[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Toilet Water

Toilet Water

Clothes

Re: Toilet Water

Postby charybdis » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:30 pm

I smelled at the Margiela replica perfumes and got a headache so the lady kindly packed up two for me.

I'm really liking Lazy Sunday Morning (and not just because it's in line with my life goals). Trying to decide if I want a rollerball just for now, or to spring for the full size.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:57 pm

a ton of samples from an eBay decanter person arrived in the mail recently; my smallsize terre d'hermes is gone and cdg wonderwood is running out so was excited to try some new stuff since I'm not knowledgeable about fragrances. Got a couple Lutens samples I'd tried a few years ago, as well as a bunch of random things I'd never heard of before just to experience some new frags. Looking forward to using them (all up so I can try more haha).

I'm a nerd so I also like to think of them kind of like powerups

+2 pine needle ability

+1 sweetness

Fragrances are so much fun, I completely forget about clothes when I smell them. Women : is this what makeup is like?

yoyobeat

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:01 am

oooh I've recently been using the blackbird mizuchi fragrance. it smells like an old library to me. although the strength of the fragrance tapers off super fast and it basically just keeps a lingering note of cedar like smell. it's kind of one dimensional imo but I really dig it

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby odradek » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Soapocalypse Winter 2015:

- The only repeat offender here. Smells like an old wooden boat and gets you clean. Never smelled anything like it, so as far as I'm concerned, it's unique. Excellent staying power and people will ask you if you were at a tire fire earlier. Mixes well with colognes I like, which is a bonus. Not really ideal for warmer temperatures.

Otherwise, the theme is pretty swedish.
- I thought I had removed this from my cart, but I guess I removed the green tea stuff instead. Whoops. Doesn't smell like anything, probably really good for your face. My face is bomb as hell though, so I don't need this stuff.

- Smells like birch leaves. I like that scent, reminds me a bit of eastern european gasthofs. Probably better for spring than anything else.

- Smells a bit like an apothecary, pretty much anonymous. Clean and sterile without the negative associations sterile usually conjures up. More like safe. Can't tell if there's been some cross-talk between it and the pine tar, but I get hints of it. Doesn't seem season specific, feels like nice soap for people who don't care about soap; the common projects of soap. Says "GOOD FOR SHAVING" inside the box. There're salt crystals inside that are an abrasive and they're fucking awesome.

- Nicely sized bar that's supposed to smell like grapefruit, but I don't get the full-on citrus I was hoping for. Actually reminds me of body sprays girls used to wear in high school, so not super stoked on that. Again, doesn't feel appropriate for colder months, but I won't be getting to this for at least a couple of months so I'm hoping the smell will grow on me. Comes with a flyer about household tips to save water, like composting and checking your toilet for leaks. I won't shower with a friend because showering with someone else sucks.

- One guess what this smells like. Invokes both glamorous but dated hotels and, a little later, cough drops. Fresh like a cold day instead of fresh like a summer day. Also claims to have oats in it, which I hope gives it a little bit of an abrasive.

odradek

Postby synthese » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:59 pm

hello toilet friends. i would like to take a moment to recommend two tom ford fragrances that smell quite nice: cafe rose (ROSES WITH SPICE AND SOME...COFFEE) and plum japonais (MYSTERIOUS JAPANESE WOMAN IN A PATISSERIE ON A RAINY DAY IN DECEMBER). i wear the latter on a very regular basis and hence feel sexy and mysterious on an equally regular basis. i enjoy scents that smell good the day after i apply them because i am an unwashed slob and i feel that smelling like plums and incense with a hint of oud, especially when my bedsheets also smell like plum and incense with a hint of oud, lends a welcome air of sexiness and mystery to what would otherwise be an alarmingly slobby appearance when i arrive unshowerd and unshaven at my local coffee shop at 7 am every morning. also it smells like sex.

