[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby pei » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:36 am

i'm lookin for a backpack that's at least 25L, and is not offensive in coloring or design or is branded with "herschel"
waterproof coating and water bottle pockets are a bonus!!!!

as much as i love the design for visvim's ballistic, it's a bit too cashy and small for meヽ(´・⊇・`)ノ
(unless someone buys my cav empt pieces off me i'll consider getting it)

anyone have ideas? please help me out aaaaah!!!!!!!!!! thanks!

edit: also should've mentioned that north face (aside from purple label) and patagonia are crossed off the list cause i really don't like how they look and it clashes a lot with how i dress, sorry tomsfood!

:0)
pei

Postby zayg » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:46 am

i have an absolutely obliterated pair of these from high school. could i somehow wear them cooly?

zayg

Postby ramseames » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:51 am

whats wrong with your briefing x mhl and andwander packs?

dsptch or mission workshop

ramseames

Postby pei » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:26 am

pei

Postby station » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:56 pm

I'd still consider the R6 20L from Mission workshop. It fits pretty narrow across the back when you're not using the side rails unlike some of their other bags. Plus with the top, you can roll it less to get a few extra liters out of the pack or use the strap to get a lot of extra space/strap stuff onto the pack which is nice.

station

Postby Morlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 am

Can't recall the name of a print pattern and it's driving me crazy. There's these light/sage green blankets with geometric, native-american style shapes printed on them in light navy and sort of salmon red. Usually navy blocky outline of a diamonds and red horses. They usually come on light bedsheets. Anyone?

Sort of like this:

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby JonjoShelvey » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:43 am

Can you cuff wool dress slacks or will the cuff just fall out

JonjoShelvey

Postby Stingray Sam » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:34 am

what's a good, stylish, rain jacket for Seattle winter?

Stingray Sam

Postby tzar » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:18 pm

I found this jacket in a closet in my house and I feel like with some alterations, it could be made into something kinda cool. Right now I'm thinking some new buttons and pinching in the back a bit would do the trick. Any opinions on this? Any other suggestions? Maybe I am just stupid and this thing is completely ugly in every way and should be thrown away. I can't help but feel like a nice jacket is hiding in there somewhere.

Also, disregard the rest of what I'm wearing.

I'm really bad at formatting pictures. Sry

Fake Gucci, that's that shit I don't like.
tzar

Postby tzar » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:26 pm

I'm getting suggestions to dye the jacket. Does navy/indigo sound good? It has a very Japanese style to it so I feel those colors represent that style and would work well.

Fake Gucci, that's that shit I don't like.
tzar

Postby yourdad » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:39 am

need some help from the ladies. i'm looking for a handbag for my gf and i can't find anything that matches her criteria. she's looking for a slouchy leather crossbody bag with handles that'll be big enough for her wallet, phone, small umbrella, and other knick-knacks. any ideas? I'm stumped

edit: budget would be about 400-500?

yourdad

Postby reedeeah » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:56 am

This looks like it could fit the criteria pretty well and its cute.
http://karastore.com/products/black-sma ... #&panel1-3

reedeeah

Postby chadnik » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:25 am

no handles but she might like the fact that this Chiyome bag is convertible:

https://chiyome.com/catalogue/obsidian_49/

chadnik

Postby pei » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:37 am

its pretty hard to find a leather crossbody that could hold a lot of items that simultaneously looks good and is functional, and not zara or h&m tier, but here's what i found!

http://makr.com/utility-bag-black-canva ... ba-leather

although it has a canvas build it's p cool imo

https://www.madewell.com/madewell_categ ... true-black

not slouchy but p dece

pei

Postby blocksphere » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:06 am

Clare V messenger looks nice (and is a fairly popular choice, I think), and comes in a million colors, but it's nubuck:

It might be worth looking through the brand's site, since they have some similar bags.

Also found this while looking through Shopbop, and I like the seams/shape, but I don't know anything about the brand:

edit: If you're really into durability, this looks nice (but over your budget): http://lotuffleather.com/collections/to ... te-w-strap

and Madewell makes a few more bags sort of like this, such as
https://www.madewell.com/madewell_categ ... /B2135.jsp
https://www.madewell.com/madewell_categ ... /B2139.jsp

blocksphere

Postby inherently » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:36 pm

What's my best option for MTM shirts for ~$100? Luxire?

Alternatively, shirting brands that fit like Uniqlo but with broader shoulders/higher quality?

I'm looking to pick up some OCBDs and a dress shirt or two.

inherently

Postby Prae » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Is there any way to fix scuffs in white CPs? Or at least make them lighter so they don't stand out as much.
On another note, I should stop wearing my CPs for drinking..

Prae

Postby maj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Cps make the best club shoes because they clean really easy with some wetwipes and some elbow grease, it's like magic. Depending if they're new or not the leather dulls over time as now on my 2 year old pair the scuffs/ leather and marks are indistinguishable from the regular creases and such.

maj

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:37 am

Anyone know how White mountaineering shoes size? Is size 8 US shoe size size 26 in japanese shoe sizes?

RomanEmpire

Postby Prae » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Prae

Postby ramseames » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:30 pm

agreed on a price including shipping costs for an item on grailed and sent the guy an offer. he then asked if i could send him a receipt or a request via paypal and gave me his email.

I asked him why not just use grailed, but i could send him an invoice and attach the pics and stuff.

any reason for me to be wary? its only a small item and worth pretty little but at the same time i hate letting scammers win out of principal (not that I'm assuming this guy is one, just wanna make sure)

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:41 pm

ramseames

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Speaking of APCs (ramdom fashion thread):

Are there any APC cuts that would fit a 34 inch waist and 26-27 inch thighs? And do any of those have a high rise?

Alternatively, are there any high-rise jeans that would fit the above that have a flattering cut like APC, as opposed to the straight-leg heritage cut more common with higher-rise pants?

I don't currently own any denim; wondering if I should change that.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:31 pm

What are wolf buttons? I hear about them sometimes, but usually in the context of a Cloak item.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby klonopin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:04 pm

I just got an Our Legacy 80% cotton 20% wool blend shirt that fits a little on the large side of "fashionably oversized". I don't want to return it for a size small because I'm pretty sure that would fit smaller than I intend. Does anyone know how much shrinkage I should expect if I put it in the dryer on low heat? on high heat? General advice on shrinking?
I've done this before with uniqlo oxfords and gotten satisfactory results but I'm not sure how wool blends work and I feel like the stakes are higher here.

klonopin

Postby finolino » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Where can I find some grey herringbone wool trousers, preferably for <$75 (although I could go a bit over that)? Thrifting's been of no avail...

finolino

Postby CleanThug » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:58 pm

looking for a simple black mesh tee to wear without anything under, preferably <$100

recs?

CleanThug

Postby can- » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:36 pm

AA makes t shirts with top mesh block.

can get baller stuff like geller, sunspel, supreme but your best bet is to hit up actual sporting brands like adidas, champion, russell

can-

Postby oaked » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:12 pm

looking for a black/charcoal wool overcoat. not sure if it will fit into my style, so i'd rather get one for cheap from gap, zara, etc. i want it to be more cropped and sleek.

oaked

Postby djwildchina » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:56 pm

speaking of MMM, anyone know if they're GATs are TTS? I really like these I'm considering picking them up as a Xmas gift to myself.
At 50% off I don't know if it will ever drop lower than that.

What do you guys think? Also does anyone one know the specific name of this model/colorway? Would def like to see some on feet pics or anything outside the product shots.

djwildchina

PreviousNext

Return to Tags