[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Toilet Water

Toilet Water

Clothes

Toilet Water

Postby germinal » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Das Parfum

i wear cdg avignon, when i remember (never)

germinal
Garminlad

Re: Toilet Water

Postby hooplah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:40 pm

i wear fresh sugar and lychee in the summer/spring time and flowerbomb in the fall/wintertime

i'm ambivalent towards or actively dislike most perfumes, so i found two that i like and i've worn them for years now. it's kind of nice, every once in a while someone will text me out of the blue and be like "i'm sitting next to a girl who smells exactly like you, how have you been?"

i find comfort in scent memory

so now you can smell me even if you live thousands of miles away

hooplah

Postby RycePooding » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:43 pm

All I've ever worn.

RycePooding

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Buying my first cologne was a really big deal - it was my 14th birthday present, and my mum and dad took me to the only place in Baghdad that sold western fragrances. I tried them all, and decided on a Davidoff perfume that I used exclusively for years. I really loved it, but it was discontinued years ago.

I tried a few others (I'm really into the industry), but nothing out there is as good as my current one -- Voyage d'Hermes. I think it might be perfect? I'll never use anything else until they stop making it.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby hunnish » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Bela recc'd me Jil Sander's cologne and it's pretty nice. Get good compliments and it's not expensive.

I tested a lot of the CDG scents at Epaulet in NYC and I honestly thought they were all pretty revolting. Wonderwood, which gets endless hype, smelled muskier than cyclist shorts after a century.

hunnish

Postby odradek » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:02 pm

i use tom ford - oud wood when it's cold because i think it sits well in sweaters and stuff, but generally i don't like cologne all that much. or i haven't found one i like. i'm happy to decant this one if anyone can tell me a good method.

i also find all of cdg's offerings unfortunate.

odradek

Postby thomaspaine » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 pm

I use the Black Fleece cologne, of course. I'm far from an expert but most department store and luxury brand colognes smell the same to me. Just that really heavy aqua scent that I associate with nightclubs and "cologne smell".

But really most days I just use Brut deodorant because I keep forgetting to buy some unscented deodorant to wear with cologne. I also just like saying Brut.

If I could find some Mandom that's what I'd wear though.

thomaspaine

Postby bels » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:48 pm

I bought Jil Sander For Men off Amazon without smelling it a while ago and now I'm firmly in favour of buying scents without smelling them.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sid3000 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 am

rotate between cdg x monocle hinoki and cdg kyoto
ill be in my tibetan monastery while you haters s the d.

sid3000

Postby smiles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:44 am

wonderwood (sorry hunny). Only when it gets cooler though.

it mellows out nicely after a few hours and i like smelling like a temple.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Cashmir » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:56 am

I use CDG Incense series Kyoto

the positives are it smells super cool (have also smelled Zagorsk, would also recommend) and it fades into another cool scent after like an hour.

Negatives are it smells weird depending on the season (Idk what else to use at this point) and you have to either be me or trying to smell me to smell it, as opposed to people within like 4 feet, which would be cooler, imo. Not really serious stuff

Cashmir

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:00 pm

need to find a stockist for the cdg synthetics series: something about smelling like a fake version of tar or a garage is really appealing to me

ramdomthought

Postby anonomous » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:29 am

Just bought some Thierry Mugler A*men yesterday and i quite like it! Smells woody and sweet. I think i'm gonna try out wonderwood CDG in the future

anonomous

Postby Syeknom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 am

I keep wearing Untitled by Margiela since I got given a stack of free samples ages ago. Tried some of the Replica range in HK and really enjoyed them too.

In Heathrow I tried a bit of the Dior Homme fragrances since they were cheap but wasn't very impressed. Ended up accidentally spraying myself with Issey Miyake for ladies and smelling like a fool on the plane.

Syeknom

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:57 pm

i'm trying to figure out how2fragrances right now. right now i'm deciding between viktor & rolf's flowerbomb (hello hoops) or the marc jacobs daisy scent (i admit my fondness for the daisy scent could be mostly just fondness for the actual bottle). i'll confess now i really wanted to like the daisy eau so fresh just because the bottle was so damn cute

mixed feelings about hanae mori butterfly

i think i actually just want to smell like peppermint candy now that i think about it

schiaparelli

Postby Rosenrot » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Why is it so fucking hard to find a scent that will make me smell like a Rick jacket? or Guidi boots? I've tried 4-5 leather notes and they're not primal enough.

Rosenrot

Postby slappa » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:55 pm

I got the Knize 10 as a christmas present a couple of years ago and it's easily the best leather composition I've experienced. It was originally released in 1924, but it doesn't smell 'old' rather distinctive and refined.

slappa

Postby hirokinakamura » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:57 pm

I want some tom ford tuscan leather

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby jrisk » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:19 am

jrisk

Postby ramseames » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:51 am

This is all I use. Cologne always seemed like something you're only ever wearing purely to attract the opposite sex which I really dislike the idea of, and I've had girls say they like how I smell with just Deodorant anyway.

ramseames

Postby bels » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:10 am

I'm always on the hunt for an alu free anti perspirant but I guess they don't exist.

How is that Baxter stuff?

I use:

At the moment.

Tbh if you were only wearing cologne to attract girls you'd have a hard time as noone can smell your cologne till you're right next to them. I wear cologne because it makes me feel "Put together"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Rosenrot » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:23 am

Rosenrot

Postby ramseames » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:54 am

Baxter stuff is nice, a little pricey but I just get it on Amazon. I'd imagine the aluminum might have something to do with preventing perspiration. That could be total bs though.

I dunno, it just makes me think of dudes at clubs paying the guy in the bathroom for too many spritzes of Hugo boss for men or whatever and then going back across the dancefloor to the bar and trying to buy drinks for every girl in sight. Maybe smelling like something nice would be enjoyable from a personal standpoint but that's filling a void I don't have rather expensively.

ramseames

Postby SisterRayVU » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:15 pm

I use Guerlain Jicky when I remember / when I'm going to some event / when I think the girl is going to wear something / when I see it and think 'Oh, I should use this'.

I think it has an earthy sort of leathery smell but it's moderated by more feminine tones and is supposed to be unisex. I dunno. Apparently people don't like the new one and like the vintage but I've had both and thought they were the same.

SisterRayVU

Postby smiles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm an aesop devotee.

like this perfume. fairly pricy though

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 am

I picked up some Aesop beard lotion stuff in hong kong - very nice but thoroughly expensive. They did serve us tea while we browsed though.

Syeknom

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I have made a nourishing beard oil that smells like Earl Grey a while back if anyone is interested. This is not a joke.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:54 pm

will it work on my head?

RycePooding

Postby smiles » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:24 am

bumping this thread with a recent purchase

very lovely. gonna pick up another in new york i think

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:26 am

This, oddly, will smell like what I sent Slappa. Bergamot is the scent added to Earl Grey tea. I LOVE the smell of it, I bet this smells amazing.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Next

Return to Tags