[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby klonopin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:05 am

What's the deal with Customs duties to the US? I've ordered many times from Europe and Japan and never got hit with duties, but last week I got a $60 invoice from DHL for an order for Other Shop a few months ago. I can't find any substantive difference between my Other Shop purchase and any other international purchase I've made over the years. Can anyone tell me why I was charged for this one and not others? What's going to happen if I don't pay it?

klonopin

Postby tttigre » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:49 am

@klonopin

It seems somewhat arbitrary, but there are some shops (TBS) that are better at avoiding customers paying customs fees than others (End, Sneakerboy). As far as I can tell, it mostly has to do with declared value. For what's it's worth, I've never gotten a customs charge on a package from Japan either.

I got a $40 invoice the other day from FedEx for a ~$240 End order that I made a few weeks ago, but nothing for the other two orders (~85, ~120) that I made over the past couple months. The invoice I got also had a ton of papers in it that answered questions about the items - where were they manufactured, what are the primary materials, is this intended solely for men or boys? I didn't remember anything like that in my previous customs invoices but I hadn't gotten one in over a year. Might be standard.

The first time I got one I called a customer service rep to pay it and I asked them about the process. Basically, the carrier (in your case, DHL) pays the customs charge to get it into the country initially, and bills you that (with an upcharge they term a 'convenience fee'). Otherwise, it would be held at customs until you paid the charge. So, it's owed money, and if you don't pay it it could end up with a collections agency and hurt your credit score. It's nothing to really worry about, but it sure is annoying, and it's something to keep in mind when ordering from overseas - VAT discounts might end up getting counteracted by customs charges.

若者文化
tttigre

Postby Yoder » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Really lusting after RO ramones lately.

I know its kind of "up to me" sort of choice and not answerable that objectionably but are they an improvement or superior silhouette and quality wise to 70s chucks?

any difference between mainline and drkshdw?

do you go down one or tts?

any ideas on what a decent price is? obviously if used can't really say, but some general thoughts could be good. cheers

Yoder

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:55 pm

i wear 44/11 in most shoes, i was a size 43 in geos, and could comfortably size all the way down to 41 in ramones (although id probably cop 42.5 if i had the option)

diff between mainline and drkshdw has to do with the materials iirc

sub $400 is a "good" price for mainline leathers i guess, canvas can sit at like $300 for a while. obviously subtract for wear

the first question is kinda hard to answer, that's like "are geobaskets an improvement or superior silhouette to jordans". I personally really dislike 70s chucks and think ramones can look really good even outside of "the rick look" but you're right in that it's a very personal question

mc-lunar

Postby thephfactor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:08 pm

Hey is there an on line database of fashion collections for both men and women that goes back a long long time? like say I wanted to look at old stuff like 1970s stuff or even 90s stuff. What do?

thephfactor

Postby hirokinakamura » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:19 am

Sizing on Nike inneva wovens?

Some people say TTS, others say half size up.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby station » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:13 am

Anyone know where cav empt gets their tees from? Or tees that have similar proportions? Looking for boxy heavyweight tees

station

Postby mknro » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:03 am

Rather than boxy heavyweight tees, I'm looking for lightweight, relaxed tees (for a tall torso), with relaxed, thin, neckline. Any suggestions?

Maybe similar to Nonnative (I think) Image, preferably even looser. Thinking maybe size up Acne standard o?

mknro

Postby bels » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Anyone own uniqlo dry sweatpants? Uniqlo normal sweatpants? Comment?

I need more black sweatpants that can deal with being washed. My sports direct ones look wrecked.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby anotherdayhere » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:52 pm

looking for a season on the cdg giant rose printed buttonup? rly trying to find one i know they're relatively hard to come by but i'm going to dive into the depths of the internet for it and just wondering if there's a name or season I could use to more effectively jump into the google abyss? can't even find pics of it outside of this site ;(

is it even cdg or am i losing my mind please help me care tags - edit i am an idiot

this one on

edit:

thanks!! that would explain why i couldnt find it

anotherdayhere

Postby weqe » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:04 pm

anybody know what these shoes are? on the left, rights are kinvaras lol

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby radicalbusiness » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 pm

ok so my brother did a photo shoot for filson and now has 500 dollars in filson store credit they he is going to use to buy me a jacket in return for a trade. I'm pretty much down for anything that isnt navy, anyone been scoping out their selection (esepecially from the seattle flagship) and have any recommendations for underrated outerwear of theirs?

radicalbusiness

Postby Cowboy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Where should I look for a cheap(!) unstructured navy blazer to be cas with

Cowboy

Postby nick » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:48 pm

UNIQLO
N
I
Q
L
O

uniqlo.com

Uniqlo

Alternatively, dig around on Rakuten. Good way to burn an afternoon or a post-collegiate lifetime. I recommend this cheap patterned unstructured purple blazer. Next best thing to navy.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kind ... 214005042/

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Cowboy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Also what is the best resource to learn about cas suiting/suiting in general.

Cowboy

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:50 pm

BIGBEE

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:06 am

whats the difference between MHI, DPMHI, and maharishi

JonjoShelvey

Postby maj » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:12 am

mhi is the "streetwear" (vom word) brand

maha is the runway brand

dpmhi is for all their "upcycled" (vomword) military garments and camo stuff

maj

Postby bels » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:46 am

MHI often has mainline pieces in less interesting fabrics. EG you can get snopants, snoshorts, custom pants etc on MHI or maha but the maha ones might be 3xdry or something wheras the MHI will just be cotton.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby earthonator » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:09 am

does anyone know what pnats these are? they are so nice and colorful.

earthonator

Postby JonjoShelvey » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:43 am

They're faded woodland BDUs not sure what brand but I like propper.

If they're a milsurp brand they're most likely Rothco.

JonjoShelvey

Postby tzar » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:48 pm

Looking to get a pair of bulkier sneakers, thinking either AM95s or Insta pumps. Best colorways or any other suggestions

Fake Gucci, that's that shit I don't like.
tzar

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:51 am

All white AM95 are amazing, also hard to go wrong with the classic grey/volt

JonjoShelvey

Postby msc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:52 pm

recs for plain brown tassel loafers?

msc

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:27 pm

why dont people like wtaps anymore

JonjoShelvey

Postby bels » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:38 pm

People all still unsure how to pronounce it. Correct pronunciation below:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qHKvfdD8cH

bels
Yung Winona

Postby radicalbusiness » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:20 pm

solid cheap black denim that isnt levis or uniqlo with 34 inseam?

radicalbusiness

Postby meatjacket » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:13 pm

My cool vintage thrifted leather jacket squeaks a lot when I move my arms

Should I condition it? H e l p

meatjacket

Postby michaelmao » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:16 am

where can i get some gooood patchwork denim

michaelmao

Postby earthonator » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:38 am

idk if this the right thread but is anyone selling a uniqlo linen shirt in white and size small or xsmall?

earthonator

PreviousNext

Return to Tags