[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby ramseames » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Job interview with arcteryx factory store this weekend

"'Smart casual is fine for dress code."

mac coat + button up + chinos + what shoes?

google and mfa aren't helpful, opinions on this range from blazer/wingtips to just collared shirt/jeans/shoes that aren't too dirty

right now all I own is sneakers and then diemmes/danners

should i just go out and get some throwaway wingtips from H&M or whatever?

ramseames

Postby bels » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Smart Casual was released by God when he became wrathful with the earth and sought to destroy it.

Do you literally only own sneakers and diemmes? Not even a derby? Not even a CDB?

Might as well buy some H&M wingtips.

Don't neglect your formal wardrobe kids. It sucks but when you need it you need it and there's just no way out.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:45 pm

I dunno man I bet most people coming in to work at dead bird wear Vibram soled asolos or some other actual boot. hikers should be fine

can-

Postby bels » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Don't wear hikers to a job interview unless your job is being a sherpa.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:52 pm

oamc derbies were made for exactly this situation and no other situation

odradek

Postby ramseames » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:08 pm

SAs dress like you'd think they do, that in itself is no big deal I can just wear hikers and ACG things

but yeah not doin that for the interview

i just never need formal wear. even for my proper job I wear ~real~ work boots 24/7 and I never needed to dress up the first time I applied. I figured whenever i finally needed a suit and such i'd go get one (and I will).

used to own clarks but they got donate a while ago. never thought I'd wish i hadn't done that.

ramseames

Postby mike868y » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:53 pm

big difference between what's acceptable once you have the job and what's acceptable in the interview.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby theweathercock » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 pm

I'm getting kind of bored of my wardrobe and general style. I feel like I'm pretty good with the basics, and I kind of want to try to elevate my style or maybe develop something that fits me better. However I'm not really interested in anything that is too avant garde . Any tips or suggestions for directions I could take? for reference here are some of my fits: http://dressed.so/user/view/theweathercock

It is what it is and it's pretty good
theweathercock

Postby can- » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:39 pm

buy more expensive versions of things you already own

can-

Postby theweathercock » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Thanks Tom that's a good idea. And Cameron great just need to get a job.

It is what it is and it's pretty good
theweathercock

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Look around on grailed/rak/anywhere for something that you REALLY like and then buy it. Go from there buying more things you like

RomanEmpire

Postby tomsfood » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:50 pm

, to add more, regardless of whether you're buying cheap shit from a thrift store or more expensive versions of what you already own, if you're trying to 'elevate your style' or whatnot you're going to buy a number of things that don't work for you (for me this was raf velcros, our legacy sweatshirt, cavempt sweater, etc.). personally, it seems to be the best value to experiment with cheap things, then move on to pricier stuff (or maybe you will stay content with less expensive things, i think part of me is definitely fine with wearing some qlo and gap outlet every day). i think in general we place wayyyyy too much influence on buying expensive things, the best new thing out there, etc. I'm totally guilty of this too, but at the end of the day the clothing that I enjoy wearing the most (and wear the most) are things I bought to experiment with because they were inexpensive (typing this from my XXL gap camo sweatshirt that cost me 9 dollars :sweg:).

i think if you are really confident in your style and like it as is then maybe the right answer is to buy more expensive versions of things you already own but I don't think that should be the first place to turn if you want to elevate your style. at the end of the day you should try and pursue things that seem interesting to you even if you may start wearing a piece of clothing and feel really silly about it. it's just easier to keep experimenting if you're dropping tens and not hundreds of dollars on things.

maybe this can be a change-my-view type thing if you feel strongly otherwise

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby yoyobeat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:14 am

Does Guidi max out at sz 46? Read that they run small so if i'm a true 46-47 is there hope (hope used loosely; prob not ever gonna buy anyway);

yoyobeat

Postby frogosaurus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:43 pm

are mac coats fun to wear? seems like a good cop for spring.

frogosaurus

Postby Yoder » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:38 pm

The only thing fun to wear are light up or glow in the dark trainers.

Yoder

Postby CleanThug » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:39 pm

Thinking about getting one of those dana lee cardigans

Been thinking about sizing up but should probably just stay tts. Anyone have one?

CleanThug

Postby weqe » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 pm

Are samba milleniums or ogs cooler? I'm trying to find cool pics of the milleniums, and they do seem kinda chavvy but there's something about them I really like.

Milleniums

OG

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:56 pm

In kindergarten I had a t-shirt with a puff print cop car on the front. when you pressed it sirens would sound. I also had a habit of leaning against my desk. that was fun to wear.

edit: re: clothes fun to wear re: macs

IsaiahSchafer

Postby sknss » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:24 pm

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:55 pm

Girlfriend's really into white shirts - who's made a really nice white shirt for women this season? MHL seems too obvious

yep

stappard_

Postby reedeeah » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Bomber from damir doma silent came in the mail the other day, was surprised to find this in one of the pockets because I didn't see any mention of it on their website's description.
Just curious if anyone knows if it has a purpose at all? It's kind of like a shoelace with a metal clasp at the end and no loop.

reedeeah

Postby bels » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:13 pm

Does she like hidden plackets too?

Thought OTHER shop would have something but they don't.

Couverture have this:

http://www.couvertureandthegarbstore.co ... hirt-white

wack logo though

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:27 pm

thanks , evam eva and equipment both new to me and look very cool

found a decent looking effort at envoy, will probably give it a try

stappard_

Postby bels » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:35 pm

Is there a men's version.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby meatjacket » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 pm

what kind of jacket is this called

meatjacket

Postby uniacto » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:48 am

any recs for a good ma-1 that fits a size XS?

Thinking about getting the Alpha Industries Valor Flight jacket: http://www.pilotmall.com/product/Alpha- ... ht-jackets since its a pretty slim fit apparently and they sell it in XS.

uniacto

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:56 am

I've been looking to get a pair of doc shoes for a little while now but I'm having trouble finding the "dream" pair.

What I'm looking for is a pair of cherry/oxblood docs that look like this, cherry with a black finish & now discontinued

as opposed to the lighter cherry colour:

I've read that you can polish cherry docs black to achieve this effect, but I've not found any guides or pictures to back this up. Does it seem plausible? If so should I follow a regular shoe polishing guide? Thanks

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby radicalbusiness » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:06 pm

I'm trying to help one of my housemates find some cool sneakers. She really likes mid-high tops in particular that are kind of chunky but it seems that she's pretty open minded. What are some of your favorite sneakers that you think this girl could rock? To give some background on her style I'll say that she usually wears outerwear like a camel or navy wool coat, denim jacket, chunky sweaters, an all-black wool varsity plus black jeans plus timbos or docs.

radicalbusiness

Postby FartingLikeFlowers » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:20 pm

How can I alter/sew/cut the neck line of a raw-edge t-shirt to make it less scoopy and more crew neck? I mean that the neck hole is smaller. I bought some tees from voidthebrand and the j-shape neck fits perfectly but another one feels just a little too big, too scoopy for me which I don't think looks good on me. Is it even possible? Do I have to let a tailor do it for me? Is it an option to remove a bit of back fabric to constrict the neck line a little more?

Butiful illustration: http://imgur.com/QEcbDrm

FartingLikeFlowers

Postby Ques » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:25 pm

is painting "je suis charlie" on the back of my fishtail a bad or good idea

Ques

PreviousNext

Return to Tags