[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Toilet Water

Toilet Water

Clothes

Re: Toilet Water

Postby germinal » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:30 am

do they bottle it right in front of you? or just print the label?

germinal
Garminlad

Postby smiles » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:39 am

Bobbin- yeah that's true. its pretty citrus-ey and fresh. the SA recommended it to me cause it will do well in humidity. my wonderwood is cloying in the heat. all of the fragrances were lovely though. they had an iris one that was really nice, kind of mossy and 'dirty'. a bit too heiress for me though.

Germinal- yeah they mixed the alcohol and the perfume right there. it has a relatively short life i guess, the SA told me to put it in the fridge! the presentation and packaging really adds to the experience and makes it worth the money. the cap is super heavy and has a mother of pearl underside or something. very luxe

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby okayfruit » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:10 am

So the nice lady at nordstroms gave me a sample of this over the weekend, and I'm in love.

However, it is ridiculously expensive and I have like 0 dollars so what's everybody's favorite musky floral scents?

okayfruit

Postby kewks » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 am

I use that one. The woman helping my boyfriend pick a fragrance for his mom (which was a very long process.. it involved a lot of smelling sticks with our eyes closed) gave a sample of this to me as we were checking out. She seemed like she knew what she was doing in terms of matching fragrance to the person and I absolutely loved it. Since I thought it was pretty expensive because I had never spent that much on a perfume before, I contemplated buying it for a year before I actually purchased it. It's spicy, musky with a hint of vanilla and patchouli. I would have never picked it out myself. It's a pretty unique scent, which I like. I used to think that Chloe's fragrance was just the natural smell of rich Asians carrying Balenciaga and Celine bags before I realized it was an actual perfume! So it's good that I don't smell like everybody else. I've been told it's a unisex scent, and so are several of the other fragrances in the Les Exclusifs line because they're not too floral-y. I also use Viktor and Rolf's Flowerbomb sometimes.

kewks

Postby bels » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:28 am

I tried issey miyake pour home at the airport. Smelled nice but didn't last on my skin at all. Also probably a bit to much overlap with my jil everyday scent.

I think if I want to get another scent it would need to be a more night time style thing if that makes any sense at all

bels
Yung Winona

Postby LandslideBaby » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:51 pm

I have been using Marc Jacob's Daisy for a few years now as well as Miss Dior Chérie L'Eau. The problem is, I can't get perfumes to last on my skin. And yes, I've tried Eau de Parfum(going through 2 samples of Jour d'Hermés) and it fades as quickly. In Paris I went to Diptyque and complained of that to the man who was advising perfumes(while my friend tried to discretely smell every candle in store) and he was great, helped me discover what I liked and didn't like and I left with 4 samples. So far I've only used the rose one but it lasted longer than average, so yay. I may stick to them or investigate Etsy for some rose and bergamot scented oils. There's also this french website, nose.fr, where they'll make you a profile and I think that experimenting with samples from them seems like a good plan.

Also, while not a perfume but I love how my skin smells after I use Lush's Ro's Argan. It's sweeter than my usual preferences but it's so comforting and nice(why yes, I'm an old lady who likes to smell like roses).

LandslideBaby

Postby kewks » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 pm

smiles, from what I've read/heard, there are a few in the Les Exclusifs range that can be worn by men. Sycomore, Jersey and No. 22 seem to be the most popular ones that are used by men. No. 22 was actually marketed as a woman's fragrance in 1922, but was apparently shockingly masculine. I guess since Chanel was all about putting women in pantsuits and popularizing androgyny/masculinity for women.

kewks

Postby can- » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:47 pm

I bought some Aesop deodorant (they only have one, it's unisex) to see what's good. i don't really know what distinguishes it from cologne since it has alcohol, is a spray and smells pretty pine-y or cedar-y (i have nfc)

will report back with a little field testing.

can-

Postby spahdfgo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Tried it on, it really grows on you, it's a wonderful smell, very subtle. Too bad it's 180€ a bottle.

spahdfgo

Postby exprof » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 pm

Guilty of wearing Chloe. It smells like someone laundered me in a bed of roses. It's a wonderful scent for girls who don't like traditional musky perfumes.

