper on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dbcooper

Postby dbcooper » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:45 am

Last edited by dbcooper on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbcooper

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:52 am

i had a weird 2015.

by weird i mean not so great.

got depressed, quit swimming, flunked my first term of university, fucked up my second serious relationship.

my wardobe is pretty much one of the few things about 2015 i'm happy about. here's the editorialized version:

in the middle of the summer i packed for a trip and realized that i basically hated my wardrobe. i had all sorts of weird stuff that cumulated in some odd idea of what the intersection between 'japanese streetwear' and 'japanese workwear' and 'that one craig green piece i bought cause it was really cheap' was and the gaps were filled by random shit like gap saturated blue shorts and bizarre things like that, because i gained so much weight that i outgrew most of the pieces i liked.

so on the last day of the trip, tired of prancing around in mismatched shit that fit ok but stylistically was disastrous, i just said "fuck it", went to uniqlo, bought myself a new wardrobe, brought that to uni, and sold the rest.

here's the base of what came with me to university:

you might notice something at this point.

the benefit of this wardrobe is that getting dressed every day is extremely easy.

after a few months, i realized that this was easily the happiest i'd ever been with clothes. cohesive fits were (almost) effortless, i felt good walking out of my dorm every morning (or 4PM as the case may have been), people were positively receptive, and i was able to put together a few interesting fits if i needed to.

while i was at university, i sold some stuff, moving towards my goal of getting rid of almost all my pre-fall stuff, and bought a bit more. here is the stuff that i bought and didn't sell:

where i'm at now:

i also did a a ways back - includes some items that i sold >:D

basically, i've stopped experimenting with really weird shit, and i'm better off for it imo. my relationship with clothing has simplified and improved, and i'm spending less time reading about artisanal construction techniques that aren't really interesting to me. i have a sick job now, and i'm waking up in the morning excited to put on cool clothes and get out the door.

I didn't add pictures of the individual clothes (except for a few items that you may not be familiar with) because i don't feel like that's important right now.

mc-lunar

Postby deadkitty » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 pm

I haven't bought much last year. I guess i just didn't want a lot of new clothes.

I bought:
- bless coat
- apc jeans
- reebok shoes
- susea cardigan
- towel sweatshirt
- patrik ervell track jacket
- patrik ervell shorts
- white jeans from tomsfood
- pink silk jacket
- vgtbls bless shorts

I kind of stopped buying clothes during the summer since it was too hot to think about clothes and also I'm really poor. I guess that's good though. broke the cylce or whatever. idk i dont want nearly as much as I used to. everything I bought this year I've been really happy with.

I was really surprised by my apc jeans. needed a pair of pants to destroy at work so i figured raw denim. got a pair for nothing on grailed and now they're probably one of my favourites. they fit pretty perfect.

i kind of wish i didn't sell my supreme coat to bigbee but windowpane is over now anyway. i don't own any practical coats now though...

the bless coat i got with the money is rad as hell anyway

my styling in 2015 was the best it's been i think

deadkitty

Postby Cowboy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:55 pm

In the Coat pic Are you wearing that (?Westwood?) whale sweater vegman was on about for a while when Bela wasn't posting links?

Thx

Cowboy

Postby vgtbls » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:09 am

Yes, I would have mugged him for that and the UC Talking Heads Paintbrush one but he's smaller than me

vgtbls

Postby RomanEmpire » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:37 pm

I didn't buy very many things last year, and plan to keep it that way for the most part.

Shoes:

Tops:

Outerwear:

Pants/shorts:

My goal is to continue not buying very much, and I want to cut down my current wardrobe to something more cohesive. I only want to keep things that I absolutely love, and get rid of everything else, outerwear especially. Although all I really ever want to buy is outerwear, I'm in Texas, so the reality is that I don't get to wear what I want nearly as often as I would like to (I've only worn my WM jacket and GAP parka 3 or 4 times this season). I think I know where I want to go style-wise, pretty simple outfits, and darker colors (olive, navy, black, charcoal, burgundy) in the fall/winter, and probably lighter colors in the spring/summer.

My favorite purchase of 2015 by far were my Yuketen boots that I had given up on ever finding at a decent price (I got them for an absolute steal). I don't really regret any of my purchases, and I wear everything relatively often (weather permitting). The only items I would still really like to own are a pair of light brown Visvim Virgil boots, and a light wash denim jacket, although I'm not actively looking for either of them.

RomanEmpire

Postby adiabatic » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:37 pm

adiabatic

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:19 pm

2015 retrospective.

Year end fit pic thing of all my fav clothes from the winter. Near the end of the year I gave up on wearing clothing that photographs well and tried to wear things that look nice in the windows and car doors I encounter throughout the day.

Jacket that deadkitty kindly sold to me that I eventually replaced w/ a larger size
handknit: thanks mom
SHirt: bought this from nickp and ended up wearing it all the time. works surprsingly well with a lot of things thanks!!
supreme pants: very good pants I wear them most days
story shoes: fav shoes thanks sam : )
Supreme scarf: very good I wear it most days. looks good with a lot of my clothing, I really like leopard print.
supreme minibag: great little purse that I use every day for wallet, keys, multitool etc.

parka: yoyo beat sent me this a long time ago when I was in college and I wore it so much this winter, so nice and big and comfy and fits over my time jacket
TIme jacket: finally got another one it is a very nice jacket as most people know
Handknit: thanks mom

Wore this a few times when it got really cold out
Hat: handknit
Supreme parka: this is a really really really good jacket probably one of the nicest supreme has ever made. I'm very glad I own it
flannel supreme: very nice overshirt I love the pattern a lot
EG shawl: thanks for the good deal on this, pei. I love it
Supreme sweat: thanks nick for selling this to me for cheap...

thanks ramseames for the care share hat I used it for almost the whole winter
supreme leather: probably the nicest schott collab supreme has done.

I hope 2016 goes the same way. I'm really just glad to be back in school and not working full time for minimum wage.

BIGBEE

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:16 am

I moved to NYC. This has caused me to engage less with online fashion communities for a couple reasons:

* I started a new job with a pretty conservative dress code, so I basically wear a suit 4/7 days of the week. It makes it hard to justify buying anything too outlandish or experimental when I can only wear it on weekends, and my wardrobe is already rather large. I've been delving more into suiting and "traditional" menswear, and it seems no one really wants to talk about that on the internet in 2015/2016.

I wear some version of this just about every day:

* Large open office + blocked sites means anything non-work related is done on my phone until I get home, which is usually late, and mobile isn't a great medium for interacting with forums.

* NYC makes fashion so much more "accessible". There are so many cool and interesting fits riding the subway or just walking around that I don't really feel the need to seek out extra flintstone online.

* Higher cost of living and lifestyle preferences are changing what I feel comfortable allocating to my clothing budget. Travel, going out, saving up to buy an apartment, etc are all taking higher priority than a $200 shirt I might wear twice a year.

* A bit of complacency in terms of my style in that I know what I like. I'm more into doubling down on what I currently have / am into than seeking out something new or novel. I feel like online fashion creates such an artificial churn and expectation of hype that it's hard to ever find that complacent space. That being said, new things are growing on me (hyped on Story F/W 2016) but it feels more organic and based on my actual life than seeing something dope I saw online and trying to form my style around it.

thomaspaine

Postby bels » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:55 am

bels
Yung Winona

Return to Tags