[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby INNIT » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:55 pm

where do I buy long, boxy tees made out of decently thick cotton? like if youve ever handled real mccoys tees i want them to feel like that but be boxier and longer. also want sleeves to hit near elbow :S

not above paying $$ for tees gimme suggestions

INNIT

Postby oieoou » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:09 am

Anyone know good sources for 70's runway fashion?

oieoou

Postby alby » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:55 pm

what do you guys keep your keys on? i only have one key I need to carry around with me this year and don't like keeping it on my school lanyerd because that's lame.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:01 am

got one of these from roden gray awhile ago:

https://store.kaufmann-mercantile.com/p ... key-holder

ramseames

Postby popcorn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:00 pm

did the entire pure blue japan x uniqlo collab sell out in 14 minutes or did they just put up the item descriptions before stocking??? :(

popcorn

Postby Blastoise » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:36 am

As of right now it's officially stocked.

Thoughts on the loose fit tapered jeans? Might try them out. Wish they had pictures of them worn.

Blastoise

Postby jvstnh » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:21 am

I remember reading somewhere that it actually isn't a pure blue collab tho and is just some branding scheme

edit: not a pbj collab, bummer I was pretty stoked when I heard about this one :(

Last edited by jvstnh on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
p-i-z-z-a-p-r-t-y
jvstnh

Postby Blastoise » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:51 am

Regardless the pieces are pretty cool and the prices are decent/in line with Uniqlo. I'm not seeing much information anywhere about it.

Blastoise

Postby copknocks » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:30 pm

anyone know where i might snag a good looking solid black/grey/white ss baseball jersey on the cheap? was peeping the mki one from a while back but (1) it's sold out and (2) i heard the fit was wack.

recoveringcatholics.tumblr.com
copknocks

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby absurdmind » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:50 pm

i found these beautiful trousers a little too late for my size (32/32 or 32/30) https://www.jcrew.com/ca/browse/single_ ... cale=en_CA anyone want to recommend me something similar for $100ish or less? i love the dark charcoal-ish color and the material looks quite nice , unfortunately everything similar i see has pleats and im not keen on rocking pleats just yet

absurdmind

Postby hmwut » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:03 pm

whats a good custom print tshirt site

hmwut

Postby hig » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 pm

what are everyone's favorite etsy shops? looking for cool jewelry in particular (esp. necklaces).

hig

Postby klonopin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:01 am

do all nyc mujis carry labo? if not, which ones do?

klonopin

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:40 am

Doc Martens have launched a goodyear welted version of their derbies, you could probably get a cobbler to stick a ripple sole on these: http://www.drmartens.com/uk/Mens/Mens-S ... /16056001#

Is it just me or do they also look slimmer in the toe than the heatsealed versions? Would love to see a yellow stitched version of these if they are

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby yubbermax » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:55 am

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I think you're right about the toe shapes, and I made a quick comparison:

yubbermax

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 pm

these arent heatsealed, they're goodyear welted. Isnt that why they couldnt be resoled?

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby sknss » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:19 pm

The How we made it section says: "This is a Goodyear-welted product. The upper and sole are heat-sealed and sewn together".

I've done some googling and found who says: "The DM sole is a goodyear welted moulded sole that is also heat sealed onto the base. I have had a tour around the factory myself (as an authorised trader), and I can confirm that you cannot have them repaired to the original specs."

So from what I understand Dr Martens are goodyear welted and heat sealed which makes them not resolable.

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby yubbermax » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:25 pm

yubbermax

Postby sknss » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:56 pm

sknss

Postby can- » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:04 pm

95% of the time if you take a shoe to a cobbler to be resoled he will just slice off the sole and glue a new one on. in this manner there is no issue resoling DM's. this is same way you see people getting taps on their geodes and other expensive sneaks.

it seems like the Goodyear welt can't be replaced on docs, the process where the cobbler pulls the welt stitch and stitches (and glues) a new sole on. this is probably fine for anyone's purposes. very few cobblers even have a Goodyear machine to restitch a welt

can-

Postby JewTurk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:43 pm

I saw a few posts on sufu where people had treated their Acne Ace Cash's like raw denim, is this a thing or am I misunderstanding?

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index. ... ?p=2977963

Is this a thing? Good/bad idea? Just want to hear some opinions.

JewTurk

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:51 pm

its not like you should be washing jeans very often anyway

i treat mine the same as my raws but all that means is they just get washed when they're dirty and they get get soaked instead of putting them in with my dark load.

any jean regardless of drying process or colour or fabric weight will fade eventually

ramseames

Postby Augdog04 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Anyone have experience with mainline/drkshdw ramones? Finally saved up enough for a pair, but I can't decide if it's worth forking out the extra for mainline.

Augdog04

Postby teck » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:07 pm

i have the mainline ramones and i've felt the drskshdw. There's a bunch of versions of the drkshdw ones. Some are canvas, some are waxed canvas, some are this kind of puffy synthetic (think like a soft neoprene laptop case).

i'd look around and see if u can find mainline ones. i bought mine on sufu in 8/10 condition for about $600 but im not sure how much theyre going for now. i'd get the canvas ones if it was around $400 but i dont know how much they're "worth" to you. to be sure i almost bought a pair of drkshdw ramones for full price. the leather ones i have are really awesome and theyre just looking better as they get more beat up.

teck

Postby teck » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:09 pm

im selling some clothes and i got a buyer in the uk. i live in the US. is international shipping a huge pain in the ass or what? how much do i declare? how does it all work?

teck

Postby bels » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Declare the full price and state that it's a gift on the customs thing and it's all good as I recall?

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/conten ... rting-post

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Found this belt buckle while cleaning out my closet. How does it work? Is it even a belt buckle??

sknss

Postby ramseames » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:46 pm

you need a belt that has a folding part that has snaps (vs being riveted shut) so you can swap buckles in and out but yes that will work

ramseames

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks for those who commented on prior ones. I made some more tshirt designs. What do you think of them? Can you offer critique if you feel it's warranted and improves the design (don't just critique only for the sake of feeling like you want to voice your opinion)?

yoyobeat

PreviousNext

Return to Tags