[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby bels » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:36 pm

What brands should my sister punch into rakuten if she wants to dress like a mori girl?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Blastoise » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:13 pm

I wear a small but thanks anyway! Where is it from? Any pictures?

Blastoise

Postby tomsfood » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Anyone own Tevas? How do they fit? Like or dislike?

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:36 pm

what are supreme hoodies printed on??

what is the brand association of MISHKA in NYC?

JonjoShelvey

Postby kyung » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:40 pm

Are supreme hoodies still made with cyc basics? Dunno about recent seasons but old supreme hoodies are like wings+horns/rc quality I believe

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Cashmir » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 pm

I think they dropped CYC a couple seasons back but I don't recall if that rumor was substantiated or not

Cashmir

Postby can- » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:14 pm

I am pretty sure supreme hoodies are still produced by CYC. the fabric varies from product to product, sometimes its a heavyweight all cotton crosshatch, sometimes lighter fleece, they've been playing with a uneven texture 80/20 fleece for about a year which i'm almost positive is CYC make.

MISHKA is a jackthreads brand which lives with volcom, obey, the hundreds, bbc/ice cream, diamond supply, etc

can-

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:56 pm

Any recommendations for brands or models to look for in regards to cargo pants? I own a pair of J Brand troopers, and am looking at Julius (def used for those) if that gives an idea of the style I'm interested in. Pretty much the only "requirements" i'm looking for is tapered below the knee (as big and baggy or whatever above the knee is fine with me) and either black, grey, or somewhere on the indigo spectrum (any sort of wash).

EDIT: Also interested in everyone's opinion on knock-off items. I fully sympathize with the "diluting the brand" argument, but at the same time, some time you just can't afford a designer item. In this context, I admit I have looked at dreambaskets and considered it.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby bels » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:45 am

MMMMMMMmmaharishi

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:52 am

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:56 am

I think it's a bit of an assumption that buying a knock off focuses on obtaining items because they're popular cool rather than perfect or genuinely interesting.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:43 am

Almost everyone here would agree that buying a knock off purely for the status that the real thing would confer is lame. But I don't think we're very good at telling the difference between what we "like" and what we "want for status reasons" in ourselves.

My watch is a knockoff Stowa Antea, and whenever anyone mentions it the first thing I say is that it's a knock off even though only one person has ever known what an original Stowa Antea is. It's because I'm so confident that the reason I bought it was my refined aesthetic taste rather than any gauche social status thing. I'm sure plenty of people who buy knock offs feel the same way. If anyone asked they'd be happy to say it's not authentic, that the reason they bought it was that they liked the style/features/whatever of item x but couldn't afford to own them, would happily take a lower quality version of the same thing if it was produced at their price point.

There are plenty of things that are too interesting to get produced at a lower price point and I don't think that buying the knock off is anymore victim status than scouring classifieds and scrimping together cash to get the real thing.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bobo77 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Were adidas Rod Lavers discontinued? Are they releasing them later this season? I want to get a pair and put on red laces and beat them up like Micheal Cera this summer.

bobo77

Postby can- » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:41 pm

yep they have been pulled unfortunately

can-

Postby bobo77 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 pm

bobo77

Postby can- » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:11 pm

dang I spoke too soon!! swooping in on those black guys

can-

Postby bobo77 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:34 pm

bobo77

Postby iffe » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:30 am

I need a suit. I have a wedding coming up, but I want it to be versatile so I can use it for job interviews and such in the future. I'm thinking navy blue or medium to dark grey.

Let's say 400-500 €. Where to look? I thought about COS and Suit Supply, but what else is there?

iffe

Postby bels » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:36 am

Looking further will just annoy and confuse you. Job interview suits don't need to be overthought too much, just cop Suit Supply.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:38 am

I don't think there's much at 400-500 that's especially worthwhile over suit supply - next step up in my eyes comes at €600-700. Unless you're good at scoping out them deals online. For around the €500 you can start thinking about like Margiela on yoox or something. I'd really recommend just going for suit supply though and pocketing the change.

Syeknom

Postby iffe » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:40 am

Thank you bela and Syeknom for being sensible. Does look like a safe choice to you?

iffe

Postby bels » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:41 am

Buying discount Margiela is Syeknom's answer to everything.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:42 am

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:53 am

Continuing with suits. What are my options in the 800-1000usd range for suits? Might be getting one in June. To be used primarily for social functions, interviews etc. Most of the local hk tailors seem a bit shady or if they're good they are super expensive.

Edit: is something like apc or acne a rip off at that price range. I want something modern...

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby can- » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:21 am

if you're credit line stretches far enough you could order a handful of dries/jil/acne etc suits on yoox and try and find one that fits really well. i find you get diminishing returns really quickly when you start looking to 'fashion' brands for proper tailoring, but it's easy to find really expensive fashion/luxury suits on yoox for 300-800. would definitely be a crapshoot tho because it's hard to tell how things fit with yoox styling, and suits have to fit so particularly/precisely.

can-

Postby bels » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Sure if you do the styleforum digging there's some decent tailors in HK smiles.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby frogosaurus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Can anyone who owns the Dana Lee leisure jacket tell me how heavy it is? What season is it most appropriate for?

frogosaurus

Postby can- » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:50 pm

it's perfect for fall/spring, will need some layering or thermals in any proper winter and is unwearable in a proper summer

can-

Postby deadkitty » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:25 pm

does anyone make a short sleeve french terry sweatshirt that's pretty boxy and has sleeves that go down to around the elbow that isn't $$$? or should I just cut off the sleeves of something?

deadkitty

Postby can- » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:26 pm

has an AA sweat he cut the sleeves off that looks really good

can-

PreviousNext

Return to Tags