exprof

Postby spahdfgo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:40 am

spahdfgo

Postby prawnzee » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:29 am

I'm really bad with fragrances

my godmother gave me some JPG
when I was 14. I used the same bottle for the next 12 years or so. now that I'm out, I want to try something else but have no idea what to try. I kind of liked the jpg one, but something different would be nice for a change

also my deodorant of choice for the last 10 years or so has been
I think I'm pretty boring. though I hear I naturally smell pretty nice and my sweat doesn't smell, that's cool

prawnzee

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:17 am

I use the L'homme by Yves Saint Laurent. It's really good but I don't really any comments on it, so might wanna try find a new one.
[img]cdn.idealo.com/folder/Product/599/5/599548/s3_produktbild_gross/yves-saint-laurent-ysl-l-homme-¨-spray-150-ml.png[/img]

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby YoungCanoeist » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 pm

so i just got my samples in the mail. i got some of the recc'd ones from this thread: wonderwood, avignon, and tom ford oud wood. not crazy about tom ford, it kinda reminds me of a urinal cake lol. that's in the vial though, still have to put it on. i really love the smell of avignon and it definitely accomplishes what it aims to, but i'm not sure if i want to smell like that haha! i really like wonderwood though. it seems like a good medium. it'll be interesting in the heat though...

anyone have experience with cdg sequoia?

YoungCanoeist

Postby smiles » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 pm

i have wonderwood and I can't wear in the summer (in hong kong) because it gets so humid and the scent starts to get pretty overpowering.

i would recommend checking out various samples of le labo and CDG kyoto.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby lostie » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:12 am

I very rarely wear perfume because they're usually overwhelmingly strong on my skin, but I do love my sample of Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom & Honey (which is more of a S/S scent). I usually end up just smelling like my shampoo because I have a lot of hair- right now it's Organix argan oil.

lostie

Postby YoungCanoeist » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:35 am

smiles, what's kyoto like/how would you describe it in relation to the other 2 cdg scents that i've sampled? the product descriptions online make me very interested.

YoungCanoeist

Postby bels » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:04 pm

I guess in S/S I want to smell like fresh wood or flowers. Not sure what I want to smell like in the winter though, I suppose rotting leaves or the sterile smell of a week's worth of frost. Does anyone make stuff that smells like that?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:04 pm

got OUD27 by le labo. holy shit. seriously sexy.

bela, maybe try searching for something that smells like loam? idk, someone probably wants to channel that.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby drosselmeyer77 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 pm

drosselmeyer77

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:31 pm

sparkyoriental

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm

I just sampled Jo Malone Dark Amber and Ginger Lily. HOLY COW it's fantastic! It's watery and aquatic but also oriental...kind of an oriental-lite fragrance. It's beautiful and actually lasts quite well on my skin unlike most JMs. I'm trying to resist a full bottle because it's only available in 100 and 200 ml. I have so many fragrances that I'd never finish it.

what I've been wearing:

If I'm wearing a leather jacket/metal shows: Bvlgari Black
Whenever DTF or special occasion: Tom Ford Black Orchid
Working out: D&G Light Blue or Dior Eau Sauvage, both which I loved as a teenager but are now reminiscent of cat piss
Summer/beach/anything outside and I want to smell feminine: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess 2013 version
Professional: nothing except Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap and Old Spice deodorant
Business Casual: NR for Her or Chanel No. 19
Sleepy/comfort scent: NR Essence
I wish it was summer: Diptyque Philosykos, Pacifica Med. Fig
Average cold day: Dior Homme
Weekend: Jovan White Musk

I find Calvin Klein's Obsession repugnant but incredibly seductive at the same time. I have a sample and I've just been wearing it around the house.

Next on my list to buy is Fracas which is the ultimate white floral.

Last edited by sparkyoriental on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparkyoriental

Postby bels » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:06 am

Yo...

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:27 am

I want to pick up Terre d'hermes.

Two questions:

1) Which thing do I buy, the EDT spray eau de parfum cologne spray etc whatever

2) How do I pronounce it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:11 am

Katy always corrects me. I say her-meez (hɜːmiːz). She says air-mez (ârmez).

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby iamacyborg » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:35 am

iamacyborg

Postby Spartangy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:16 pm

I use Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb. Apparently it smells like sexy baking. Great stuff.

Also it's in a grenade-like bottle where you have to pull a 'pin' off each time to use it, so that's pretty neat too.

Last edited by Spartangy on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
, .
Spartangy

Postby Ampere » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Last edited by germinal on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed img, you need the ".jpg"
Ampere

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:55 pm

I got a sample of Le Labo Oud 27 and really love it. I think that's going to be the next fragrance i buy

Stingray Sam

Postby swatfishy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

thoughts on creed? got a small sample and while it smells quite nice i don't think it lives up to the hype. almost certainly not worth the price imo. i have read about batch inconsistencies though so maybe its that.

swatfishy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags