[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby bueno » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Should I expect these uniqlo jeans to stretch in the waist a bit? http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/124313

bueno

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:04 pm

i would expect anything made of 100% cotton to stretch if sized to be at least somewhat fitted.

ramseames

Postby can- » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:19 pm

any watch experts around these parts??

can-

Postby bels » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:38 pm

I have a functional knowledge of affordable Bauhaus inspired watches and the Seagull 1963 chrono.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Do Uniqlo restock their flannels? I have some that I want but I'd prefer to try them while I'm in London (around 30 August) and there's the possibility that they could go the way of the Blackwatch ones and sell out in all sizes before I get there.

Last edited by DeafIdiotGod on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeafIdiotGod

Postby MxmHrpr » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:55 pm

@DeafIdiotGod They are online exclusive right now so I doubt they're in stores. There was limited stock so I imagine they were just testing the waters for the upcoming season. That said, if you're about on the 30th I'm game for a LDN trip.

MxmHrpr

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:22 pm

use the helpful tag button

Might cop them right now just to be safe, waiting for a sale would be unreliable and long.

LDN trip definitely, there are so many cool spots I've not hit up yet.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Ques » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Downloaded mango lite irc program for me phone and don't know server or port, can someone help?

Ques

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm

If i wanted a winter jacket that was white/grey/off white/unobtrusive snow camo, warm (lined), long, preferably similar to the vibskov Finnish cape in fit, preferably milsurp i would look for...?

Stingray Sam

Postby Blastoise » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Same reason there's a link between fashion and visual art, music and visual art, film and music, film and visual art, poetry and music, etc. Different forms of art overlap and interact with each other.

Blastoise

Postby maj » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:06 pm

for a medium designed on reflection on past events, cultures or people and the lives and worlds that surround them more often than not there was a sound track, especially in these "internet popular" brands which are yoof culcha focused. when designing from their own experience, or looking up the music of the time is easy to find or relate too as it was played in shops, at gigs, in the car, walking around, partys, radio everywhere people are exposed to it so much they relate times of their life or the people their with to certain music (early rihanna brings me back to playing cod w@w and listening to radio 1) i mean raf for example bangs on about how his collections are inspired by him growing up in belgium, and juns old punk days he relives. you don't get this in other mediums, you may see a film once or twice, same with books or galleries but music you're going to play over and over again.

maj

Postby Yoder » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:27 pm

I think that part of it is also we can identify often with music as an art form much easier and therefore recognize its influence.

There are so many designers out there (geller, ploier, siki im are three just from pulling up suspension point) who draw flintstone from geography or historical event, but thats not something that is as universally understood and accessible as an mp3.

Yoder

Postby vgtbls » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:51 pm

I think they mesh together because fashion is purely visual-tactile and music is purely audial. You can experience them in close proximity without any of your sense competing. Mesh together this forum's third obsession—food—and you have the olfactory senses of smell and taste covered. A full spectrum!

vgtbls

Postby silvaeri » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:34 am

i have a (casual) coffee date tomorrow (today now?). what the fuck do i wear? i'm so shit at this.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby bels » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:47 am

Wear your favourite outfit. Or failing that... Turn to that dark side and wear cdb core

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:01 am

Go full JW Anderson

Syeknom

Postby yubbermax » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am

Does anyone know where I can try on some Rick and other cool guy stuff in SoHo without feeling like a dick?

yubbermax

Postby can- » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:48 pm

can-

Postby JewTurk » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Looking at getting my first pair of boots for this Fall.

I really have never had any interest so I really don't know where to start/look. I want an all black pair but a relatively 'small' toe box if that makes sense, no clown shoe-esque IRs etc.

Sub $300 price range, preferably. Also a somewhat small (?) heel would be great. Kind of an odd request, don't know if I have any images to reference honestly.

JewTurk

Postby starfox64 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:53 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby yubbermax » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:22 pm

yubbermax

Postby bobo77 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:43 am

bobo77

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:10 am

What color undershirt should I be going for under sheer dress shirts? Both white and heather grey seem to show through. Should I go for a more beige color? I have fairly typical East Asian skin, I think.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:40 am

Light grey always works well enough for me. You're always going to be able to see it through a sheer shirt somewhat, don't worry too much about it. Something beige/close to your skin tone will go a bit further but honestly I wouldn't waste too much mental energy on it.

Syeknom

Postby soko » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Hey guys, somehow my dana lee dry chinos got discoloured in several spots. I'm thinking maybe I could bleach them, or overdye them to cover it up since they're kind of unwearable, but I'd like some advice.
These are the pants.

This is the colour of the stains.

I'm not completely sure if this is the right place to post or if I should head over to the DIY thread.

soko

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 am

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 am

Warmer than that November evening, many decades ago, when your great-grandfather first strode out to seek his fortune, carrying only that which his two broad shoulders, not yet stooped by the weight of three generations' worth of love and worry, could carry.

Less warm than that spiteful summer where the sand burnt your feet and tears stung your cheeks.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby frogosaurus » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:47 pm

anyone know of any weird, comfortable loafers? hoping will have some answers.

frogosaurus

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:39 pm

is there any worthwhile difference in wtaps BDU pants as opposed to your run of the mill surplus BDU's?

BIGBEE

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:29 pm

The BDUs I've got from WTaps are pretty old and my comparison point is Propper BDUs.

They're definitely better constructed in terms of stitching and buttons / hardware. Fit is also better. Material is difficult to compare, but it's not too much better. Mine are a fairly thin ripstop though; I wouldn't be surprised if they're using heavier / nicer material now. There's a lot of little details to them that are also entertaining. Both the taps and the Proppers have a reinforced seat, though only the taps has ventilations in the crotch area.

I'd say they're worth more than Proppers. I would not say they're worth $350 more.

UnwashedMolasses

PreviousNext

Return to Tags