[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu May 05, 2016 1:48 pm

i also think it's a sakiori

to does this sort of japanese weave stuff as his project, and he knows a ton of stuff re: japanese vintage and textiles. maybe you can send him a DM asking

he referred to this one as a "sakiori", so i'm inclined to believe its a very tight weave sakiori but i'm no expert. i think it's also possible it might be a rough tateyokogasuri where the warp and weft are dyed with natural color variation and woven without a pattern, but idk

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri May 06, 2016 1:30 pm

still can't seem to find anywhere to actually purchase the stuff, or the stuff i have found is very limited quantity/options and also prohibitively expensive

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby ratchetkoala » Fri May 06, 2016 1:45 pm

|
ratchetkoala

Postby Julio » Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 am

someone i know is trying to sell me a pair of maharishi original snopants for approx $85USD
brand new pair, pretty much. at best fit at home and never washed. i've tried them on and they fit nicely and are comfortable enough (although the organic cotton has this weird feel that makes me think they're not the most tropics-friendly of trousers) but attempting to roll them to use the snobuttons feels odd. like the cuffing makes them too tight or something, i dunno.
anyway my segue aside i guess i'm wondering if this is a sensible price for a pair. i mean, i know snopants normally cost about double the amount he's trying to let go of them for but i'm having some difficulty gauging their "worth".

maha fanboys: are their products really worth it? there's something i can't quite put my finger on about them >_>

Julio

Postby bels » Tue May 10, 2016 7:14 am

Mine are the original fit ones and the hems are so huge there's no chance of them getting tight, though normally idon't roll them, I just push them up, cinch the hems and attach the snobuttons. If these are new maybe they're the "straight fit" ones which looks to have a bit of a smaller hem? Not tried.

All that said, if you don't like them don't buy them. 85 is a good price for some barely used but you can get them for basically any price you want because they've been producing them non stop for twenty years so if you want to pay less you can.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Julio » Tue May 10, 2016 12:46 pm

^thanks for the heads up. i think these are indeed the straight fit ones, yes. not the original loose variation. i quite like them but i guess the translating them from internet to real-life had me expecting more "oomph" or something.

or actually, maybe it's just the strangeness of a three-pocket trouser without belt hoops to hang my bits & bobs off of (keys, wallet chain/carabiner, coin purse) but they really are quite nice. the multitude of stash pockets is a+ too, but really it's not like i'm going to be using all three all that often. i guess it'll be consigned to "sleep on" like most all of my buys lol

Julio

Postby alby » Tue May 10, 2016 11:08 pm

are the acronym x nikes still being resold for a lot? doubt I could get them for retail anymore huh?

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby dbcooper » Thu May 12, 2016 7:01 am

Last edited by dbcooper on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbcooper

Postby soko » Sun May 15, 2016 1:36 pm

Where do I buy shirts with the mythical leaf/palm print?

soko

Postby meatjacket » Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Where can i find a white camp shirt? Aside from the usual gitman, dana, etc.. (would love either of those but hard to find atm)

meatjacket

Postby ramseames » Sun May 15, 2016 9:57 pm

ramseames

Postby meatjacket » Mon May 16, 2016 12:54 am

actually, i guess i got the term wrong I meant whatever they call the Island Shirt but thank you for showing me battenwear! i love this brand now

meatjacket

Postby jrisk » Wed May 18, 2016 10:47 am

Any clues as to where I might get some really loosely-woven casual shirts? I have dana lee's residential shirt which is just great, except the XL is overall way too small. It's referred to as "open-weave cotton". Here's a pic of what the shirt looks like up close.

Edit: Just looked at a size chart for the residential shirts and XL should be perfect for me. So, either it has shrunk extraordinarily or my shirt was mislabeled? I'll measure my shirt later.

jrisk

Postby hig » Sun May 22, 2016 3:07 pm

does anyone know what the ssense sale schedule is like? I know the 50% off just started but I was wondering when more things get added, when the % goes up etc

hig

Postby argew » Mon May 23, 2016 3:18 pm

thinking about buying 70s cons, how's the sizing?

argew

Postby Copeland » Fri May 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Has anyone seen this Ffixxed Jacket in a foreign webshop?

http://suspensionpoint.ca/ffixxed-weave-jacket-black

Copeland

Postby WussWayne » Sat May 28, 2016 4:28 am

A friend of mine is looking to buy glasses in Oslo. Anyone got recs?

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby soz » Sun May 29, 2016 8:58 am

What's ventile fabric like in hand?
It works by becoming waterproof when wet so does that not mean the jacket has to be a bit moist already for it to work and would that not get whatever you're wearing underneath a bit damp too?
TIA

soz

Postby bels » Sun May 29, 2016 9:31 am

whattup

OG ventile does like you say. That's why for full waterproofing you needed two layers of ventile. I've never touched this type of ventile

The Ventile (capital V) that almost all fashion clothes is made from is DWRd so water beads on it. You don't need to worry about clothes underneath getting wet (unless you're in a mega deluge or something)

It feels like....... cotton tbh. Just like a fine cotton weave (but quite thick, obviously jacket weight)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Sun May 29, 2016 10:42 am

if i was to buy something from the opening ceremony sale, like one small thing ($99), and get it shipped here (UK), what costs could/would i incur? i looked at the OC website but it's suitably vague about the whole thing but does say "Orders outside of the US will be shipped DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid). You are liable for all duties, customs, and sales taxes based on the country requirements where the order is being sent. Upon arrival, a separate payment will be required to release your order." the last thing i bought from the states was some OOP mid 90s hardcore records years ago so i have no idea what to expect and i'm terrible at everything

rublev
Political Editor

Postby maj » Sun May 29, 2016 10:47 am

You're looking at 30% more as its over £35 and you pay VAT and handling fees

maj

Postby bels » Sun May 29, 2016 10:53 am

You'll get caned. Don't do it unless it's something you absolutely can't get anywhere else.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Sun May 29, 2016 11:06 am

thanks guys, nevermind then. i can still find it rrp here but don't wanna pay that... will wait it out for a sale i guess!

rublev
Political Editor

Postby weqe » Mon May 30, 2016 6:23 pm

So I want to bring only one pair of pants for my exchange year, thinking high limit of 200 doll hairs. Thinking about getting another pair of raws since my ubs ripped, or a pair of stoney jeans. Slim fit probably, blue or black. Open to any suggestions, feedback on if this is a stupid idea, let me know!

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby sknss » Tue May 31, 2016 5:48 am

What are you going to wear when your pair needs a wash?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Copeland » Tue May 31, 2016 2:00 pm

Has the rising star Rafadidases been discontinued? If so, is there anything remotely similar? Thanks.

Copeland

Postby weqe » Tue May 31, 2016 9:55 pm

wash?

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby MrStuffyStuff » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:51 pm

Anyone know where I can find some very slim, light wash overalls? Perhaps I should buy a pair of women's?

MrStuffyStuff

Postby Morlin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:53 pm

How do Porter HEAT 3WAY's fit 15-inch laptops? Do they have a padded compartment for them?

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby meatjacket » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:27 am

looks for some sick psych rock pants. Any cool patterns such as stripes (multicolor), houndstooth and paisly. Looking for a skinnier fit but i am open to straightleg/loose

examples

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mode ... nd_item_en
http://wiux.org/blog/wp-content/uploads ... lers11.jpg
etc

meatjacket

PreviousNext

Return to Tags