as with all fragrances, ordering a sample from the perfumed court or surrender to chance is recommended

synthese

Postby bels » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:37 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:03 am

went and tried on a bunch of toilet water the other week at selfridges as my birthday is coming up and everyone in my family hates buying me shit because they say i never want anything. gf suggested i look at the aftershave as i dont usually buy it myself because it's not a piece of outwear with a quirky print and to me most mens scents smell like how clubbing in TRAMPS on a saturday feels. after trying a few i was assured that my previous views were right, all the big names smelt very strong, i skipped the ever popular creeds as my mate on the fish counter (funny that eh?) loves them and gave me a few samples last year, not for me. tried on marjelly fireplace, at first i was like damn i smell like a 90's smoking lounge which is not what i wanted, but as it mellowed out it just ended up smelling like hollister.

then i found L'EAU D'ISSEY POUR HOMME by ISSEY MIYAKE, it was lemony and and such, smelt very fresh which i did enjoy. similar to flash kitchen cleaner on application? then it mellows out into a rather pleasant smell which someone on ~basenotes~ would describe as "citrus and aqua". not the most interesting scent in the world but v pleasant.

gf got me a bottle for valentines day, now the family is stumped once more!

maj

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:34 am

I've been loving Blackbird Hallow, but I'm not huge in this game. I remember getting some EdP for pretty damn cheap.

I think I remember Lilith by Olympic Orchids, but I also know hated it. Probably too flowery if I tried it again.

I have samples (probably lost 'them) of Wonderwood, Wonderoud, Amazingreen. I should buckle down and just buy Wonderwood, probably.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby chadnik » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:21 pm

It's really great when you sniff a note you thought you disliked and have your mind changed-blown in an instant. I had that happen recently with Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Lumiere Noire, with its narcissus. I haven't had a huge amount of experience with narcissus, but for some reason the ones I'd tried before had been dusty, toilet-at-the-Ritz antiques—really nauseating to me. This narcissus is none of those things: it is golden, indolent, warm, enveloping yet light; it's a shaft of hot sunlight on an already-warm day that hits you while you're relaxing on a couch with a silk pillow behind your head, and you don't need to be hotter to be more comfortable, but you welcome the extra heat nuzzling your scalp...

Plus, look how pretty this bottle is *_*

chadnik

Postby cormac » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:07 pm

I got some frankincense when I went to Israel/Jordan over winter break. It's solid object that i can rub on my wrists/neck. Does anyone know what season would best suit it? It's a fairly standard sweet citrus/bergamot/slightly spicy of frankincense.

I just started getting into fragrances last December. After researching what I would most like for a winter scent, I went with L'Occitane's Eau Des Beux, which I liked quite a bit. I also inherited Claiborne Curve from a stepbrother, and It's surprisingly pretty good for what it is and how I received it. I'm not sure where I actually want to go for the future, but I really like CDG Play Black.

cormac

Postby Stolsdos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:07 am

Has anyone had any experience buying l'eau d'issey off of amazon? Quite a few reviewers are saying their bottles are fake :/ I just wanted to make sure because the price is really good(too good?)

Stolsdos

Postby synthese » Sat May 07, 2016 9:20 pm

synthese

Postby synthese » Sat May 07, 2016 9:29 pm

I would like to take a moment to talk about Tam Dao, which is a sandalwood fragrance produced by Diptyque. Specifically, I would like to take a moment to talk about how ridiculously good it smells. This is a scent I had read about a great deal on the interwebz, but had never smelled until a female friend of mine wore it in my illustrious presence, at which point I expounded at great length on the topic of how ridiculously good she smelled, and she then furnished me with my own sample to enjoy (I plan to buy a bottle at some point in the near future).

If you are unfamiliar, Tam Dao is, as described by Dyptique, a scent featuring sandalwood, rosewood, and other things that smell like things you would probably like to smell like. I have never been to Tam Dao national park, but if the national park smells anything like this fragrance, that is a good thing - because I probably would not have left. Tam Dao smells like shirts unbuttoned one button more than is strictly necessary. Tam Dao smells like the morning after in a beautiful, tropical vacation bungalow; the kind that sits on an abandoned beach and is surrounded by large holes in the sand that you know belong to those creepy giant land crabs that only come out in the evening. Tam Dao smells like forests and oceans and clouds and fog and mystery and very comfortable bed sheets. And it is my opinion that Tam Dao is completely unisex. It is a very good smell.

