[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Clothes

Re: Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Postby sick boy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:25 pm

I was playing around with the proportions on this, but I'm not totally sold on the end result. Definitely open to suggestions.

sick boy

Postby arcticsound » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:43 pm

not the most ground-breaking DIY but I realized today that I don't fuck with hi-tops so I chopped up my old vans. might actually wear them now.

arcticsound

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Cut the tongue too like they're full cabs

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:10 pm

From this angle I'd like a bit more (or less) length on it, not to be generically oversized but the body feels like it's in this weird middle ground that results in a relatively Normal body length that in contrast with the rest of the garm feels a bit jarring.

Dig the sleeves and the way they fall especially though, and overall this is really a fuckin rad piece.

ramdomthought

Postby sick boy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:24 pm

I couldn't add more length, so I cropped it by a couple of inches. Much better. I may end up shortening the sleeves too.

A thrift store near my house had more of this wool than I know what to do with for $7.50. It's actually not bad at all, and the material cost per piece is basically nothing. I'm into the fit of these, not so much into the pocket flaps.

sick boy

Postby sick boy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:13 am

New shirt pattern, new white walls.

Things I'm happy with:
The cuff, pleats, and overall cut of the shirt is right where I want.

Things that could be better:
The layout of the buttons
The collar is still the main thing that never quite seems right. It's improving from shirt to shirt though, so that's nice to see.

sick boy

Postby sick boy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:21 pm

I bought some denim on impulse but have enough standard five pocket jeans. The detailing is whack but I'm into it, and the cut turned out really well too. It is a modification from my double knee fatigues. Higher waist, larger thighs, and a strong taper.

sick boy

Postby costanza » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:20 pm

Ordered a cobra buckle yesterday to make a dope ass belt. But now I'm looking for a *n i c e* nylon strap. I'm thinking that the density and texture of a seat-belt would be really cool but I don't know if there exists any 1" seat-belt webbings (the buckle has 1" holes). Anyone know where I could find something like that? Alternative suggestions to the seat-belt idea are also very welcome. If you know of a good strap, I want to know what you know.

costanza

Postby sick boy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:28 pm

I traded a shirt for a painting. Some changes from the usual are the strap, hidden placket, raw hem, and using darts to shape the sleeve. The material is linen,

FUNCTIONAL strap if you're into that.

You can see some of the darts here.

sick boy

Postby costanza » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Belt is done! Decided to purchase a polyester satin strap which was cheap as fuck. Cost me £1.4 and together with the buckle at £15.6 + 4.4 shipping landing at a total of £21.4

Very cheap for the result in my opinion, the only thing I'm dissatisfied with is how I sew the strap together at the ends (visible two photos down). I should've used a finer string than the waxed bookbinding string I used. It got the whole end to get all shriveled up. Details are nice and that's a very average detail right now. Might make a new strap at some point.

costanza

Postby sick boy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Some new wool pants, I was going for something like these, at least as far as the pleats:
Details

sick boy

Postby Baddarn » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:11 pm

Distressed lace tee. Simple stuff but I'm really happy with the subtle clash of feminine/masculine/trashy/dressed up.

Back
Neck
Shoulder
Hem

- -
Baddarn

Postby Baddarn » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:52 am

ofc! just promise to post the result!

- -
Baddarn

Postby mujicorp » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for pretty easy DIY to try on raw denim shirts, i've thrifted a couple and feel like thrift prices make experimenting w raw denim feasible and not a total waste of money.

I'm not really looking to cut and sew, more looking for weird ways to wash/rinse that could provide interesting fades n stuff (i'm not peeing or cumming on them)

i can attach pics of the shirts when i get home but theyre just a raw button down and a western shirt w the snaps.

mujicorp

Postby midvh » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:16 am

My SO is studying textile engineering here in Borås, and yesterday she let me try knitting on their hand-driven knitting machines (really not sure what I should call them). It was fun, but pretty tricky. My lack of knowledge on how knitting really works probably made it harder as well. Here's a pic of my view while I was knitting what was going to be a beanie :

The blue fabric you see is the finished knit attached to some weight so keep it straight. When you're done you detach the knit from the machine, secure all the loose loops and you'll get this thing:

Then you gather the fabric in one end and close the side with some simple hand stitches. This is the first one I made, will finish another (hopefully better) one today :woop:

The Swedish school of textile is reaaaally cool btw, they got hundreds of different knitting, weaving and sewing machines. If you ever get the chance you should visit the place! I might even buy you a cup of coffee.

midvh

Postby midvh » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:12 pm

More beanies! These ones are made with ten wool threads (compared to two on the first ones I made), so they're quite thick. I pretty happy about how they turned out and I will be giving these away as christmas gifts.

I've actually made a pair of pants for myself as well. I used some kind of navy wool/poly mix and a Burda pattern with some minor adjustments. There's obviously a lot of room for improvement (especially when it comes to the details), but overall I'm pretty happy considering it's the first garment I've ever made.

