[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:25 pm

woolrich woolen mills is woolrich fabrics designed by a guest which really means mcnairy or daiki

this is going off really shoddy memory, but john rich and sons is the brand's sort of carhartt wip

that is, euro fashion version of the brand

then there's the mainline which can be found at every mall in america and hits the upper price of mall clothes

ramdomthought

Postby ramseames » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:26 pm

are john rich and bros/john rich and sons interchangeable?

when you click the link to john rich and bros on woolrich's page it just takes you to a woolrich.eu site so that sounds right

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:39 pm

jon rich and babes is just whatever name we want to use to refer to the line

ramdomthought

Postby asianfuntime » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:09 pm

are there any high tops that are ~$100 or less that have some influence of designers, like kva or raf?

all white or all black would be gr8

asianfuntime

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Going to get a pair of Dr Martens 1461 Monos (like everyone else). I found some but they're from the UK and in women's sizes (unisex though). I wear US 9/9.5 so I'd go for US 9 (men) in those, which would be UK 8 (men). They suggest sizing down one size for women, so I should be ordering UK 9 (women)?

Blastoise

Postby deadkitty » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:54 pm

shopping around for a prom suit atm. does anyone know where I could get a cheap (~$300) suit with peaked lapels? I've been looking around on yoox/rak but I can't seem to find anything that really fits the bill. probably just going to end up going with zara.

deadkitty

Postby Kappy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:18 am

Hey guys, I need some help. I just bought the APC x Diemme collab on sale and they delivered them to me with the security thing still attached to the shoe. How do I get it off? What should I do?

Kappy

Postby CPV1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 am

, do you mind posting what the correct sizing for Lad is? I was planning on buying some trousers as well. I thought they just followed European sizing, like they do their shirts and jackets? Largest size they do for those is 46, which is equivalent to a Small, so it's seems logical that their trousers would also be in the same small sizes.

CPV1

Postby raags » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:24 am

i should have added more info to my rep post - I meant to come back and do it so thanks for pinging me. From what I've read, 42 is generally for 27-29 waist, 44 is for 29 - 31, and 46 for 31 +. So I think 40 is akin to a 42-44, 42 is more akin to a 44-46, and 44 to a 46-48.

raags
Best Dressed

Postby popcorn » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:08 am

Been meaning to ask this for a while, even before I was on this forum.

Any ideas where great sub-$100 shawl collar chunky cardigans with a reasonably slim fit would be sold in f/w? I might actually be willing to go into $130~$150 range for a merino wool one or something really great.

Gray, indigo blue, or khaki would be the best for colour.

Attaching some yabba-dabba-doo kinda just for the hell of it :~)

popcorn

Postby can- » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:43 pm

topman or zara come to mind, could probably swing a SNS or Polo cardi on sale for a bit more.

can-

Postby thatbiglake » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:17 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby thatbiglake » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:33 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby thatbiglake » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:32 pm

nn

thatbiglake

Postby parastexis » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:00 pm

fuck raincoats without hoods

parastexis

Postby bels » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:57 am

That Elka is probably super unbreathable. Get the Aspesi.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:48 pm

What are some good brands that I could try to get my dad (who dresses exactly how you expect dads to dress)? Dana Lee is on my list, any other suggestions?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ptozzi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Are H&M shorts worth buying compared to Uniqlo if I'm saving $10 per pair? No physical Uniqlo location to try stuff on either.

Last edited by ptozzi on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptozzi

Postby popcorn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:18 pm

mine are obnoxiously slim for my skinny-fat body type, I bought size S which is supposed to be for w27-w30. Inseam of 10in., leg opening of 10in., I hemmed them to 7" and the leg opening is now tight while sitting. Would recommend for them for skinny people.

popcorn

Postby CleanThug » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:45 pm

What does CCP stand for I always forget

CleanThug

Postby Blastoise » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Should I replace my polka dot shirt from Uniqlo with this one from Our Legacy?

Blastoise

Postby popcorn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:45 pm

I don't see why you couldn't just wear them both on different days, the uniqlo one is very nice. Do they do dot shirts regularly for f/w or has that boat sailed? :S Uniqlo XS is a very nice fit on me.

popcorn

Postby Blastoise » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:55 pm

@Rep: that's not the question that I'm asking. I'm going through my wardrobe and replacing pieces with more interesting alternatives.

Yeah of course I could wear them on different days, but refer to the above for a better explanation. I have no idea, I've seen plenty of them for different seasons.

Blastoise

Postby nick » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:01 pm

don't let the notion of a capsule wardrobe cloud your head too much, there's not some law of equivalent exchange in the jawnzrealm. basically, if you like that uniqlo polka dotted shirt, keep wearing it. and if you love that our legacy shirt so much, not because its a "more interesting version of uniqlo", but instead, just a cool shirt, then sure, buy it, and wear it too. and if you find yourself not wearing your uniqlo shirt after the fact, sure, get rid of it. or, say, you only keep 5 shirts at once. none of them may end up being a blue polka dotted one at all! if you want to get rid of that uniqlo shirt because you don't like it so much regardless, then you don't necessarily have to find a "replacement".

I'm kind of rambling, but it just seems strange you've got some idea that your wardrobe has a blue polka dot print shirt shaped hole that must be filled. it's like the idea of the "essential wardrobe" where every man *must have* ____ item.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby deadkitty » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:07 pm

the our legacy one is really really great, especially if you can get a deal on it. the fabric is absolutely perfect for summer, it wrinkles in just the right way, it fits like a dream, etc etc etc

deadkitty

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:09 pm

long camel coat recs for someone who fits an xs/xxs? mac style is a plus; preferred price range <$150, given that, quality is not really a large concern for me as long as it's not like made out of a paper bag or something. open to used/children's/women's options (or all of the above) if that's what it takes to get one that will fit my tiny body

harmsalmon

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:44 pm

+ (sorry for double post) but can anyone id these nikes?

harmsalmon

Postby stappard_ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:04 am

I've been looking for a pair of navy cotton twill trousers with an elasticated waistband - anybody know of any?

stappard_

Postby bels » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:10 am

Is the difference between http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?la ... arsec-Coat

and http://veilance.arcteryx.com/product.as ... or-LT-Coat

Really two hundred pounds or have we somehow arrived at the point where erasing a logo commands a 50% price increase.

It doesn't even have a sling.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:29 am

Wow arcteryx must be spending that gore-money on ads because I opened each of those pages once and now every Google AdChoice box has their product in it wherever I go. Particularly strange on a page about embroidering farm animals.

Bobbin.Threadbare

PreviousNext

Return to Tags