I would suggest that toilet friends who are looking for an everyday fragrance take a moment to order a small sample of Tam Dao. At 90$ for 50mL, it is relatively affordable, and certainly worth the experiment if you are a fan of sandalwood (or if you're not sure if you're a fan of sandalwood, but you think you might be).

synthese

Postby dakaf_fal » Sun May 08, 2016 10:29 pm

I've been messing with a sample of L'artisan Timbuktu in an attempt to find a spicy scent suitable for warmer weather. Very interesting, but I don't find it very wearable. If Raiders of the Lost Ark had a scent, it would smell like Timbuktu. I'd probably like it better as a room spray or in a reed diffuser.

dakaf_fal

Postby shar pei » Mon May 09, 2016 12:08 am

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:25 am

been slowly chipping away at this as an almost-daily

i've been pretty obsessed with mild bittersweet citrusy smells, eg grapefruit, pomelo, yuzu, and geranium leaf.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby evilfriends » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello friends! :smile:

My grandma wants to get me something for christmas because I'm such a good grandson. I've been looking at Margiela fragrances lately and Beach Walk really caught my eye. From what I've read about it sounds like it would really be up my alley. The thing is, it's labeled as a female fragrance - I'm just wondering if it would be weird for me (being a guy) to wear it?

I have absolutely no knowledge at all about this kind of thing so any help is appreciated. My previous fragrances (like Comme des Garçons Amazingreen) have mostly been unisex. Maybe someone who really knows their shit around fragrances can suggest a unisex alternative to Beach Walk?

One of the (very few) downsides about living in a rural german wasteland is that most exotic fragrances other than the smell of hard work, coal mines and existential dread are quite hard to come by.

evilfriends

Postby Lorcan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Lorcan

Postby bels » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:45 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby dakaf_fal » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:54 pm

I've been messing around with a bunch of different samples lately. Today I'm wearing Serge Lutens Borneo 1834. I got it because I wanted a dirty, earthy scent with vegetal undertones. Unfortunately it's way too gourmand for me. While I can see how someone would describe this as earthy, I just smell loads of cocoa. There's a little underlying floral and patchouli as well, but I can't get over the fact that I smell like a mug of hot chocolate.

I've also tried Le Labo Oud 27, which is delightfully skanky and intoxicating. It's got a sour tang with a distinct wet fur scent and musky undertones. Also getting slight whiffs of ambergris and Vetiver, though I'm not sure I would have identified them without reading the scent notes. I probably like it so much because it's definitely not a crowd pleaser.

dakaf_fal

Postby odradek » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Arlight, sports friends, it's that time of year again:

Soapocalypse Winter 2016

This time I ordered exclusively from Kala. I liked the sea salt soap enough to give it another shot and just sort of ran down the line. They seem to stay in a pretty similar smell bandwidth.

GOD JUL Merry Christmas Soap - not convinced this isn't sea salt soap without the actual sea salt. Not sure how it suggests christmas, but the bar has a christmas tree milled out of the top and that's kind of cool.

Season Soap - a very warm soap. feels like a fir tree, but not with snow on it. A bit muddled, kind of like a scented candle store. I'd have to see how it sits on the skin.

Sea Aster soap - This shit smells like the beach. An east coast US beach before it gets too hot and too many tourists show up, but the water is still warm enough to swim in, but not for too long, so you run back up to the extravagant beach house you're renting with 18 friends, knowing a hurricane will destroy it in the next ten years but you feel pretty good now, so why worry?

Cabin Soap - Not sure what to make of this. Part hand soap in a nice restaurant's bathroom, part window display of a mall store selling the wilderness lifestyle. Fairly muted.

Volcanic Ash - Ad campaign for this would be a guy dressed like a viking bathing in a waterfall. There's something a little synthetic about it, like, as a negative to some of the nature smells at play here, like being in the changing room after doing the sauna-to-snow-to-sauna jump a few times and knowing you have to go back to work or something.

Sea Salt Soap - I just really like how this stuff smells. I bought a candle of the scent, too, so now my room can smell like it instead of just me out of the shower.

