[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby can- » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:21 pm

they briefly had a stockist in NYC, FOG, but they shuttered 6 months ago. shame bc their stock list was mint- presidents, maiden noir (and x new era jpn), carter + sons, taps, ds Dundee, Fred perry. there's some back stock on yoox but it's hard to gauge how actively the brand is producing clothes.

can-

Postby ramseames » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Weird because they have an ss14 lookbook up so you'd think they'd have to be at least somewhat active.

that blows tho. only place to get mn now is memes i guess?

ramseames

Postby balloons » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:36 am

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby Catfush » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:29 pm

I saw a google doc with Dana Lee sizing information on MFA a couple weeks ago and I can't seem to find it anymore. Anyone know where to find sizing info/have a link to the doc?

Catfush

Postby grippers » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 pm

I just moved, so I'm in the process of reorganizing my wardrobe. Unfortunately i'm tight for space so I wanted to know;

How many of you hang your t-shirts and l/s? Should I be worried about stretching of the fabric?

grippers

Postby sid3000 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:59 pm

does anyone have a good grasp on how to distinguish a knit from just a sweater, or more specifically a jumper/pullover? I've noticed there's been more labeling of anything that's made with either robust or "really nice" fabric (mohair. etc) lumped into a knit category and want to understand the criteria better

sid3000

Postby germinal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Most fabrics are either knit or woven. Woven fabrics have a warp and a weft and don't really stretch when you tug them unless they contain spandex. They also wrinkle more easily. A knit is made from one continuous yarn looped into itself. The jersey cotton in t-shirts is a knit. Knits stretch which is why you shouldn't hang them. Knit refers to the fabric; jumper etc refer to the garment

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:55 pm

sweatshirts are knits so no

can-

Postby hooplah » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:36 pm

hooplah

Postby Syeknom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:40 pm

who was that designer where their stuff was hanging in DSM and you frowned in disapproval because the shapes of the clothes is so specific and hanging will ruin it?

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:49 pm

alaia! http://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/read/intervie ... r-treasure

another article in the same issue of i-D said you should store Alaia pieces in drawers with plenty of tissue paper otherwise the shape will fall out of the garment

germinal
Garminlad

Postby balloons » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:55 pm

what about somewhat thick hoodies? I have a qlo pullover that's somewhat thick and I dunno if I can hang it or not

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby YoungCanoeist » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 pm

how do i tag someone in a c-t post?

YoungCanoeist

Postby balloons » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 am

okay, coming up on like post 3 relating to converse

in the bottom shoe, the black line may have been painted over or something? should I use a paint marker or acrylic paint or something? would this hold up or wear in weirdly?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby brlmski » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:22 am

brlmski

Postby radicalbusiness » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:48 am

Going to be heading to Boston for a week this saturday to visit my brother, friends, and colleges. Def going to be spending a good amount of time walking around the city/shopping. What are some good clothing stores (boutiques, thrift shops, cool B&Ms) to check out? Any other cool things worth checking out like galleries, parks, museums and whatnot?

radicalbusiness

Postby jrisk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:40 am

You've got to check out bodega, really cool little place to look around. They and Concepts have cool sneaks. this weekend, I'm hoping to check out Steven Alan and the Levis store which has a bunch of LVC and M&C so I've heard. Also, the Closet is a pretty cool consignment store. Those last three are all on newbury street.

jrisk

Postby ptozzi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:07 pm

How do I resize images on here so they don't take up the whole width of the page?

ptozzi

Postby eskdc » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:22 pm

What's the likelihood of finding something like the below in the fall? I didn't urgently need it, but I really want one. It seems they were everywhere last F/W and was wondering if that'll carry over to F/W 14

eskdc

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:30 pm

I would say high, with more variations of tweed patterns.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby asianfuntime » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:41 pm

I've been eyeballing this jacket for a while. it's quite a bit of money (to some/most people, not really) at my budget and point in life, but I'd like to start branching into items that make my personal style. thoughts?

if anyone owns this item in a small, it'd be great to have a review and measurements for it.

EDIT:

also what do you think of their Valhalla hoodie as a beginner item to bigger hoods and stuff?

Last edited by asianfuntime on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asianfuntime

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby asianfuntime » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:35 pm

asianfuntime

Postby Bryan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy some Raf Simons x Asics shoes in the near future.

These in particular:

Thanks to some kind folk on /fa/ I have 2 leads right now, Rakuten Japan, and an ebay user who has them apparently but aren't listen.

I'm looking for more potential leads on these fine shoes so I may be buried in them, any and all help is appreciated .

Cheers.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I should be looking for a 44/45. I'm a 45 in Rafdidas but I dunno how they fit.

wya
Bryan

Postby rjbman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:09 pm

What's everyone's preferred scarf-tying method?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Syeknom » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Depends on the scarf and the outfit. Generally a "Parisian Knot". Sometimes I just drape it down and wrap and flip one long end around my neck and over my back.

Syeknom

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:27 pm

If you're doing it purely for warmth, I think looping the scarf around once, so both ends are draping on your chest on either side is the best way to go. Wear it slightly loose and create cozy boy air pockets. Plus I don't think it looks bad.

EDIT: Question.. people who have experience dyeing clothes, why do things I dye black (RIT dye) instead turn out more dark purpley grey? Would it have to do with the fabric/salt/water/ratio?

IsaiahSchafer

Postby brlmski » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:10 pm

brlmski

Postby starfox64 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:02 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby WussWayne » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:28 pm

Does anyone know of any other pants with a similar cut to visvim highwater chinos?

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

PreviousNext

Return to Tags