[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby tomsfood » Fri May 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Who is making overalls right now? kinda want some overalls.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby HeavenResign » Sat May 10, 2014 12:41 pm

My black levi 510's were stacking really nicely until they got dirty at a party and I had to wash them, now they're kind of pooling up on top of my boots.

Before

After

What do people usually do to get some rigidity back in them? I've read about starching for better fades, but what about better stacks? If so, any brands?

edit: just read about liquid starch, maybe a cold soak with some of that?

HeavenResign

Postby can- » Mon May 12, 2014 10:36 am

how do trickers fit

can-

Postby bels » Mon May 12, 2014 11:25 am

Depends on the last but my stows fit true to my dress shoe size (size 7) and I had some derbies from them which also fit true (also size 7)

Some of their "country brogues" might be wider so sizing could be all over the place, check that they're F width.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Mon May 12, 2014 6:28 pm

What's the differences between EG Bedford and Andover and Baker?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramdomthought » Mon May 12, 2014 8:27 pm

bedford is boxier, cropped a bit in the body, and has wider sleeves. symmetrical pockets (1 on each breast and one each side by the hem. All patch). Peak Lapels, no throat latch, lapels can be button up all the way. no vents

andover is a bit more of a normal length, bit narrower in the body. 4 pockets, one on each hip, ticket pocket, and chest pocket. Notch Lapels. I forget if it's vented or not or if the lapel can button up all the way. i typically think of these as the original eg "suiting" jacket though i'm probably wrong. flaps over all the pockets

baker is a lot like an andover except with just three pockets (2 hip with flap, 1 chest). tighter fit, notch lapel. i think these lapels have a top button but i don't remember because if there was one it fell off mine. pleat style vents, very cool but can cause major buttflare if you size wrong

ramdomthought

Postby can- » Mon May 12, 2014 8:52 pm

also LDT, landsdown, tux jacket, too many to keep track of

can-

Postby mc-lunar » Tue May 13, 2014 10:56 am

How do I size on Common Projects Derbies? Similarly to other CPs? Or should I take my true size because of the material?

mc-lunar

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Tue May 13, 2014 11:12 am

Can anyone find an example of how a regular fit harrington should fit?

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby bels » Tue May 13, 2014 5:36 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue May 13, 2014 11:18 pm

GF went to her roommate's dad's clothing store in Michigan to try on clothes, he ended up just giving her the lot (>$3000). She felt like still paying for something and had already budgeted out a lot of money for it so she got me a beautiful silk Ermenegildo Zegna tie. I have never really needed to know how to properly tie a tie. I know knots but it's not the same. Can someone recommend any techniques for a tie knot worthy of this tie? (lookin at you Syek)

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Syeknom » Wed May 14, 2014 2:29 am

Four-in-the-hand knot, focus on: getting a tapered funnel shape to the knot, adding a dimple (will help with knot shape too), getting the length right (tip of the big end reaching the middle of your belt, small end not longer than it but long enough to reach the loop if you so desire).

For the dimple I tie the knot normally but stop right before I pull it completely taut. Then I push the fabric together right under the knot and pull tight so the knot clenches the fabric.

Should look something like this depending on the construction of the actual tie itself:

Practice makes perfect.

Syeknom

Postby sknss » Wed May 14, 2014 4:42 am

Why do Americans often refuse to ship stuff outside of their country?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Syeknom » Wed May 14, 2014 5:28 am

They forget that other countries exist

Syeknom

Postby Blastoise » Wed May 14, 2014 9:11 am

It's expensive.

Blastoise

Postby odradek » Wed May 14, 2014 9:33 am

also we have to write words down on a "kustums fohrm." by hand. as a nation of illiterates, this is off-putting.

odradek

Postby smiles » Wed May 14, 2014 9:36 am

I remember it was like 10 dollars to ship something to sknss when I was in the states.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby sknss » Wed May 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah cost cannot be an issue, the buyer takes care of that most of the time. I'm going to conclude that people are just lazy

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby deadkitty » Wed May 14, 2014 3:59 pm

I think the issue is that people are worried about sending stuff without tracking. In New Zealand at least the cost of sending something goes up 4x if you want tracking.

deadkitty

Postby sidewalk » Wed May 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Sizing on this seasons raf simons x adidas? Sizing compared to nike, converse, or vans?

sidewalk

Postby Blastoise » Wed May 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Slightly different situation, but UPS tried to charge me $105 to ship a pair of shoes back to End. USPS only charged $25, and I was able to get End to pay for it. This was a few months ago.

Blastoise

Postby arcticsound » Wed May 14, 2014 7:05 pm

I found a very light unlined/unstructured blazer (tag is in japanese so I don't know the material) at a thrift store, but the hem is curling inwards around the buttons and lapels. Any way I can fix this? The tag says not to iron it (that's probably what caused the curling).

arcticsound

Postby exprof » Wed May 14, 2014 7:28 pm

It's because shipping is so $$$. Shipping w/o tracking is cheap, but it means you can make a paypal claim that you never recieved the item. Paypal always sides with the buyer so most ppl don't wanna bother with the hassle/most people won't be willing to pay 40$ for shipping.

exprof

Postby CleanThug » Wed May 14, 2014 7:46 pm

CleanThug

Postby ramseames » Wed May 14, 2014 8:48 pm

i've messaged dudes with listings saying "i only ship within CONUS" and said I'd just pay the additional cost and never had them say no

ramseames

Postby Blastoise » Wed May 14, 2014 11:34 pm

I left my white Uniqlo airism shirt laying on my shelf all fall/winter and I only wore it once or twice before then and washed it before putting it away, but when I took it out it had faint but deep tan stains all over it. It doesn't smell or anything. Does anyone know what it might be from? Haven't tried washing it yet.

Blastoise

Postby balloons » Thu May 15, 2014 4:48 am

my situation: I'm usually somewhere between a small and a medium, but recently have lost a bit of weight due to a variety of temporary external factors. I'm only going to get bigger from here, is what I'm sayin. not much bigger maybe(?) but as of right now, I'm probably a small. maybe/probably within a few months I'll be between small and medium again, but who knows.

however, I'm looking to buy a tee, 100% cotton, can't tell if I should get a small or medium. would prefer it to be too big than too small but I dunno which way to go if I'm currently a bit on the smaller side

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby yourdad » Thu May 15, 2014 5:01 am

loose tees > slim tees

yourdad

Postby rjbman » Thu May 15, 2014 9:14 am

If you think you'd grow into it and prefer being too big then obviously get a medium.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu May 15, 2014 12:56 pm

I would get the larger size for sure especially if you plan on getting bigger. It'll be cool to slowly see yourself fill it out better as you make progress

RomanEmpire

PreviousNext

Return to Tags