Overall, less pleased than last year's haul, but I came around to the shower with a friend stuff so I'm hoping I come around to some of these. Probably gonna regret not buying any Mistral soap, which i recommend highly, but there's always later.

odradek

Postby ramseames » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Try the Aesop bar next

Its like $25 or something but it's the size of a supreme brick and very nice

ramseames

Postby blanket » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:43 am

blanket

Postby bels » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:58 am

Through various corporate connections I've been awarded with some pot pourri from Santa Maria Novella

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/27/trave ... pothecary/

I've dumped it into my white tshirt drawer and it rules. I recommend this concept

bels
Yung Winona

Postby dakaf_fal » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm going to continue monopolizing this thread to talk about Serge Lutens. This time it's going to be Gris Clair.

The opening makes me gag, it's an overpoweringly powdery lavender. It smells very traditional and very feminine, like something your grandmother might wear. There's also an underlying 'fresh' scent which smells sort of like dryer sheets. Or maybe a Yankee Candle Co. candle with a name like mountain breeze or fresh linen or cool water.

Things begin to get a little more interesting in the drydown. The lavender is still there, but there's also a distinct odor of ozone and burning electrical components. I've never smelled burning dryer sheets, but this is how I'd imagine they would smell. This makes me very uneasy, I keep catching whiffs of it throughout the day and have to repeatedly remind myself that nothing is on fire. I also think the fresh lavender opening has much more projection than the burning smell, which is pretty interesting. I like the idea that other people smell flowers while I'm smelling melting fuses.

Eventually the burning smell subsides. There's still hints of the fresh scent from the opening, but it's a sterile cleanliness. It smells ashen and cold, like a fire that's long since gone out.

While this is a truly impressive fragrance, I don't find it very wearable. It is in no way soothing, rather it's exhausting to wear since it demands your attention. I might use it again on occasion because I enjoy smelling weird, but this could never be a daily scent. Still, I would recommend it to anyone who likes experimental scents or wants some serious lifestyle synergy with their cyberpunk fits.

dakaf_fal

Postby popcorn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 pm

popcorn

Postby bels » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Does anyone make a perfume that smells like aeroplane bathrooms?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tttigre » Wed May 10, 2017 3:02 pm

this isn't actually toilet water but i have reasons i'll post this here anyway.

aesop spray deodorant

recently i've reached peak booj and now i'm a big aesop fan. hand soap, lotion, conditioner, body wash, deodorant. it's a whole thing. it all smells really good.

this deodorant initially surprised me because it isn't also an antiperspirant, which is something i should have realized. in my opinion, that makes it a little more like your run of the mill cologne, because it's essentially spray-on fragrance. the fragrance itself is also fairly complex and does not have that chemical-freshness smell that most deodorants have, but smells quite organic and natural. i think the one i've got is coriander seed and vetiver root, so you smell like that. to me, it's a quite unobtrusive and emotional scent, which is not necessarily evocative of typical 'freshness' or 'cleanliness' but rather of nature, or being outside in general. it reminds me of that interesting earthiness of the visvim room spray i had (no. 1, FIL). i would consider it unisex.

anyway, i've never been a cologne guy at all but i quite like this stuff, and i see it thusly as "cologne-sort-of-thing-for-people-who-don't-want-cologne". to me, it helps me smell not like typical deodorant, but also doesn't make me smell too much like anything else. make sure to pair it with fragrance-less antiperspirant.

@Ques i also initially thought that but i turned out to be misguided. maybe i'm just a sweatier than average fellow but it turned out sweat can definitely pierce deodorant

Last edited by tttigre on Thu May 11, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
若者文化
tttigre

Postby dakaf_fal » Wed May 10, 2017 6:46 pm

Would you recommend the Visvim room spray? I've heard that No. 1 is considered the best, but I've never seen it in store to test it and I hate to blind buy fragrances. On the other hand, I like all things Visvim and niche fragrances and bougie home goods, so I feel like I'm the target audience for this.

dakaf_fal

Postby tttigre » Thu May 11, 2017 11:47 am

@dakaf_fal

i would recommend the room spray, but emphasize trying to get it at japan msrp or a secondhand price. probably not worth any markup or the proxy price, but n.b. i may also not place as much value into these type of things as others. i have seen them occasionally available on grailed/ebay so hopefully that option is there.

no. 1 is the best. it's been years since i tried them all but i remember thinking it was the runaway favorite.

若者文化
tttigre

PreviousNext

Return to Tags