[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby yubbermax » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:57 pm

yubbermax

Postby bels » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:12 pm

I tried one on and it made me look like I have boobs. I think they work if you're very flat chested or I guess if you're super cut.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby paf » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:06 pm

How should Vans slip ons fit? I ordered a size 10 but it was snug, so I ordered a 10.5 and that was kinda loose, can't decide between the two. Anyone care to comment on how they break in?

paf

Postby tomsfood » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:24 pm

I was in the exact same situation and I went with the snugger 10's, the canvas seemed to stretch a bit in the toes and now they are perfectly comfortable.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby jrisk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:49 pm

picked up a half placket shirt at the thrift store today. it doesn't seem to fit too bad, but it's cut weird or something. Here's a video of it in motion:

Think maybe hemming it in the back would help?

jrisk

Postby SteevMike » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:36 pm

are SC okinawas and hawaiis different beyond the patch?

also how do you size on either of these

SteevMike

Postby Iliam » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:44 am

Last edited by Iliam on Sun May 27, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iliam

Postby smiles » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:28 am

I should probably topy these hender scheme shoes yeah? they have rubber on the toes and the heel but the middle is leather. Only wore them outside for a few minutes yesterday and there obviously some scratches.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby ramseames » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:29 pm

yeah 100% get rubber on the whole thing.

ramseames

Postby Meister » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:14 am

How do I post images here? Do they have to be hosted somewhere else or can I upload them directly?

Thank you.

Meister

Postby absurdmind » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:14 pm

buying a shirt right now and its available in cotton or "pima cotton". i know pima is supposed to be better for a variety of reasons but will it give more shine? i want this shirt to be as matte as possible so i think i may just get the regular cotton since some pima shirts ive seen have a shine to them

absurdmind

Postby Ques » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Ques

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:31 am

Anyone know anything about the brand Broken Homme? There's a pair of derbies up on grailed right now but idk how good/bad they are

RomanEmpire

Postby yubbermax » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm looking for slightly drapey/long tanks for layering. Essentially cheaper RO tanks for ~$30-40. Thanks

yubbermax

Postby Ampere » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Are there any other stockists for the Robert Geller long flannel besides Nomad?

For reference:
http://store.nomadshop.net/collections/ ... -plaid-red

Ampere

Postby popcorn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Vans Authentics fit me perfectly in a 10.5D, but my Vans Vault Old Skools fit me perfectly in a 10.0D, would I be a 10.0D in Red Wings?

popcorn

Postby trav » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Go down a full size from your usual shoe size. Prob 9.5 or 9

trav

Postby Prae » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:29 pm

When I was in Tokyo with my dad he was really excited by seeing a pair of visvim Foley (Stan smiths). This wasn't because he thought they were dope (he thought they were ridiculous for the price), but because he's at the moment reading Jean Baudrillard and he has some concept of "hyper-realism" where a copy becomes more "real" than the original. He took some pictures of the Raf Stan Smiths for the same reason. So I promised to help him find the different offspring of the Adidas Stan Smith to visualize this concept.
In thinking about this I stumbled at the CP achilles low, couldn't one also say that they were inspired by the Stan Smith, or is that a faulty conclusion?

So right now for the Stan Smiths I have: Originals, Visvim, Raf, SLP and possibly CP and their derrivatives. Are there any other obvious ones?

Also, if you have some other examples within fashion where this term could be applied that would be appreciated.

@rjbman, I don't know if he plans on actually using it for writing a paper or if it's just "for fun", but I'll share what ever he comes up with.

Last edited by Prae on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prae

Postby popcorn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:34 pm

should have clarified I intend on wearing boot socks, thanks m8s

popcorn

Postby bhajz » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Picked this suit up today. Gonna get the pants hemmed, but was wondering if anyone can think of any other alterations i should get. Just general feedback would be great too

bhajz

Postby bels » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:53 am

Fast fashion knock offs are a bit baudrillardian imo. Plenty of high end stuff that I think looks wack because it looks like the knock off and the knock off is worn by chiefs.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CleanThug » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:58 am

Any serious runners here? How effective is gyakusou gear? Mainly I'm wondering if runners not into fashion regard gyak as good stuff (if they're even aware of it)

CleanThug

Postby CPV1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:38 am

CPV1

Postby iDoMolasses » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 pm

HELP!!

UnwashedMolasses, being the best SO there is, got me a Dana Lee Cashmere Blend Raglan.
http://www.danaleenewyork.com/shop/cash ... n-apricot/
And I love it!!! And I already got something on it. I remember when I got the stain but I don't remember what it was. :'( I'm worried because the tag says spot treating may discolor the fabric. And I really don't want a rando discolored spot on the front of my nice sweatshirt. I'll post a pic of the stain. It doesn't look that bad but I'm a stickler for these things. So my question is, what's the safest way to remove this stain? Like what products have you found to be the gentlest when it comes to color?

And for those who are thinking of buying this, I definitely recommend it. It's warm and heavy without being overbearing. Plus, it's super soft. I will say, color in the picture of the sweatshirt is off (on both the site and in my picture). It's more like this. Image

iDoMolasses

Postby okayfruit » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Most spot treatments like oxiclean or those chlorox pens should be avoided on woolen fabrics because it'll cause discoloration and yellowing. White vinegar diluted in water or gentle detergent diluted in water should work. Pretest on a spot that no one can see first (maybe inside of your sweatshirt along the seams) to see if it's safe on the fabric, and then dab gently inwards, and rinse out with cold water.

okayfruit

Postby yubbermax » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Is it feasible to buy a beat up pair of Docs 3 eye derbies and get the sole replaced with a black christy or ripple sole?

yubbermax

Postby maj » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:43 pm

most cobblers wont touch a doc because of the welting method from what i've heard.

maj

Postby popcorn » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:08 pm

uniqlo has the highest capacity to get me to waste my money and not feel like i wasted my money

popcorn

Postby yubbermax » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:32 pm

yubbermax

Postby Vaeltaja » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 am

Who makes skinny jeans for guys with larger thighs? My thighs certainly aren't massive at 22" but just large enough that going a tad oversized (31 Levis, fit 30.5) on my 510s is not as comfortable as I'd want them to be. I like the leg opening of 510s though.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

PreviousNext

Return to Tags