[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Are there any denim bros on this site? Like people really into raws, leathers and motorcycles, that kind of thing. If not why not?

yoyobeat

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 pm

honestly i'm put off by how that stuff is marketed

like i'm an 18 year old

i don't give a fuck whether or not my pants age the way my granddad would have faded his Raw Denim with a Chainstitch Hem in Manly Tough Muscle Building Labour after he was done shaving in the morning with a Straight Edge Razor and drank some Whiskey and was Misogynistic To Surrounding Females and hurled some Slurs at the Japanese

:/

mc-lunar

Postby Yoder » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:24 pm

i used to think denim broing it up and workwear was pretty cool, but that was just mfa influence. Once I started to keep track of designers/labels and developed a better understanding of what worked on my body and fit my lifestyle/personality better I moved very far away from that.

The other thing that seems like a logical idea or a good way to get into fashion especially as a more frugal or, stereotyping here obviously, male viewpoint is buying things that last and are quality, which is how a lot of that heritage stuff is marketed, partially in response to that trend and partially in the vein of "timeless" fashion.

Yoder

Postby rjbman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 pm

I'm not denimbro by any means, but I love the idea of wearing a pair of jeans and fading them myself. So I think I'll always have at least 1 pair of raws.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby JewTurk » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:04 pm

Can anyone speak on quality of outlier 60/30 chinos vs. norse projects heavy aros?

Feeling the waters out for another pair of pants possibly. I have a pair of outlier nyco slims that I got a year or two ago and they are holding up way better than my norse project chinos so I'm not sure if its just the nyco fabric being awesome or what.

JewTurk

Postby vgtbls » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:22 am

fuck the denimbros, where my linenbros at

vgtbls

Postby can- » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 am

can-

Postby evilfriends » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:50 am

what are your favourite fashion themed tumblr blogs? I'm looking to follow more as my dashboard has become quite stale

evilfriends

Postby bels » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:16 pm

+J spring summer looms. Can anyone comment on the sizing/pricing on +J shirting/suiting? I seem to have become a size IT48 in almost everything except OLD TOWN.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby radicalbusiness » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:59 pm

who makes dope raglan oxfords/flannels??

radicalbusiness

Postby stappard_ » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:20 pm

stappard_

Postby g.oos » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:50 am

is there anywhere in europe to buy basic champion t-shirts with the logo on the sleeve? i like the fit and i've been buying them from a place in america but the shipping is getting a bit ridiculous.

g.oos

Postby bels » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Don't go nuts trying to import plain tshirts. Try and find a local supplier.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby g.oos » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:29 pm

yeah i've got a few but i only imported one, seems impossible to buy these in europe tho

g.oos

Postby trasparenti » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Never seen this brand before, pants weren't anything special but were kinda interesting. Pretty sure they're a Chinese brand because Japanese tags usually use a mix of hiragana/katakana/kanji. The characters don't really say anything interesting either, nothing about the brand. It's p hard to google "jeans wear" and find any relevant results. The quality felt like they were from a mall brand but idk might be neat or someone might be innerested. Any ideas if they're worth goin back to pick up?

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby bels » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:58 pm

I want to believe that it's some perfect un Google able stealth brand but it isn't is it

bels
Yung Winona

Postby meatjacket » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:34 am

ok so i bought some white pants on the cheap and now sorta realizing i dont really know what to wear with them.

i could wear them w all white (jacket, tee, pants and shoes and hat) or maybe a light buttondown top. pics would help a lot

meatjacket

Postby coldomatic » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:40 pm

does anyone of you have any experience with shoes from Barny Nakhle? I have found a pair of derby from them that I really like.. is it worth the price? how's the quality of it?

I paint stuffs on other stuffs..
coldomatic

Postby frogosaurus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:08 pm

thoughts on off-white jawnz?

frogosaurus

Postby starfox64 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:18 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby g.oos » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:45 pm

anyone know what shirt/pants Blackfoot Phoenix / Skinny Macho is wearing right here?

g.oos

Postby une_impasse » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm about to apply the boutique of my dreams and I'm wondering if I should include a cover letter and what I should include on my resume. Any thoughts? Does anyone have any insight to an independent boutique and what they may be looking for? I have a varied history of experience but I want to make sure it's "tailor-made."

une_impasse

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:50 pm

anyone know if you're able to order to US through the official nepenthes webstore?

harmsalmon

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:54 pm

you're not able to. I've heard rumors from them about one potentially opening some day, but for now it's phone and email orders only

some other things to know:

*their stock differs from their tumblr, things sell out or get stocked & not photographed

*they're very responsive to email orders, but i've had the best luck at getting help over the phone (and it's been fantastic!) via phone

ramdomthought

Postby smass » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:44 am

What are the best consignment shops in NYC?

smass

Postby trasparenti » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:19 am

trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby trasparenti » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:05 am

Hey what show/movie is image this from?

had this shirt lying around but no idea what's on it

Last edited by trasparenti on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby ramseames » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:17 am

anyone tried the OSB trail socks? look good, just wondering if you get what you pay for given how cheap they are.

http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/accessories

ramseames

Postby ice » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:40 am

i have never ordered from rakuten before, and the store didn't accept MasterCard, only visa, or bank transfer, so i selected bank transfer, and they sent me an email like this:
how much am i supposed to pay?
also they didn't provide an account number, is this their problem or mine?
what should i do

ice

PreviousNext

Return to Tags