[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Charming boy is charming (DIY thread)

Clothes

Re: Small wallet, big ideas - the DIY thread

Postby jjetpants » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Has anyone ever painted a pair of shoes to get that dipped/cracked paint look a la Margiela?
might give it a shot one some beat down pair of shoes when there's nothing left to lose

jjetpants

Postby jrisk » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 pm

grabbed cheap sweat and cut the sleeves off. took it for a test run at the grocery store.

jrisk

Postby Bootz_Rex » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:31 am

I went to a joann fabrics the other day. Spent an hour feeling overwhelmed and then left empty handed because none of the fabrics were thick/interesting enough to me.

Bootz_Rex

Postby exprof » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:28 pm

I've been knitting for a while now, I've made like half a dozen hats/scarves and two sweaters (one of which my darling sister shrunk in the wash D:) I usually knit when I'm reading, its actually really pleasant for your hands to have something to do. The result is almost always better than machine knitting, and everything is inherently "loopwheeled" and seamless if you use circular needles.

Also, sooo much pretty yarn, I think I want to try my luck with some mohair socks a la dries van noten.

exprof

Postby sick boy » Wed May 07, 2014 4:32 pm

I took advantage of the mill nobody uses in shop class and made a key hook. It should open bottles too.

How it sits:

sick boy

Postby TheLouisVuittonPawn » Sun May 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Exciting

TheLouisVuittonPawn

Postby thatbiglake » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:08 am

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby sick boy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:28 pm

All of the buttons got ripped off of my jacket at a hardcore show, so I made new ones.

The only process picture:

Going to be altering a huge pair of wrangler bell bottoms to make something levi's red-ish later, so that should be cool too.

sick boy

Postby sauce » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:46 pm

ok so im thinking about taking this vest and using it to make a lining for this parka

just looking for some feedback. is it just a stupid idea? or does it have the possibility of looking really cool?

sauce

Postby slappa » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:22 pm

My dad fell in love with a vintage pair of cufflinks on the internet that was long gone. I made these as a gift for him on his birthday instead.

slappa

Postby sick boy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Before:

After:

I was going for a slightly curved, slightly tapered leg and a huge top block. There are two darts in the back, which I might go back later and make them bigger since the jeans started out as a 38 the ass is still a bit too big, which makes the back pockets flare out weirdly.

sick boy

Postby sick boy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Added some slits to the side of this Red Kap oxford because it was draping strangely when my hands were in my pockets.

Before:

After:

Full shot:

sick boy

Postby sick boy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Made from an old Eddie Bauer shirt, with the seams sewn up with linen. I waxed the outside, and the top panel inside is a pocket.

sick boy

Postby can- » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:17 pm

how much do I have to pay u for one of those

can-

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 am

@sick boy

yoo red kap is so cool. im finna buy some red kap trousers here in a minute. shjirt looks awesome

JonjoShelvey

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Every four weeks I spend a few days in Dublin with my day job and I don't have much to do in the evenings (although I did meet up with a chap off reddit yesterday).

I've started embroidering. I don't think embroirers have 'tags' like street artists but I'm claiming the blackfaced sheep as mine.

Here's what I did tonight to my jacket. Last month I put a couple of sheep on my eytys.

Skills: chain stitch, French knot, cross stitch.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby thatbiglake » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:53 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby forestfeet » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:57 pm

I've been making loads of clutches and tiny bags lately. Just made this one for a certain someone who may or may not have invited me to this lovely forum, coughhisorrycough, and I really need to send it to her but wanted to photograph it first.

front

back

It's waxed canvas and the print is my own screenprint.

Also sorry to @calc I've been meaning to message you, got slammed with work and completely forgot I was going to make you a thing. Will message you.

full album there you know.

forestfeet

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:09 pm

I have something I want to do but I don't really know how, I want to print something like these patterns on a scarf or something similar. Never done anything like this before but I really want to do something with this, I don't really have a concept of how much this would cost or how to go about it but if anyone could give some advice or recommend some reading that would be sweet.

That's cool but what I like about this fungal pattern is the organic nature of it, it's like a living paisley print.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby bobo77 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:52 pm

My brother is switching schools this year, and I was interested in experimenting with dying clothing, so I dyed my Levi’s Trucker Jacket, in his new school’s color, for an early birthday present.

I started with this.

And ended up with this

Process in Spoiler

bobo77

Postby kyung » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:46 pm

saw this uniqlo shirt in the store and got major cdg shirt vibes from it, so i decided to cut up some old oxford and sewed a contrast yoke and pocket on to it

also got some questions about the jeans im wearing. they're just some uniqlo selvedge jeans i bleached and i sort of liked how uneven it was. i saw the denim patch on some nbhd pants and i decided to do something similar. the crappy sew job is just where the stitching was coming loose so i reinforced it. then i took an old gingham jcrew shirt and sewed on a patch underneath the hole on my right knee

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Not sure where else to post this, but I'll start here and x-post to the market if that's more appropriate. Anyway, finished my first "needles rebuild"! Here's a couple pics. It's a size large and I'm selling it for 40$ shipped USA(OBO). Shirt was thrifted, some of the fabric was thrifted, the rest bought at my local joanns.

Measurements:
p2p: 25"
arm (shoulder seam to wrist): 25"
length (down seam at shoulder): 28"

Got lots more shirts to do, but wanted to get this one up and maybe get some feedback.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:20 am

and some of the plaids are cut running along selvedge and some aren't, I took a rough brush to the edges to make them fray and kinda wear unevenly, as I think that's in the spirit of the original garment. could def run along the edges to make sure they don't fray all the way though.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:11 pm

prototype of diy jacketsling

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:37 am

up close pix was very easy to do

I used hem tape for the little loops that the webbing goes through, probably the coolest thing you can make out of a beginner sewing project
If anyone wants a fit pictures or just more pix I'm cool with that

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:59 pm

fit pictures

http://imgur.com/a/4roaU#zYBCn1S

I'll make try and make a video

BIGBEE

Postby frogosaurus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:16 am

Getting kind of bored with my generic Levi's trucker and thinking of modifying it to look like this LVC one. Any ideas as to where I could get a fairly large & cool patch to go on the back?

frogosaurus

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:03 pm

handknit sweater complete :woop: Strawberries cover my shorts because they looked weird in this pic

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:22 pm

I have to confess exprof I did not make it, my mother made it for me when I was in 5th grade. Now I can finally wear it :woop:
My mom is a very experienced knitter. she has always been able to knit, she can't remember not knowing how to knit because she learned so young.
it's this pattern by the way
http://www.allegroyarns.com/dale/dale7911.html

Edit: it took her a whole summer to make. god my mom is so cool; I can't believe how long it took me to realize

BIGBEE

Postby sick boy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 am

I made a jacket and finally put the steel buttons to use.

sick boy

PreviousNext

Return to Tags