Sorry about the shitty photos, I blame it on the lack of sunlight. They're not really a slim as they look, and the back features two darts on each side and a double welt pocket. I'll post an update or waywt or something with better pics! :grin:

midvh

Postby costanza » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 pm

After ordering a bunch of key rings and 1 mm brass links the links FINALLY arrived last week. I had given up hope of receiving them, but they finally arrived something like 2-3 months late. I've had an idea to make this sort of modular t-shirt for a while where there are basically points of attachments for 'clothing jewelry' so you could attach a bunch of different things for it to give the resulting garment a degree of flexibility. Yesterday night and today I finally got to make the first thing to attach.

A big thing for the idea was to have the shirt remain washable so I don't have to hand wash it everytime I wear it so the attachment will likely be some type of cord.

The next piece for the same garment is to make some chain mail things for the shoulders in the same size as the connectors for the necklace or whatever it is.

costanza

Postby iralanwitnuk » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:24 pm

I swapped the sleeves on an old flannel with a sweater and added a square hem

With the mild winters here, this shirt is warm enough to put over a shirt/sweater and the sleeves make it feel like I'm wearing a blanket..

I made a lab coat/shop coat thing as well

this was my first time sewing anything like this, so the stitching is a little rough (the lapels don't fall like I want and the pockets are an inch or so too low), but i'm getting better as i go along! the main fabric is a sheet, so this jacket will be perfect to wear in the spring/summer/fall.

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby _Organism » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Who made it better, me or ? (Baddarn did, but to be fair I don't have a sewing machine)

s/o to my boy Harry for printing the graphic

_Organism

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:52 am

behold, the jeans that I took to hell and back with me.

never got around to finishing the sashiko stitching because I outgrew them.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby meatjacket » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Used to have 2 pairs of red and green 70s converse, but now i have a black and white pair

new pair of patch pants, mostly handsewn becuase i ahvent figured out how to do it nicely on a machine yet. it's in its own way.

back

meatjacket

Postby midvh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Another pair of trousers! More work wear-ish this time. I used a medium weight cotton twill and contrasting topstitching. They came out a bit too big in the waist after some minor adjustments in the seat area, but I'll just use a belt.

I made a shirt as well, but it turned out pretty shitty. I needed to finish it for an application to a school ( :woop: ), so I made it good enough for the photos. The cuffs came out decent though.

midvh

Postby sick boy » Mon May 29, 2017 10:59 pm

i made some stuff

some shirts for my friends' band, even tricked them into helping. the material is seersucker and muslin we found at a thrift store. there is a faint print on the muslin parts with a lino block we used on a few other things for the band.

a couple of commissions

a shirt for myself. the body is all one piece with an opening for the sleeves, so it closes up around the sleeve cap, and with one long seam across the shoulder and the top of the sleeve.

sick boy

Postby Naka_ » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:50 am

Hey there, long time no post. My studio this semester was based around tailoring, annd I just wanted to share with you the jacket I just finished making! It's all constructed with needlefelting, so the only orthodox sewing involved was hand-basting seams and balance lines, and the sleeve linings. It's made out of undyed wool felt.

ImageImage

Naka_

Postby sick boy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:32 pm

i found some sketches, these are some of the better ones

sick boy

Postby sick boy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:25 pm

i was going for a type 1 denim jacket type thing, except out of wool. no buttons, pleats down the front, and one inside pocket.

for these i took the dimensions from a pair of dickies (874?), but went with patch pockets on the back, and a different waistband

another take on the type 1, this time in linen

something different, closes with a zipper and two buttons on the collar, the collar works up or down, and the material is brushed cotton

sick boy

Postby _Organism » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:40 pm

finally got a sewing machine, among other things I patched my roommate's jacket for him with an old kaws tee he had :^)

(he's studying photojournalism so I had him shoot the pictures)

_Organism

Postby sick boy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:05 am

my friend had some ideas for an old denim jacket. said friend is also modeling.

this is how it started out

the additions are a mix of leathers, shearling, corduroy, and vinyl. we also added a rose gold lining, just to be even more decadent.

I made myself a pair of jeans too, the last pair I made myself are like 38-40" at the waist, these are 31"

also, not quite diy since there are other people involved, but i recently started working with , there is a pair of jeans up for pre order that while not my design are so sick, and i'll be doing production work. we're also working on a jacket strongly influenced by this one, where i'm doing some of the design and production. I`m super excited about this project, and more dope shit is to follow soon.

sick boy

Postby _Organism » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:21 pm

back with some more incredibly amateur projects

mostly messing around with sweatshirts bc they're mad cheap at thrift stores. A lot of my projects have the same floral from a table cloth I found, but I think it's kind of nice how it ties them together. :^)

_Organism

Postby sick boy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:42 pm

a couple of my shirts were falling apart so i made one. corduroys from a couple of years ago are holding up nicely though.

sick boy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags